Sound mixing for live performances

AimieeSmith

I watched the Iheart Radio 2016 performance last night and one thing i noticed straight away,  was the amazing sound of Mike's bass on every song . It was like on the same level and sometimes sounded louder than Billie's guitar .

But on all other performances on Youtube you can never hear the bass  when the guitars are playing . It's like it's not even plugged into the amp haha 

Could someone who know's about this please explain or even if i am imagining this :lol:

Thanks.....

Phone/Camera mics aren't built for live shows or music in general. They favor the mid frecuencies where human voice is. Usually they cut the low frecuencies because they are more prone to distort.

Also, the amounts of loudness in a live show are quite high, so is easier to catch some sounds that usually you don't get in other contexts. In other words, if you hear louder sounds, easier you hear things that you aren't used to.

Cheers :)

22 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Phone/Camera mics aren't built for live shows or music in general. They favor the mid frecuencies where human voice is. Usually they cut the low frecuencies because they are more prone to distort.

Also, the amounts of loudness in a live show are quite high, so is easier to catch some sounds that usually you don't get in other contexts. In other words, if you hear louder sounds, easier you hear things that you aren't used to.

Cheers :)

Thanks's just wondered :)

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

You mean fan shot performances? 

Yeah fan performance thanks :)

14 hours ago, AimieeSmith said:

But on all other performances on Youtube you can never hear the bass  when the guitars are playing . It's like it's not even plugged into the amp haha 

Well, that has to do with the leveling on the mixing board because it's direct audio. One example would be the awesome performance streamed over Sirius XM. That was a soundboard recording where there's an individual microphone attached to each track (or multiple with the drums). This could be heard on the multicam Bang Bang and Revolution Radio performances that I made and you stole. Remember those by chance? I tried talking to you about it to make a simple agreement and offered to help you make your own and explain tthings like this. My comments were deleted and messages were ignored. The copyright retractions claiming that you made those yourself gave me a warning on youtube. Those multicam videos took several hours each to make but it's too bad that everyone complimented you for simply downloading my videos and turning them black and white. Same thing happened to my friends so I'm not the only one who's angry about that.

Sorry, going a little off topic thought I'd give you some insight :) I figured if you really "made and edited" those videos, you would know a little bit the audio used.

Archived