Green Day: The Early Years. (Spotify).

MaraGreenDay

That was so nice, thanks for uploading! The acoustic version of Christie Road: :wub:

"He knew something was notably special about Green Day. And thought: This is gonna be big." That gave me goosebumps. Can't wait for the next part!

• Like 3

Even more so that the stuff about them, I really enjoyed the discussion about EB punk specifically. I especially liked that they said that East Bay had the "british" sound. This makes...so much fucking sense in terms of where my alternative, punk, rock, pop-punk, whatever interests lie. I'll take Rancid or AFI or Green Day or whoever over a whole lot of other punk bands and I couldn't really grasp why. The truth of the matter is that East Bay bred a whole different sound and mentality - one that aligns with my differences moreso than the other punk scenes.

I don't know, that whole analysis was awesome to hear from everyone. That, and the fact that it seems like people have grown up in the way they approach the exclusivity and authenticity of who is allowed or not. Even though they respect and acknowledge Tim Yohannan for his contributions, they were all equally like "But like...yeah, he was a little carried away with all that. He was kind of a dick"

• Like 3

Thanks for posting it here! I wanted to watch it and I don't have Spotify. It seems great! :happy:

Really enjoyed this! I'm guessing part two will focus on Lookout, 39/Smooth and the first tour, part three will focus on John leaving/Tre joining and the underground success of Kerplunk and part four will focus on the massive popularity of Dookie (at least I hope so!)  👍

51 minutes ago, Niënor said:

Anyone know how often these are coming out?  I'm anxious for the next episode. 

I read there are 4 chapters, so I guess this'll be for the next 3 weeks on Thursday. I'm not sure though :P 

On 24/03/2017 at 1:22 PM, Jean said:

How did you download it? I want to download the version with portuguese subtitles

50 minutes ago, Alf said:

How did you download it? I want to download the version with portuguese subtitles

You can use JDownloader or go to clipconverter.cc

• Like 1

On 24.03.2017 at 6:58 AM, DookieLukie said:

What song is Billie playing on acoustic at the beginning?

He played basket case, then switched to 2000lya

2 hours ago, Alf said:

I didn't download and upload it. Somebody else did and I just posted the link here.

• Like 1

I watched this two days ago and it makes me love and appreciate them as a band by a hundred more times. (and music in general of course) :happy:

❤❤❤❤

It took me a shit long time to get it to play (I think Spotify hates me) but omg it was awesome.  I love these.  This was the Tre appreciation episode.

38 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Oh my God, I loved it! And I need all those pictures!!! :runaround:

I love the ones with Billie on Tre's shoulders.

• Like 1

Chapter two is showing up for me, but I keep getting an error message 😑 I didn't have any issues watching chapter one

2 minutes ago, Niënor said:

❤❤❤❤

It took me a shit long time to get it to play (I think Spotify hates me) but omg it was awesome.  I love these.  This was the Tre appreciation episode.

I love the ones with Billie on Tre's shoulders.

Haha the lipstick, I love those too! And the other one where Tré is wearing lipstick and a wig :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, letsdanceon said:

Chapter two is showing up for me, but I keep getting an error message 😑 I didn't have any issues watching chapter one

That's what was happening for me.  I don't know what I did to get it to work.  But now I can't play it again.  😨

• Like 1