Green Day: The Early Years. (Spotify).

MaraGreenDay

6 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

You see it a lot in comments online and I had it said to me when waiting in line at gigs. It's not necessarily that people hate them but they seem to have serious issues with them wearing makeup...you know because it impedes on their ability to play music :lol: These people clearly have their own issues which is sad. I just hate when they argue up and down that Billie and Tre only started wearing makeup in 2004/2005 and that somehow indicates the influence of stylists because emo was hot at the time. They've worn makeup since they could open a makeup bag from what I've seen and nobody should give a fuck what anyone else does with their body/life imo. ;) I just hope the assholes watched because they may have to burn their copies of Kerplunk and 1039 Smooth now because the lipstick and eyeliner will have ruined the vocals, guitar and drums for sure just like on American Idiot :lol:

Someone really does have a problem with it? That's ridiculous. 

I know someone who is convinced Billie must be gay because of that :happyhands:

3 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I wouldn't want those asshole watching this new doc, because it make them,even more jealous ;)

I always thought that Billie is only one, in group wear Man-eyeliner but not rest of guys.

Tre rarely plays live or will make public appearances such as interviews without eyeliner. 

14 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I know someone who is convinced Billie must be gay because of that :happyhands:

Billie is bisexual but someone's sexuality isn't defined by what they wear either (clothing or makeup) or how they do their hair. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie is bisexual but someone's sexuality isn't defined by what they wear either (clothing or makeup) or how they do their hair. 

Say that to people who are like:

Guy with eyeliner - gay af 

Woman in a plaid shirt - lesbian!!!

Man says he's bisexual - gaaaaaaaaaay 

Woman says she's bisexual - "she haven't found the right guy yet!"

Silly logic is silly. I gave up trying to explain it to people who think that way. It just...never helped when I tried :mellow:

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Tell that to people who are like:

Silly logic is silly. 

Yeah...:ermm::ermm:

I don't meet those people... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Silly logic is silly. 

There's nothing "silly" about homophobia. It's repulsive. 

• Like 1

Has Billie every said anything about him being atracted to a guy though? I can't remember right know why we know he's bisexual, but I do not recall him every actually showing attraction towards a man.

That being said, I didn't know it was possible to watch videos on Spotify? I know I'm late to the party, but how can I watch this? And how long is it?

22 minutes ago, DannyDirnt said:

Has Billie every said anything about him being atracted to a guy though? I can't remember right know why we know he's bisexual, but I do not recall him every actually showing attraction towards a man.

That being said, I didn't know it was possible to watch videos on Spotify? I know I'm late to the party, but how can I watch this? And how long is it?

Not that it's any of our business anyway of course, but he has mentioned bisexuality and that it's a theme on Dookie. Also he doesn't have to show attraction to a man to 'prove' his bisexuality, and while we're at it, the fact he's married has no bearing on it either. 

Anyway, back on topic....just watched the second video. All that Tre love :wub: 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Not that it's any of our business anyway of course, but he has mentioned bisexuality and that it's a theme on Dookie. Also he doesn't have to show attraction to a man to 'prove' his bisexuality, and while we're at it, the fact he's married has no bearing on it either. 

Anyway, back on topic....just watched the second video. All that Tre love :wub: 

Well, yeah, I know it's not any of our business nor does he need to show attraction to a man to "prove" anything. I was just curious.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DannyDirnt said:

Well, yeah, I know it's not any of our business nor does he need to show attraction to a man to "prove" anything. I was just curious.

Here you go-

Armstrong has identified himself as bisexual, saying in a 1995 interview with The Advocate, "I think I've always been bisexual. I mean, it's something that I've always been interested in. I think people are born bisexual, and it's just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of 'Oh, I can't.' They say it's taboo. It's ingrained in our heads that it's bad, when it's not bad at all. It's a very beautiful thing."

9 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Here you go-

Armstrong has identified himself as bisexual, saying in a 1995 interview with The Advocate, "I think I've always been bisexual. I mean, it's something that I've always been interested in. I think people are born bisexual, and it's just that our parents and society kind of veer us off into this feeling of 'Oh, I can't.' They say it's taboo. It's ingrained in our heads that it's bad, when it's not bad at all. It's a very beautiful thing."

Okay, thanks a lot! :happy:

2 hours ago, DannyDirnt said:

I'm sure there's many examples out there but one that I saw recently was in a Fuse TV documentary which combined lots of different interview footage and it showed him reading a love letter fan mail written to him (American Idiot era) and Billie said it was his first fan love letter and looking at a photo of the fan he excitedly remarked "and he's cute too!". Anyway as pointed out above we know from many things Billie himself said over the years that he is bisexual so we don't need to know everything he's ever thought or done ;) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Say that to people who are like:

Silly logic is silly. I gave up trying to explain it to people who think that way. It just...never helped when I tried :mellow:

I don't know about other men but when Billie said he is bi: cheater or NO!!

59 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

Huh? Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. 

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I'm sure there's many examples out there but one that I saw recently was in a Fuse TV documentary which combined lots of different interview footage and it showed him reading a love letter fan mail written to him (American Idiot era) and Billie said it was his first fan love letter and looking at a photo of the fan he excitedly remarked "and he's cute too!". Anyway as pointed out above we know from many things Billie himself said over the years that he is bisexual so we don't need to know everything he's ever thought or done ;) 

I'm quite surprised Billie hasn't got his first fan love letter until the AI era :P

Anyway, looks like the Fuse documentary is worth watching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I think it's about time we stop discussing Billie's private life (which none of us really know about except what he choose to tell us) and get back on topic about the early years documentary ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Huh? Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. 

I'm quite surprised Billie hasn't got his first fan love letter until the AI era :P

Anyway, looks like the Fuse documentary is worth watching. 

People think Billie is cheater or he is cheating on his wife because he is Bisexual

10 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

People think Billie is cheater or he is cheating on his wife because he is Bisexual

Whoever thinks that must be dumb as Trump. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna leave this here :ermm:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0001940.html

Green Day’s star Billie Joe Armstrong has attacked fans who still take issue with comments he made about his sexuality 15 years ago, insisting he expects more from people who follow his group. The “American Idiot” singer has been married for 16 years, but it’s a forgotten 1994 interview that still causes online fights in Green Day fan chat rooms. 

Back then, the punk star said, “I think I’ve always been bisexual… It’s a beautiful thing.” He’s not sure he can still claim to be bisexual, but he tells gay magazine Out that shouldn’t be an issue for fans. He explains, “The fact that it is an issue is kind of phobic within itself. At some point… this should be something that’s just accepted.” 

“I don’t really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife. My wife Googled ‘Billie Joe Armstrong bisexual’ (and) she’s like, 'Yeah, there are about 20 pictures of you kissing different guys’.” 

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I'm gonna leave this here 

Well I hope she never googled "Billie Joe Armstrong wee-wee" or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Well I hope she never googled "Billie Joe Armstrong wee-wee" or something like that. 

I just did and found this beautiful manip instead :)

abaa47424413916f86c60ef3f257783a.jpg

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I just did and found this beautiful manip instead :)

You are incredibly brave. 

Also, nice manip. 

3 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie he's CUTE! :wub:

i love how he always remind anyone that he is Bi..(exp:from fan love letter mail thing) and from most of his songs and concert (kissing 20 guys a night)

38 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

You do realise that it's perfectly possible to cheat on your wife and be straight right? I'd wager that most men who cheat on wives are straight. I'd also wager that if people think Billie is a cheater it's because of the trilogy :P That whole fucking record was about cheating (only slightly exaggerating) :lol: Whatever Billie gets up to in his PRIVATE life may make for amusing lyrics but otherwise is none of our business. Importantly the gender of who he may or may not get up to it with is definitely not. Who cares. He's a musician, he's not a reality star. 

This topic is becoming a car crash in slow motion... 

37 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh God though... really Billie? There are children in far flung lands that have yet to be born that call bullshit on that :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I think it's about time we stop discussing Billie's private life (which none of us really know about except what he choose to tell us) and get back on topic about the early years documentary ;)

I like the sound of this

• Like 1

I do agree it's probably not the best thread for this discussion, but do have to mention one thing.  I see that "not classify" comment sometimes, but it usually is missing part of the quote-

"After almost 16 years of monogamous marriage to the same woman -- a minor rock n roll miracle itself -- he says he's not sure if he'd still call himself bisexual. But I'd never say that I'm not, he quickly adds. I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife. His wife doesn't seem particularly disrespected by Armstrong's tendency to grab whatever guy is closest during a show and kiss him, whether its a bandmate or one of the many fans they bring onstage to help sing and play. "My wife Googled Billie Joe Armstrong bisexual, he says, laughing at the completely predictable outcome. She's like, Yeah, there are about 20 pictures of you kissing different guys."

I sometimes see people try and use the "not classify" comment to prove that he's not bi, when that's actually not what he said.

• Like 1