Most of the torrents on GDTorrent are dead

Yosuke Hanamura

I apologize if I sound ignorant since I have very limited knowledge of torrenting. With that being being said, am I missing something here? Why is it that a vast majority of the torrents on GDTorrent are down? No 39/Smooth - Nimrod tour torrents, only one Warning torrent, one American Idiot torrent, and the rest are all RevRad. What happened here? Why is a majority of GDTorrent dead?

1 hour ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

I apologize if I sound ignorant since I have very limited knowledge of torrenting. With that being being said, am I missing something here? Why is it that a vast majority of the torrents on GDTorrent are down? No 39/Smooth - Nimrod tour torrents, only one Warning torrent, one American Idiot torrent, and the rest are all RevRad. What happened here? Why is a majority of GDTorrent dead?

Two reasons: Because most everyone who uses GDT already has a lot of those shows. Our download section here used to be a huge mess, there wasn't any organization, no comprehensive list of what shows have recordings or anything like that. Once @Liam put our download section together, it became the go-to place for downloads because everything's more organized. 

3 hours ago, Todd said:

Two reasons: Because most everyone who uses GDT already has a lot of those shows. Our download section here used to be a huge mess, there wasn't any organization, no comprehensive list of what shows have recordings or anything like that. Once @Liam put our download section together, it became the go-to place for downloads because everything's more organized. 

Thanks for help, Todd. You really helped clear that up.

I must add that most of the users that used or downloaded the shows from there don't show around anymore. Even the admins have left. Is a matter of time that the site dies. I have a lot of these shows too, even uploading some uncirculated shows there, but time, the people who grab and doesn't even shout a thanks and the lack of interest in taping or making cammixes wears you down. At least that happened to me. 

I love to share stuff, but I have 2 carpets with over 300 discs each and finding stuff is hard when you are a lazy guy who doesn't mark the dvds properly :lol: Some day I'll get some external harddrive, organize all the stuff, and start seeding again. But that day is not near yet. Cheers!

If someone has the Fox Theatre 2009 Recording, can they either seed it on GDTorrent or upload it here, please? 

@greendepent Do you happen to have that recording, I'm desperately trying to find a decent quality full length upload, and the only places that have is GDTorrent or GDC, but in both cases, I can't download it. 

35 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

If someone has the Fox Theatre 2009 Recording, can they either seed it on GDTorrent or upload it here, please? 

@greendepent Do you happen to have that recording, I'm desperately trying to find a decent quality full length upload, and the only places that have is GDTorrent or GDC, but in both cases, I can't download it. 

Actually, I so happen to have bought the DVD a while back. If you'd like, I can make files from that.

Archived