Next Single

Boulevard of Brexit Dreams

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I agree they can't go over the top with their promo, but the way they never seem to get through with something they've started irritates me. 

For example: the revrad video was announced a couple days before the New Year's Eve, then some photos that looked like they might have been from the shot were posted, it looked like they were trying to create hype - and it worked - but then, nothing happened for months. Later, completely out of the blue, the mysterious stillbreathing campaign was launched - and it kind of fell flat because they never really managed to convey the message it was supposed to have (and it came way to late to have any impact, almost 6 months after the single and the video, mind you). And now, after months of airplay, RevRad finally gets announced as a single and the music video is re-announced.

This is called "late to the party". Really, it's almost as if their pr team lived in a parallel universe where all of this makes sense. 

It's no big tragedy but damn, they are such a huge band, one would expect Warner to pay more attention to their promo. 

Warner sucks though. Not GD related, but Madonna left Warner back in 2007 and got a deal with Live Nation/Interscope Records, which helped her a lot. I personally think Warner is not a good label, and they should leave soon. Anyway, they still have months to go, the South America dates are about to be announced, and they could totally released RevRad music video now, and then a 4th final single by the end of the year. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

Warner sucks though. Not GD related, but Madonna left Warner back in 2007 and got a deal with Live Nation/Interscope Records, which helped her a lot. I personally think Warner is not a good label, and they should leave soon. Anyway, they still have months to go, the South America dates are about to be announced, and they could totally released RevRad music video now, and then a 4th final single by the end of the year. 

I don't know details about their contract, but I think I read somewhere they can't leave Warner yet. It would be interesting to see what a change of label would do with them. 

Yes yes, my guess for the final single is OW. 

38 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

Creeper's album promotion was the best I've ever seen by a million miles, and they're also signed to a subsidiary of Warner (Roadrunner), so I'd be hesitant in saying it's an inherent problem with the label.  GD's promotion hasn't been great at all, but it could've been worse - I mean, we're here talking about it so they must have done something to make us aware of things, and they just played a massive concert on GMA which I reckon got them some publicity.  Plus I wouldn't be at all surprised if the promo picks up masssively with the impending RevRad video and South American tour announcements possibly being done in conjunction/quick succession so each fuels the other.

3 hours ago, I am Max. said:

It's funny to read all your comments and complaints. I'm not a stan, or a die hard fan, so I don't really know every detail about everything. However, I've seen many interviews, many Facebook and Instagram posts, and the lyrics video and everything... I mean, they don't promote like a pop singer (they're everywhere) but they have done a good job. I think you guys need to stop worrying too much.

I agree with this. I am not really complainting about GD lack off promotion for their new cd,

I thought they did have decent good promotion though the facebook live, Instagram and all of their appearance promoting their cd on Late Night and daytime show. Don't forget their World Tour of RevRad.

and I am glad Billie and boy is not doing over-the-top-promotion like some popular artists these days.

I just love seeing their happy faces to their happy fan faces enjoying their music.

I still maintain that proper concert live footage from their own concert (or festivals) would be a good form of promotion. Just look at how many views videos from Reading Festival 2013 (and come to mention it 2004) got on YouTube! 

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

I still maintain that proper concert live footage from their own concert (or festivals) would be a good form of promotion. Just look at how many views videos from Reading Festival 2013 (and come to mention it 2004) got on YouTube! 

Yes, what I loved about Trilogy was that we got lots of pro-shot footage, especially considering how short the tour was in comparison with revrad. 

27 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Agree. We actually haven't got one concert video from the RevRad tour except from the shows on TV (James Cordon, AMA .... ) . If we compare it to like Metallica who records like one song from each concert now? I really hope we get to see some proper footage from the festivals this year! 

I think it would be interesting to see what a different record label could do with GD. In my opinion, i don't think the promotion for RevRad has been that bad, you know they performed at Ellen, Stephen Colbert, AMA, James Corden etc, GMA, they have been interviewed by Rolling Stone and been on a few radio stations. So that is good, BUT what really lacks is content on their sosial channels like YouTube and Facebook. Why don't we have more live footage on the YouTube page? And why can't we get some behind the scenes stuff and that kind of thing on their Facebook? It's just a big lack of footage - live PROPER video - and pictures.

As there isn't any proper footage from the RevRad tour, we still have to watch fan footage from the arena tour (Europe, USA). 

And where did the Bang Bang art cover go? Billie Joe tweeted a picture of it back in August or something.... But here we are in almost june and the single art cover is still the same? 

5 hours ago, Jonas01 said:

Agree. We actually haven't got one concert video from the RevRad tour except from the shows on TV (James Cordon, AMA .... ) . If we compare it to like Metallica who records like one song from each concert now? I really hope we get to see some proper footage from the festivals this year! 

I think it would be interesting to see what a different record label could do with GD. In my opinion, i don't think the promotion for RevRad has been that bad, you know they performed at Ellen, Stephen Colbert, AMA, James Corden etc, GMA, they have been interviewed by Rolling Stone and been on a few radio stations. So that is good, BUT what really lacks is content on their sosial channels like YouTube and Facebook. Why don't we have more live footage on the YouTube page? And why can't we get some behind the scenes stuff and that kind of thing on their Facebook? It's just a big lack of footage - live PROPER video - and pictures.

As there isn't any proper footage from the RevRad tour, we still have to watch fan footage from the arena tour (Europe, USA). 

And where did the Bang Bang art cover go? Billie Joe tweeted a picture of it back in August or something.... But here we are in almost june and the single art cover is still the same? 

Warner doesn't control the FB or the YouTube account so even if they left Warner it'd still be treated the same way 

7 hours ago, I am Max. said:

How has it helped Madonna? Her sales have gone down more than 50% her last Warner album sold 4 million her first interscope sold 2 million and the last hardly even went platinum so she's gone down since Warner now her tours still do well but that doesn't have anything at all to do with what label she is on she's the 3rd highest grossing touring artist only U2 and Beatles are in front of her she hasn't even needed to do an album to tour for the last 10 or so years  

All I want are those trilogy songs with the remixed guitars. :P 

32 minutes ago, Jarred.cook7655 said:

All I want are those trilogy songs with the remixed guitars. :P 

I know right that was a fucking tease 

7 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Warner doesn't control the FB or the YouTube account so even if they left Warner it'd still be treated the same way 

How has it helped Madonna? Her sales have gone down more than 50% her last Warner album sold 4 million her first interscope sold 2 million and the last hardly even went platinum so she's gone down since Warner now her tours still do well but that doesn't have anything at all to do with what label she is on she's the 3rd highest grossing touring artist only U2 and Beatles are in front of her she hasn't even needed to do an album to tour for the last 10 or so years  

Okay so we can say that the media team is not good enough 

Looks like the promotion for Revrad's actually started now:

how about the video? I don't really care for single..and why on IheartRadiio?

1 hour ago, Caroline Truong said:

how about the video? I don't really care for single..and why on IheartRadiio?

Because they own many radio stations across the US

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Because they own many radio stations across the US

really?..and maybe Warner Bro owned IheartRadio is that it?:dry:

12 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

No, iHeart is just the biggest radio company in the US, it owns about 20% of US radio stations.  

On 5/20/2017 at 4:40 PM, Jane Lannister said:

I don't know details about their contract, but I think I read somewhere they can't leave Warner yet. It would be interesting to see what a change of label would do with them. 

Yes yes, my guess for the final single is OW. 

What I would like to see happen is they resurrect the nearly-dead entity that is Adeline Records, somehow break their contract with Reprise, and start putting themselves out on their own label.

6 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

Warner doesn't own iHeartRadio 

I agree Ordinary World would make sense as a single. Down-tempo is always your best shot at radio and streaming popularity, especially for Green Day. It's also just a nice showcase of Billie's melodic ability when the band is stripped down, the people could take to it.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:48 AM, Z J said:

I agree Ordinary World would make sense as a single. Down-tempo is always your best shot at radio and streaming popularity, especially for Green Day. It's also just a nice showcase of Billie's melodic ability when the band is stripped down, the people could take to it.

Ordinary World is next, followed by a fifth single that only fans will care about and won't make much of an impact.   And then we can officially speculate (and open a new topic) about ALBUM 13, the greatest album the world has ever heard! 

everybody wants ordinary world to be the next single but am i the only one who desperately wants forever now to be the next single??? like they love playing it, i believe all three of them have said multiple times that it's their favorite off of the record (I could be wrong, but I know Billie Joe has definitely). and i mean if you've seen the colbert video the crowds definitely love it, it seems to get louder cheers than RevRad. idk i just think it would be a better option and then make OW the final, fifth one.

11 hours ago, imXieli said:

everybody wants ordinary world to be the next single but am i the only one who desperately wants forever now to be the next single??? like they love playing it, i believe all three of them have said multiple times that it's their favorite off of the record (I could be wrong, but I know Billie Joe has definitely). and i mean if you've seen the colbert video the crowds definitely love it, it seems to get louder cheers than RevRad. idk i just think it would be a better option and then make OW the final, fifth one.

They have tried other multi-suite songs as singles that didn't really perform well. 21st century breakdown and JOS both lost their touch with a radio edit. For that reason I'd worry about Forever Now as a single.

But, if they could find a way to edit it well I could dig it. That hook is golden- could def do well on the radio. With the recent (perhaps brief) revival of some rock sound in popular music, they really have nothing to lose by putting their best song forward, which I think is their strongest of the non-singles that are left. 

Waiting for the Rev Rad video like

skeleton-computer1-230x190.jpg

2 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Waiting for the Rev Rad video like

:lol:waiting for RevRad. Two Green Day Song in one..;)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what absolute proof do we even have that there is a RevRad video? 

Archived