Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

WhiteTim

13 Reasons Why

67 posts in this topic

That'd be the only thing that could have happened other than her lying. Good point.

15 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Hide contents

but what if Zack did throw away a paper and Hannah assumes it was her letter he threw?

Spoiler

That only makes me saltier, because she didn't double check that with him even though he was RIGHT. THERE. 

On 29/04/2017 at 0:12 AM, Sarcasm said:

hey I have a question 

Hide contents

who do you believe? Hannah said that that one dude threw away the letter she wrote for him, disregarding it, but that was a lie. What else could she have lied about,k and why did she do it? It sort of takes away the credibility of the tapes, imo. It bothers me. 

On 29/04/2017 at 7:55 AM, WhiteTim said:

Hide contents

but what if Zack did throw away a paper and Hannah assumes it was her letter he threw?

i think that's the point and I like that they did that - she didn't lie, she was just wrong. She thought she saw him throw the piece of paper away, he says he didn't. In all likelihood he threw a different piece of paper away, and doesn't remember because it was months ago. Who remembers trash they threw away that long ago? But Hannah remembered because she mistakenly thought he was throwing the letter she'd written.

Another example is when Hannah said her friends stopped coming to the cafe, but Jessica thinks Hannah stopped going first. Neither of them are lying, they just remember it differently. I don't think it matters what actually happened, what matters is how each person's memory influenced their actions. That's what the series is about - about the relationship between these things that happened to Hannah, and her depression. And how the people involved don't believe they did anything wrong, because they remember the events differently. Some of the events contributed to Hannah's depression,and in turn her depression influenced how she perceived the events. Two of her friends (that she admitted were never close friends) stop coming to the cafe with her, and that made her believe that they hated her and that she needed to commit suicide. I have depression and I can totally relate to that - I can't count how many times I've believed my friends hate me just because they do one thing without me.

4 people like this

I am on episode 4 and this is so intense! I've heard it gets harder and harder to watch. Don't know if I can take some scenes to come. Already feel so sad at this point but also want to keep watching...

I've only watched 6 episodes so far, it's an okay show I guess. I think I'd like it a lot more if I was 16 years old.

Also my concubine and I agree that Tony's character makes no sense whatsoever, other than the fact that we're pretty sure he gave Hannah the tapes and was in on her plan. But he looks so old! Is he supposed to be a student, with all those tattoos already on him? Why is he EVERYWHERE? Why does he hang out with people's moms?

58 minutes ago, Dai. said:

I've only watched 6 episodes so far, it's an okay show I guess. I think I'd like it a lot more if I was 16 years old.

Also my concubine and I agree that Tony's character makes no sense whatsoever, other than the fact that we're pretty sure he gave Hannah the tapes and was in on her plan. But he looks so old! Is he supposed to be a student, with all those tattoos already on him? Why is he EVERYWHERE? Why does he hang out with people's moms?

Tony's role doesn't really get a full explanation other than they knew each other and she got the recorder from him and he's "17" but apperently their school doesn't mind tattoos at all

No 17 year old has that many tattoos :P He looks like a twice-college-dropout at best.

14 minutes ago, Dai. said:

No 17 year old has that many tattoos :P He looks like a twice-college-dropout at best.

Well in the show he states he's 17 lol 

while the show imo are acted well they didn't cast realistically as Tony and few others do look past high school age while there are a few states that allow 17 year olds tattoos I have not seen a school that would allow kids to display them openly at mine if students had them they had to be covered at all times for our basketball games you'd think majority of the players was injured by the many bandages they had to wear to cover there's lol 

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Well in the show he states he's 17 lol 

while the show imo are acted well they didn't cast realistically as Tony and few others do look past high school age while there are a few states that allow 17 year olds tattoos I have not seen a school that would allow kids to display them openly at mine if students had them they had to be covered at all times for our basketball games you'd think majority of the players was injured by the many bandages they had to wear to cover there's lol 

yeah I've known 17 year olds with tattoos, but theirs are too nice. In real life when 17 year olds have tattoos, it's stick n poke smiley faces or "no ragrets" :lol: 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Emilie said:

yeah I've known 17 year olds with tattoos, but theirs are too nice. In real life when 17 year olds have tattoos, it's stick n poke smiley faces or "no ragrets" :lol: 

Yeah those were the type the kids at my school were like jailhouse tats (as TX isn't one those states where they allow under 18 to get tatted lol) 

I wonder if he really has all of them (and the other casts as well) or if he has some and others were put on I'd love to hear the thought process of the tats 

Some of them had tattoos placed on them (the actor that plays Justin has like one or two tattoos of his own that are on the underside of his arm), whereas the dude that plays Tony does have at least one or two visible bicep and chest tattoos).

I mean, some schools have bigger issues than others in regards to them, it really all depends.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Dai. said:

this bothered me as well. I also said that I'd enjoy the show more if I were younger, but the show matured a lot for me. Basically I cringed during the first half and really liked the latter half. 

5 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

this bothered me as well. I also said that I'd enjoy the show more if I were younger, but the show matured a lot for me. Basically I cringed during the first half and really liked the latter half. 

I blame you for that I never thought about the tattoos until you pointed it out 😂

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I blame you for that I never thought about the tattoos until you pointed it out 😂

honestly though. Tattoos has become a lot more common, but decked out 15 - 17 year olds are not. 

1 person likes this

Yeah, we're almost done with episode 9 now and Justin is also pretty tattooed, and a few others as well. 

Tony's awesome. My mom was watching the show when I was at her place, I just love watching Tony for some reason, really good actor! Funny when Clay calls him on being a know it all and stuff, I laughed.

Okay well we are done. Jesus christ, some of those scenes were super hard to watch. And to think it happens for real every single day...