Next Single

Boulevard of Brexit Dreams

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

They are waiting way too long for rev rad to be a single. When it does, no one will care outside of GDC of course.

Well this is typical for album promotion. The third single generally tends to be released months after the album release. SB could've been released a bit sooner and this single could've been released a bit sooner too but yeah, this has generally been the pattern for most GD albums

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MysticManiac said:

Well this is typical for album promotion. The third single generally tends to be released months after the album release. SB could've been released a bit sooner and this single could've been released a bit sooner too but yeah, this has generally been the pattern for most GD albums

Nope. They should of promoted it before when it first came out. GD fucked up

15 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

You may be right about the pattern, but it's a fucking title track! They should've made a music video and promote it when the album came out

13 minutes ago, kripack said:

You may be right about the pattern, but it's a fucking title track! They should've made a music video and promote it when the album came out

It's such a bad move to release it last year before the album and not capitalize on it right away. I doubt it'll have much of an impact.

I guess at least REVrad being the next single is much much much better than Troubled Times :lol:

10 hours ago, Eric said:

Nope. They should of promoted it before when it first came out. GD fucked up

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying this has been a typical GD promotion pattern for their albums. The trilogy is the only exception as all 3 Uno singles were released before Uno was released. That didn't seem to work too well

10 hours ago, Eric said:

It's such a bad move to release it last year before the album and not capitalize on it right away. I doubt it'll have much of an impact.

I guess at least REVrad being the next single is much much much better than Troubled Times :lol:

TT > RR

I agree, revrad is getting quite a lot of airplay considering they've done fuck all to promote it, which means they should have released it together with a video while it was new.

Green Day have a 3 week break in their tour when this is being released to radio, so there's plenty of opportunity for some TV/Radio promo if they can get it.

I do think the promo for RevRad has been much better than it was for the trilogy, even if it's nowhere near the level it was during the AI era (though admittedly there are less avenues to promote singles now.  CD/Vinyl singles no longer exist, Top of the Pops used to feature a lot of rock bands which gave the songs more exposure than just radio play, but TOTP has also gone.)  Yes I know Billie Joe went to rehab but when they continued touring after he came out, there was no TV or radio performances, and we didn't really have any before rehab either.

I've said before that Green Day don't really care about Top 100 songs anyway.  I think it was on MTV Asks Green Day, Billie was asked how he feels about Green Days songs not being as successful now and he replied "What are you talking about? We've just had 2 successful singles?"  Majority of their revenue comes from ticket sales and we can see from recent tour stats they don't seem to have any issue in shifting tickets.

Personally, I would love to get my hands on physical copies of singles from RevRad to go with my collection (I'm especially a sucker for vinyl) but I'm from a different generation and I know it's not financially viable to produce them because people don't buy them anymore.  Saying that, vinyl sales have started increasing again in recent years, even though CD sales are declining, so I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that vinyl singles make a comeback (especially with the supposed return of Woolworths to UK High Streets, who were the biggest seller of CD/Vinyl Singles)

56 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

Green Day have a 3 week break in their tour when this is being released to radio, so there's plenty of opportunity for some TV/Radio promo if they can get it.

I do think the promo for RevRad has been much better than it was for the trilogy, even if it's nowhere near the level it was during the AI era (though admittedly there are less avenues to promote singles now.  CD/Vinyl singles no longer exist, Top of the Pops used to feature a lot of rock bands which gave the songs more exposure than just radio play, but TOTP has also gone.)  Yes I know Billie Joe went to rehab but when they continued touring after he came out, there was no TV or radio performances, and we didn't really have any before rehab either.

I've said before that Green Day don't really care about Top 100 songs anyway.  I think it was on MTV Asks Green Day, Billie was asked how he feels about Green Days songs not being as successful now and he replied "What are you talking about? We've just had 2 successful singles?"  Majority of their revenue comes from ticket sales and we can see from recent tour stats they don't seem to have any issue in shifting tickets.

Personally, I would love to get my hands on physical copies of singles from RevRad to go with my collection (I'm especially a sucker for vinyl) but I'm from a different generation and I know it's not financially viable to produce them because people don't buy them anymore.  Saying that, vinyl sales have started increasing again in recent years, even though CD sales are declining, so I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that vinyl singles make a comeback (especially with the supposed return of Woolworths to UK High Streets, who were the biggest seller of CD/Vinyl Singles)

RR's promo has definitely without a doubt been better than the trilogy. And GD don't really care about success anymore, not for this album anyway. They're just writing songs they want to write. For 21CB and the trilogy, those were huge projects and they were hoping for them to have some sort of impact like AI did (21CB did to an extent with 21 Guns). Considering the type of album this is, just a 12 song album, I think they're happy enough with how BB and SB have done. Both have reached No. 1 on 3 US rock charts, the Canada Rock chart, BB reached No. 1 on the UK rock chart while SB peaked at No. 2, they still managed to chart at No. 8 and No. 11 on the US Hot Rock charts despite a lack of sales (so that was pretty much just from airplay). SB also charted on Adult Alternative, Adult Pop and Adult Contemporary charts too and BB reached No. 4 on Bubbling Under the Hot 100

Also, who the fuck would ask a group "How do you feel about your songs not being successful now"? That sounds like a dumb and rather insulting question to ask someone. I'm sure GD doesn't care what people think but yeah, considering the status of rock music nowadays in the music industry those 2 singles have been successful.

4 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Also, who the fuck would ask a group "How do you feel about your songs not being successful now"? That sounds like a dumb and rather insulting question to ask someone. I'm sure GD doesn't care what people think but yeah, considering the status of rock music nowadays in the music industry those 2 singles have been successful.

Yeah I thought the same thing when he asked the question.  Luckily they have more sense than to measure a songs success by its Billboard placing.  If it can top the Rock chart, get a ton of airplay, receives millions of listens on Spotify and YouTube, and get an arena of fans to sing the song back to you without prompting, then it's a success.

Billie said in his reply to the question the album has already produced 2 successful singles.  Fingers crossed Revolution Radio does just as well.

I don't think it really matters much now with the way music is treated these days. Only the actual Green Day fans will give a shit about a video or "single", especially the third single. I can't wait personally, love the title track, one of my favorites off RevRad to play and hear, quite glad there will be a video for it!

Heard Rev Rad on the radio yesterday morning :wub: On an alternative, fairly popular station and pretty much the only show I listen to semi regularly so I don't know how much it's being played elsewhere. They love Green Day (even named TDTD best album track) and have played it before, but I'm sure it's not a coincidence. I tried to listen from a non fan's perspective and have to admit it sounds pretty damn fresh.

On 3/29/2017 at 3:21 PM, Demon!Dean said:

i think to me personally RevRad's HYPE ran its course.

This. The album's pretty much forgotten; it had a few decent tracks, but nothing noteworthy. GD is capable of something more greater than RevRad, judging by the band's songwriting capabilities in the past. I hope they pull a 180, and start making something with more substance.

2 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Heard Rev Rad on the radio yesterday morning :wub: On an alternative, fairly popular station and pretty much the only show I listen to semi regularly so I don't know how much it's being played elsewhere. They love Green Day (even named TDTD best album track) and have played it before, but I'm sure it's not a coincidence. I tried to listen from a non fan's perspective and have to admit it sounds pretty damn fresh.

Which radio station? 

2 hours ago, Beathe. said:

Which radio station? 

P13. The guys from Stjernepose play GD a fair bit (I give them credit for reigniting my love back in november) but I've heard them at other times too. It's the perfect station IMO so it's nice that they're getting some airplay here :happy:

So today's the day that RR gets released to radio, Anyone heard it on radio yet today?

RevRad video this week maybe?

Fingers crossed for a B-Side/New live performance on the Revolution Radio single. The Bang Bang CD just had the Awesome As F**k Version of Letterbomb.

1 hour ago, MysticManiac said:

So today's the day that RR gets released to radio, Anyone heard it on radio yet today?

RevRad video this week maybe?

No sign of a video anywhere yet, as far as I can see.  It seems that quite a few US stations have been playing the song this morning, don't know if that's an increase on what it's been lately but it looks like that may be the case.  I'm still hoping for a video some time today, though I'm not hugely optimistic - I'm pretty sure all their other videos were released at 3pm UK time.

Probabily we'll get more news in the next few days....i'm just guessing...For what I know, music videos are always published AFTER the single

Friday maybe to coincide with the GMA appearance? Or Thursday pm, just ahead.

4 hours ago, jengd said:

Friday maybe to coincide with the GMA appearance? Or Thursday pm, just ahead.

My thoughts exactly.
Hopefully we get a video soon! I'd love a new one :P

7 hours ago, WorryRock02 said:

Probabily we'll get more news in the next few days....i'm just guessing...For what I know, music videos are always published AFTER the single

Generally they are, though the song was released in September so I'm unsure what else they could do to mark it 'officially' becoming a single.

12 hours ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Fingers crossed for a B-Side/New live performance on the Revolution Radio single. The Bang Bang CD just had the Awesome As F**k Version of Letterbomb.

what is named of song for B-side for RevRad single?

hoping they played RevRad live and video..at GMA

I just heard RevRad being played on Triple M over here, announced as the "brand new single".

18 minutes ago, belinda jane said:

I just heard RevRad being played on Triple M over here, announced as the "brand new single".

woohoo - now I don't have to listen:)

Archived