The Jeff Matika Show officially on youtube

herewegoagain

Not sure if this was worthy of a thread but I got excited. For a new member half of the episodes on Idiot Nation are really hard to find and the other half won't play, so. And I hadn't seen this one :happy:

Hoping this means more will be added, at least older episodes.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is cool! But lol they're really making it so you get nothing for your money on IN. Not a good fan club.

23 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This is cool! But lol they're really making it so you get nothing for your money on IN. Not a good fan club.

Haha, fair point. I thought maybe it could be to boost interest for it (i.e. lure people in), if they only release one or a few episodes. Makes sense if more is on the way this year.

I joined mainly for this and potential presales and $20 isn't a big deal but the whole thing feels pretty deserted and messy. I mean, how hard is it to add a search engine at the very least?

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

Haha, fair point. I thought maybe it could be to boost interest for it (i.e. lure people in), if they only release one or a few episodes. Makes sense if more is on the way this year.

I joined mainly for this and potential presales and $20 isn't a big deal but the whole thing feels pretty deserted and messy. I mean, how hard is it to add a search engine at the very least?

I joined for the contests. So far the only one I've seen is the one where you could win merch and there's a winner every week.

So far all the winners have been American...

1 hour ago, Emilie said:

Jason did this once didn't he? Hope that one gets uploaded 

Apparently but I wasn't able to find/play it. So I hope so too!

8 minutes ago, Jean said:

I joined for the contests. So far the only one I've seen is the one where you could win merch and there's a winner every week.

So far all the winners have been American...

They didn't specify whether it's US only so I haven't bothered so far. Probably not a great tactic... :ermm:

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

I renew for presales because I can't resist but otherwise I never would. They at least used to post photos from each show, have early entry/soundcheck contests for shows, and do occasional exclusive interviews/videos, as well as a period of a decent amount of contests when they first changed from Idiot Club to Idiot Nation. But now even though the band are back with a new album touring it's just desolate, nothing going on and I don't think the band themselves have done anything for it since the Jeff Matika show 4 years ago. It's kind of funny when they give a shout out to "the Idiot Nation" meaning all fans when it's just a joke of a fan club. 

But anyway I am actually glad this is on youtube for everyone to see because it's good and deserves to be seen! Also plays much better on there.

1 hour ago, Emilie said:

Jason did this once didn't he? Hope that one gets uploaded 

He did! It was one of the last ones I think, really cool to see him interviewed like that and it was funny. Although really annoyingly there was meant to be another part but they never posted it. They should put it on youtube with the missing part :P 

I had totally forgotton about that, great to watch it again, it's hilarious :lol:

I'm not on IN but I actually got to see these videos with Billie thanks to a friend, but I only saw two and I remember Billie's interview was in 3 parts, right? Hope they upload all of them :P 

10 minutes ago, Niënor said:

Yay!  I've never seen these so this is really exciting.

What an opener "How's sobriety?"

I know right, it was right after rehab too. I thought that was a smart move, got rid of the elephant in the roof at the start.

I imagine it was Jeff who threw that in there although the interview was based on fan questions? His laugh during the end credits though :wub:

51 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

I'm not on IN but I actually got to see these videos with Billie thanks to a friend, but I only saw two and I remember Billie's interview was in 3 parts, right? Hope they upload all of them :P 

Yeah I've only seen one other clip with Billie. It seems Jeff deleted his tweet about it now. Tbf it would be a really teasy move to just upload one but then again we never know with GD's marketing crew. The comments are cracking me up. "This was fucking stupid. Can't even believe that he uploaded it. He's become such a loser. Plus he comes across as a girl now. Whatever happened to Billie Joe THE MAN?" What? :lol:

29 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I imagine it was Jeff who threw that in there although the interview was based on fan questions? His laugh during the end credits though :wub:

Yeah they took fan questions from IN members, often there'd be ones added like that though.

Lol people in the youtube comments don't like Whitewolf the wizard

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lol people in the youtube comments don't like Whitewolf the wizard

I saw that, lol.  I don't get it.  I think the annoying sound effects make everything even funnier.

Cool can't  wait to see them. This interview with Billie is kind of awkward but funny. His laugh cracks me up.

9 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Not sure if this was worthy of a thread but I got excited. For a new member half of the episodes on Idiot Nation are really hard to find and the other half won't play, so. And I hadn't seen this one :happy:

Hoping this means more will be added, at least older episodes.

Ha!I just saw this on YouTube..I was dying of :lol:

Did you know Billie his idea..

12 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

Ha!I just saw this on YouTube..I was dying of :lol:

Did you know Billie his idea..

The show? I don't know whose idea it was back in 2013 but I'm guessing they're sharing them now because they're making more soon.

21 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Cool can't  wait to see them. This interview with Billie is kind of awkward but funny. His laugh cracks me up.

In the words of one wise youtube commenter, "his laugh could cure cancer." I'm inclined to agree.

Archived