Green Day: The Early Years. (Spotify).

MaraGreenDay

5 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

The "interview" with Ed was about 5 seconds long. Less about how they influenced him and more about how much of a rebel Billie was by swearing. Maybe that seemed cool to Ed when he was a kid, a guy swearing about the Pope... my daddy won't like that. Including that in the documentary was almost embarrassing. To be fair it came off more like Ed Sheeran mentioned us, we must include it because he's really, really huge right now!! 

I don't think it was intended to sound like that, but now you mention it, it kinda does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I think that, in the first 3 parts, they only covered up to Dookie because, like the title says, it's only supposed to be the early years, and then the only purpose of the 4th part was to show how far they've come as a band and to show that they're still huge and they're still enjoying what they are doing. The 4th part just seemed kinda like a summary or something.

Yeah but like I said there's no need to summarise where they are now or how they're enjoying their current tour or any of that stuff in a documentary about the early years. It just veers completely off the point. I hate documentaries that do that. It's like claiming to be about something but feeling that it won't be good enough by itself or it won't keep fan interest so changing direction to try to keep everyone a little bit happy. Unnecessary. 

3 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Yeah but like I said there's no need to summarise where they are now or how they're enjoying their current tour or any of that stuff in a documentary about the early years. It just veers completely off the point. I hate documentaries that do that. It's like claiming to be about something but feeling that it won't be good enough by itself or it won't keep fan interest so changing direction to try to keep everyone a little bit happy. Unnecessary. 

I agree. It was interesting, but irrelevant.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

The "interview" with Ed was about 5 seconds long. Less about how they influenced him and more about how much of a rebel Billie was by swearing. Maybe that seemed cool to Ed when he was a kid, a guy swearing about the Pope... my daddy won't like that. Including that in the documentary was almost embarrassing. To be fair it came off more like Ed Sheeran mentioned us, we must include it because he's really, really huge right now!! 

Right!! What a great idea because what could make a documentary about the early years even less relevant to the point than even more interviews and footage about RevRad.

I also thought that from interviews of Ed S, it was pointless have mention Billie's rebell or swearing..it seem like he is making Billie look bad..or him to look good but it wasn't the case right? Sorry! I am confused by that interview..

anyways..sorry I spelled RevRad wrong

I saw the Ed Sheeran thing as "well, we already have him in for an interview, let's ask him if he has anything to say about the band we're making a mini series on while he's here." :lol: 

I just started watching this and still have the last part to go, but I enjoy it so far. I like how the first three parts actually have photos and clips I've never seen before. I also feel like not enough docs or books really focus on their early years too much. As for any new info? Meh, not really, but it's entertaining. 

I love the quote from Mike about BJA going naked at Madison Square Garden: "My boy's naked. Guess it's party time." :lol:

• Like 2

Just finished watching ep 3 & 4. The last episode definitely captured why I've always loved them as a band. Can't think of where I'd be now if I hadn't got American idiot 12 years ago - sounds a little dramatic lol but its true.

Definitely a great little series! I just didn't like the fact they randomly shoehorned Ed Sheeran in though?? Like i get that right now he's incredibly popular and very current. To me he came across as being weirdly arrogant about the fact he witnessed Billie saying 'fuck the pope'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Giusey said:

Can I still watch it on Spotify if I'm not paying premium

You can find them all on you tube.  Enjoy!

I can't be bothered reading through ten pages, does anybody from Australia know how to watch this?

Thanks a bunch.

24 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

I can't be bothered reading through ten pages, does anybody from Australia know how to watch this?

Thanks a bunch.

search it on youtube

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Josh100_3 said:

Thanks a bunch.

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 8:45 PM, lizziebix said:

You can find them all on you tube.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Ok, I don't know why nobody's posting it, but there's a video of All Time Low playing Longview or talking about it or something, I can't watch it in my country and it's not on youtube. It's been posted on April 14 and nobody seems to notice!

TCqqx_6oi1w.jpg

12 minutes ago, kripack said:

Ok, I don't know why nobody's posting it, but there's a video of All Time Low playing Longview or talking about it or something, I can't watch it in my country and it's not on youtube. It's been posted on April 14 and nobody seems to notice!

I can't watch it in my country either. I think it's a cover of Longview though.

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Well, if it's the same as audio version they shared, it's quiet good, I would love to see the video. Hope someone uploads it to youtube

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Yeah, i just listened to it it's pretty good. The only thing is every time someone covers green day, they make it much more, i don't know - musical or something, like if the original was on one pitch, the coverer flutters up and down the scale. I'd appreciate it if just once someone did not do this.

• Like 1

I think these covers demonstrate very clearly the difference between pop-punk and Green Day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desertrose said:

I really enjoyed the coming clean cover pierce the veil did. 

but didn't care for all time low's long view.

On 4/16/2017 at 4:23 PM, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

On 4/16/2017 at 4:24 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I agree. It was interesting, but irrelevant.

Except for marketing purposes, which perhaps we've forgotten.

Skipping over AI and landing right into the RR tour CURRENTLY running was absolutely a promotional ploy. It was marketing masked as an end to a documentary. But whatevs, I enjoyed the series as a whole.

On 4/17/2017 at 6:56 PM, Stefano Bras said:

Taking Back Sunday's cover of She is fucking hideous 

What...were you expecting? :really:

15 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

I really enjoyed the coming clean cover pierce the veil did. 

but didn't care for all time low's long view.

NO!!!!stop doing some cover of most personal song ever for Billie. :mad: