Green Day Muppet Puppets

21guns&novacaine

I'm sure by now everyone has seen them. Those adorable little Green Day puppets the band has been filming clips with since they got them. Want one of your own? As it turns out, the original artist is making them to order on Etsy for 500$, and they're pretty high tech, with moveable eyebrows and all that. (I'm not puppet savvy, but it's still cool :P

Be sure to check em out here: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/504989482/advanced-custom-puppet-professional

I dunno if this was important enough to constitute a thread of it's own, but I suppose if people want to talk about the muppet clips they've posted and whatnot here, too, then go for it. :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if those puppets will play a role in the upcoming music video. I mean, they fooled around with the masks, too, and the masks were in Bang Bang.

Wow, 500$, I certainly won't order one, I've always been afraid of those puppets. Must be some kind of infantile trauma :lol:

I think these muppets are absolutely adorable.  They are not $500 adorable, but still adorable.

2 hours ago, blueshadows said:

Yes these are indeed adorable. I would probably splurge $100 for one but certainly not $500.

They are certainly more adorable than the masks. Those were horrifying! 

Awww! I wish I could get one. But there's no way I'm paying $500 for a puppet that'll just hang out on my couch and then scare me in the middle of the night.

1 hour ago, AmyxLongview said:

It lists fur as one of the materials used to make them... Gross!

Surely that wouldn't be necessary? Seeing as it's not the most formal list ("Materials: fur, fleece, metal, plastic, wood, love, whatever it takes") maybe it's possible they mean faux fur/random furry materials? I've just sent them a message asking lol

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Surely that wouldn't be necessary? Seeing as it's not the most formal list ("Materials: fur, fleece, metal, plastic, wood, love, whatever it takes") maybe it's possible they mean faux fur/random furry materials? I've just sent them a message asking lol

True, it's not very specific so hopefully it's faux!

1 minute ago, AmyxLongview said:

True, it's not very specific so hopefully it's faux!

They answered immediately! They said "...we would never use real fur and I'm not sure any puppet maker would .. We use what they call Mongolian fur dyed in different colors and short synthetic fur...". So that's good. I told them they might want to change "fur" in their description.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

They answered immediately! They said "...we would never use real fur and I'm not sure any puppet maker would .. We use what they call Mongolian fur dyed in different colors and short synthetic fur...". So that's good. I told them they might want to change "fur" in their description.

Oh good! Yeah they definitely need to change that in the description because that's kind of an important detail :P I'm glad you asked!

I LOVE those puppets but that is way too expensive, I would never pay that kind of money for something like that :P 

I really hope the guys keep making videos and pictures with them. 

i read this thread as green day & meat puppets, and got real excited for about 5 sceonds,...  :lol:

We are over the moon with how much joy our Green Day puppets have brought to everyone!  We had a blast designing and building them and were like little kids watching the response from everyone :).

Our puppets are available in a range of prices-we try to work within everyone's budget in order to get them the puppet they want .

Each and every puppet is HAND made from scratch in the US and can take anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks to create.   Our most popular variety are the portrait puppets, made and designed to look like friends, family, Green Day....  We can make anything from your imagination and provide design services (inclusive) to help make it real.

We hope to hear from you!

P.S.  No Humans or animals are harmed in the making of our puppets!  

56 minutes ago, mycustompuppet said:

We are over the moon with how much joy our Green Day puppets have brought to everyone!  We had a blast designing and building them and were like little kids watching the response from everyone :).

Our puppets are available in a range of prices-we try to work within everyone's budget in order to get them the puppet they want .

Each and every puppet is HAND made from scratch in the US and can take anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks to create.   Our most popular variety are the portrait puppets, made and designed to look like friends, family, Green Day....  We can make anything from your imagination and provide design services (inclusive) to help make it real.

You have no idea how much I love you for giving those puppets to Green Day!! 

tumblr_mot6qiuIrX1sqpjgto1_400.gif

Puppet Tré is getting pumped for the show :lol: 

There should be a Green Day Muppet Pals kind of like the Harry Potter Puppet Pals show!

On 3/20/2017 at 5:36 PM, mycustompuppet said:

I freakin LOVE these puppets! Billie is having too much fun making these silly videos and the conversations he has with Jeff are the best! A sincere thank you to mycustompuppet. Well done!

22 hours ago, LisaBJA said:

wait....you can buy one?

Yup.  See below.  :)

On 3/20/2017 at 4:36 PM, mycustompuppet said:

I...I want to go to a concert...for the Green Day Muppet Band.

I really do.

1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

Yup.  See below.  :)

wow that is pretty cool^^

Archived