Do you guys know if Green Day are going to get a pro-shot concert this tour?

paperlanterns22

9 minutes ago, paperlanterns22 said:

Do you guys know?

Unknown. I didn't notice a professional video recording of our recent show, but that doesn't mean they're not recoding other dates. I do know that they record pretty much everything live (all the shows, for example), in audio. I don't know about video. They take pictures and some video of soundcheck as well. What I would love to know (and never asked when I had the chance) was if/ when all these recordings will ever see the light of day. It would be great if they did what Phish and Pearl Jam do and release the live audio recordings to fans (for example, if you have a ticket to a show, at some later point you could buy the master copy of the audio for that evening). But they haven't done this yet and it would be surprising if they ever did.

If they are, we probably won't find out until at least a couple months after the tour is over. Every time they've released professional live audio or video (as far as I know), we've found out after the tour. I don't remember seeing any professional-looking cameras at my concert either, but it could have been hidden well. I wouldn't count on it though.

That'd be great if there were shooting one in England this summer (some kind of Bullet in a Bible II). 

I'd like to see

- A complete show(start to finish), we've never seen a complete Green Day on blu-ray/dvd(they're always editing them down to 90 minutes)

- (Maybe it's too late for that but) a +/- 45 minute documentary following them on this tour(in bonus, not like BIAB were it was show-doc-show-doc etc.)

- Another live album with different song from different venues(I'm pretty they're audio recording every show)

I'm pretty sure it won't happen because
1) Green Day shows have pretty much been the same since Awesome as Fuck(setlist wise)

2) A complete show wouldn't totally work because of Billie Joe fucking around too much(it is not a bad thing live, but on a dvd, it'd be weird for him to look for a kid playing the guitar for 3 minutes)

3) No one gives a shit about special features on dvd/blu rays anymore

4) We've already seen 90% of the actual setlists on a dvd  

16 minutes ago, willplaygame said:

That'd be great if there were shooting one in England this summer (some kind of Bullet in a Bible II). 

I'd like to see

- A complete show(start to finish), we've never seen a complete Green Day on blu-ray/dvd(they're always editing them down to 90 minutes)

- (Maybe it's too late for that but) a +/- 45 minute documentary following them on this tour(in bonus, not like BIAB were it was show-doc-show-doc etc.)

- Another live album with different song from different venues(I'm pretty they're audio recording every show)

I'm pretty sure it won't happen because
1) Green Day shows have pretty much been the same since Awesome as Fuck(setlist wise)

2) A complete show wouldn't totally work because of Billie Joe fucking around too much(it is not a bad thing live, but on a dvd, it'd be weird for him to look for a kid playing the guitar for 3 minutes)

3) No one gives a shit about special features on dvd/blu rays anymore

4) We've already seen 90% of the actual setlists on a dvd  

*Gasp* I love special features

The summer festivals usually get proshots. On the trilogy tour, we had proshots of Rock am Ring, PinkPop, Montreux Jazz Festival, and Reading Festival. Green Day's doing a bunch of other fests this summer, so I'm sure we'll get something

1 hour ago, Todd said:

The summer festivals usually get proshots. On the trilogy tour, we had proshots of Rock am Ring, PinkPop, Montreux Jazz Festival, and Reading Festival. Green Day's doing a bunch of other fests this summer, so I'm sure we'll get something

There was also Optimus Alive.

Well we've seen little bits of  the pro-shot (i guess) shows in the new spotify documentary and in the European tour trailer (or whatever that was). At least those bits looked like they were made with decent cameras. So I guess there's at least a little chance

19 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Unknown. I didn't notice a professional video recording of our recent show, but that doesn't mean they're not recoding other dates. I do know that they record pretty much everything live (all the shows, for example), in audio. I don't know about video. They take pictures and some video of soundcheck as well. What I would love to know (and never asked when I had the chance) was if/ when all these recordings will ever see the light of day. It would be great if they did what Phish and Pearl Jam do and release the live audio recordings to fans (for example, if you have a ticket to a show, at some later point you could buy the master copy of the audio for that evening). But they haven't done this yet and it would be surprising if they ever did.

I would love this.  I saw Bruce Springsteen and The Who last year, and they both had these recordings available a couple weeks after each show.  It is a nice keepsake to have.  

I wonder if their headline set at the British Summer Time festival on the 1st of July might be recorded?

Is this not almost the discussion as the thread about them recording a new live album?

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that they're playing 2 big festivals that always get Pro Shots of some kind (Pinkpop and the Download Festival), I'd imagine at least something is getting recorded.

Have they started the European tour though? Because dates for France and Spain are for June/July. Some of you above have said that their setlist is pretty much the same, but if I recall correctly during the 21st CB tour it wasn't until the second leg of the tour that they started mixing it up. I do hope that they'll record a new live DVD/CD, but I don't think so. The two times we got one were really high-success eras (AI and 21CB).

2 hours ago, DannyDirnt said:

Have they started the European tour though? Because dates for France and Spain are for June/July. Some of you above have said that their setlist is pretty much the same, but if I recall correctly during the 21st CB tour it wasn't until the second leg of the tour that they started mixing it up. I do hope that they'll record a new live DVD/CD, but I don't think so. The two times we got one were really high-success eras (AI and 21CB).

The Trilogy Tour had Pro-Shots of Summer Sonic 2012, The Reading Festival (2012 & 2013), Optimus Alive 2013, Rock AM Ring 2013, and Pinkpop 2013

The AAF and BIAB film was shot late into the touring cycle.  I think AAF was mid/ late 21CB tour and we all know when BIAB was shot. If they're going to shoot for this tour I agree with the other posters and we'll possibly see something at the festivals this summer but definitely know once they're back touring the US in August. And I certainly hope they do- this album and tour (not to mention us fans) certainly deserve it!

Archived