Billie Joe Experience (Green Day) - 'Rox Yer Ass'

djrossstar

GREEN DAY FANS: I recently got my hands on an extremely rare cassette tape compilation from the early '90s called 'Life Without Spot - A Food Not Bombs Benefit Compilation'. 

The compilation features Green Day under the secret name Billie Joe Experience performing an 'instrumental' jam titled 'Rox Yer Ass.' I have decided to share this gem with the world.

For those who are hesitant as to it's authenticity, I reached out to Corbett Redford (of the upcoming documentary - Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk [http://www.eastbaypunk.com]) who personally verified it with Billie Joe!

DJ Rossstar

Billie Joe Experience (Green Day) - Rox Yer Ass

Sounds like the same voice effect used in Android for the 'somebody else can do it' part!

1 hour ago, T@l said:

Sound like a track in one of the Dookie demos!

Thought that as soon as I heard it - it's definitely the same track with some more guitar and voice effects on top :D 

Won, that was different, far heavier than I expected but really cool, thanks for sharing.

Wish I could decipher any words, but the tape is old and the quality is the same as my mp3.

19 minutes ago, djrossstar said:

Wish I could decipher any words, but the tape is old and the quality is the same as my mp3.

Can you send me scans of the cover? I'd like to add the tape to Discogs :) Very nice find man! It's great to know the title of that song now

also, would you be generous enough to upload the whole tape in lossless? I'd love to hear the other bands! :D 

Here's the Dookie demo if anyone hasn't heard it

:D 

Am I the only one that hears the deep voice say "Green Day" around the 1:14 mark? Maybe I'm misinterpreting 

The Dookie demo version that we already know about is from Green Day's last show at 924 Gilman in 1993. It's actually a live track. The new one sounds like it's from the actual Dookie demo studio sessions.

1 hour ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Cool, I liked it! I sounds kinda Van Halen - like

Metallica was my first thought.

The screams and guitars on mine make it sound almost completely different. I like both.

Holy crap that's amazing!!! I definitely get a Van Halen/Metallica vibe from it. It's more 80's metal than punk and I love it! 

Archived