Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hero_Of_The_Hour

Mike Dirnt selling two homes for $3.8 million and $4.8 million respectively.

Recommended Posts

 

There is a video on the LA Times page which I can't manage to post here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this a thread :mellow: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

The same reason there is a thread every time Billie sells a car.

I don't understand those threads either but at least they're not listing photos or details of a place he lived in! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jumpsalty said:

I don't understand those threads either but at least they're not listing photos or details of a place he lived in! 

if Billie put his used cleenex on Ebay the stalkers would put the auction up to six digits. I don't get it either, tbh. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

LA Times published it. He no longer lives there. It's news related to the band that is interesting to fans. There was a similar thread in 2012 when Billie sold a house.

Yeah, I see no problem with the thread, and to be honest, if I lived in the area and was in the same price range I'd appreciate the post. Maybe I'd ask for the seller to throw in a personal tour!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

We like to see where our money goes :lol:

best post in recent memory

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

LA Times published it. He no longer lives there. It's news related to the band that is interesting to fans. There was a similar thread in 2012 when Billie sold a house.

Yeah exactly it's a news story and it's not like having a thread about their current home/address. It's just mildly interesting to see how cool (and expensive damn :lol:) the house he lived in was. Although it's likely to have been redecorated for selling so it's not as interesting as say when Billie posted photos of his unusually decorated and messy house haha.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

Why is this a thread :mellow: 

Maybe someone here might like to buy the property.

4 hours ago, Schlappy said:

We like to see where our money goes :lol:

Yeah, good to know he has a good taste :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would very much like to buy it :lol: Both of these properties are beautiful. But that would also need to involve me winning the lottery :P 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks, the commute to work from either of those houses would be too much. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revrad flopping won't pay the bills I see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the 2nd and 3rd properties he's done this with though. The first one was one he lived in a loooong time ago and renovated it after moving and in that article I recall that he mentioned he was trying to continue with real estate investments. So I don't know that these are literally his former family homes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

These are the 2nd and 3rd properties he's done this with though. The first one was one he lived in a loooong time ago and renovated it after moving and in that article I recall that he mentioned he was trying to continue with real estate investments. So I don't know that these are literally his former family homes.

Brit definitely posted pictures from the second house. That view is pretty unforgettable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Brit definitely posted pictures from the second house. That view is pretty unforgettable. 

Right, but two at once isn't exactly their lifestyle right?

Eh, it doesn't matter ultimately. I think it's interesting to see his business prospects outside of music. Like Rudy's and then his real estate. I find it interesting, not stalkery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess I'm moving. :lol: 

14 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

if Billie put his used cleenex on Ebay the stalkers would put the auction up to six digits. I don't get it either, tbh. 

And we would probably have a thread about it. :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RougeRogue said:

Right, but two at once isn't exactly their lifestyle right?

Eh, it doesn't matter ultimately. I think it's interesting to see his business prospects outside of music. Like Rudy's and then his real estate. I find it interesting, not stalkery.

Well I'm fairly sure his principal house is in the Oakland area, though I could be wrong, so the other two houses are holiday homes as such. I think I read a few months ago that he also sold a house in Ojai so technically he had three or four homes then :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of musicians, celebrities, and footballers live in really tacky houses, but those houses Mikes selling actually look really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan86 said:

No thanks, the commute to work from either of those houses would be too much. 

If you had multimillions to buy one of those houses you could quit your job :lol: 

I love the second one especially - I spot a dolphin on the wall that looks just like the one tattooed on my arm :cool: Shame it's a little over my budget :P 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Well I'm fairly sure his principal house is in the Oakland area, though I could be wrong, so the other two houses are holiday homes as such. I think I read a few months ago that he also sold a house in Ojai so technically he had three or four homes then :lol:

The Ojai was that first one I mentioned that when they moved out of it, he redid the whole thing.

Having "homes" can mean having properties you plan to do something else with.

Again, it's whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...found it.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-mike-dirnt-ojai-20161222-story,amp.html

 

Green Day bassist Mike Dirnt bids adieu to quaint home in Ojai

A limited liability company with ties to Mike Dirnt, bassist and vocalist for punk rock band Green Day, has sold a home in the Ojai Village area through a blind trust for $602,000.

Built in 1960, the white-hued bungalow features hardwood floors, custom-painted rooms and a living room with a brick fireplace. An eat-in kitchen, three bedrooms and 1.75 bathrooms also lie within 1,200 square feet of living space

Outdoors, there’s a brick patio, mature trees and landscaping. Drought-tolerant plantings flank the driveway and front landing.

The property last changed hands four years ago for $365,000, the public record shows. Hat tip to Celebrity Aerial Address for spotting the sale.

Cathy Titus of Coldwell Banker Property Shoppe was the listing agent, according to the Multiple Listing Service. Jeannie Nickerson of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties represented the buyer.

Dirnt, 44, is a founding member of Green Day and a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Among the group’s hits is “American Idiot,” “Brain Stew/Jaded” and “Basket Case.”

 

For those who don't know Ojai is Brits hometown. This looks like it was just a little cottage they had in her hometown so they could visit. It sold in December. 

 

 

 

550x309

400x225

400x225

400x225

400x225

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

400x225

400x225

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×