Green Day: The Early Years. (Spotify).

MaraGreenDay

50 minutes ago, letsdanceon said:

Huh, now it's not showing up at all for me in the search anymore. Anyone else?

yes :(

• Like 1

Yay for another episode! Thursdays are going to be my favorites until April lol.

This one was a little less interesting just cause it was like...mostly info that we already knew but it was good.

On 3/25/2017 at 5:06 PM, RougeRogue said:

Even more so that the stuff about them, I really enjoyed the discussion about EB punk specifically. I especially liked that they said that East Bay had the "british" sound. This makes...so much fucking sense in terms of where my alternative, punk, rock, pop-punk, whatever interests lie. I'll take Rancid or AFI or Green Day or whoever over a whole lot of other punk bands and I couldn't really grasp why. The truth of the matter is that East Bay bred a whole different sound and mentality - one that aligns with my differences moreso than the other punk scenes.

Yeah, this is exactly how i feel. And part 1 was fucking awesome! Gives me a lota hope and excitement for the future.

FINALLY got it to work. It was sorta magical hearing them talk about how they just clicked immediately when Tre joined the band and how it was obvious they were on to something. I LOVE their story, it's like a rock'n'roll fairy tale :wub:

• Like 1

hmmm. so Billie said that they cranked out Kerplunk in one weekend, but I heard that it was recorded in 2 sessions that were months apart.

if i recall correctly, there were two separate sessions for kerplunk, but the first was scraped. larry wasnt into the quality of the first go 'round.

• Like 1

I am really liking this video series.  Nice to see a new documentary from the band.  Love the old pics.

Awesome, thanks for posting this.  Love to see them reflecting on the early days, they are so normal about it all.  

So cool to watch this. It's nice to see the big influence Tré had after joining the band. Sometimes I'm wondering what would have happened if John Kiffmeyer had stayed in the band and Tré had never happened. It's weird to even think about it. I love Tré :)

I think they were good with a John but Tre was the final piece slotting in and together they are dynamite!

I just watched both of the parts and loved it. 

That version of Christie Road, damn :wub: That whole segment actually... I really hope I can visit that place one day.

Can't wait to watch the Story of East Bay Punk documentary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caroline Truong said:

when is part 3 coming out?..

Next Thursday. 

18 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

So cool to watch this. It's nice to see the big influence Tré had after joining the band. Sometimes I'm wondering what would have happened if John Kiffmeyer had stayed in the band and Tré had never happened. It's weird to even think about it. I love Tré :)

It would be different band if John K had stayed but Billie wouldn't get that happen, if I got that from the new Doc..

Far as Billie/Mike concerned Tre is GREEN DAY!

I hope all the dicks who complain about how they hate that Billie and Tre started wearing makeup in the American Idiot era watch this. :lol::fuckyou:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

Who?hate them..😠

You see it a lot in comments online and I had it said to me when waiting in line at gigs. It's not necessarily that people hate them but they seem to have serious issues with them wearing makeup...you know because it impedes on their ability to play music :lol: These people clearly have their own issues which is sad. I just hate when they argue up and down that Billie and Tre only started wearing makeup in 2004/2005 and that somehow indicates the influence of stylists because emo was hot at the time. They've worn makeup since they could open a makeup bag from what I've seen and nobody should give a fuck what anyone else does with their body/life imo. ;) I just hope the assholes watched because they may have to burn their copies of Kerplunk and 1039 Smooth now because the lipstick and eyeliner will have ruined the vocals, guitar and drums for sure just like on American Idiot :lol:

• Like 3

I wouldn't want those asshole watching this new doc, because it make them,even more jealous ;)

I always thought that Billie is only one, in group wear Man-eyeliner but not rest of guys.

Beside it is not their problem if  some hater who doesn't understand.:fuckyou:

And Billie and Tre it make them even more prettier with make up them on. :wub: