Green Day on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 21/03/17.

MaraGreenDay

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they played 4 songs, my guess would be 2-3 new songs (Prob BB, SB and the next single which is probably RR) and 1 of their hits, probably American Idiot or something

I could be totally wrong on this but I don't think they'll do SB. That song is just too risky for Billie. It's fine in a concert setting when everyone is singing along, but on a recording for TV I think he knows it's not going to sound great (i.e. Ellen). Plus they don't need to promote that song anymore.

My guess- old- American Idiot and Basketcase; new-Bang Bang and Revolution Radio.

43 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

In a newer comment she says they played two new songs and 2 old songs.

Those fuckers. :lol: I was hoping for four new songs.

her comments

aurorafernandez4363Great,   how many songs did they play?

100yul@aurorafernandez4363   they played 4 songs because it was a special recording. They are off next week so this recording will air as 2 episodes on Monday and on Tuesday

aurorafernandez4363   Great, were interviewed?

100yul@aurorafernandez4363 😂😂   no no was just a guest

garry_cummins   You got to see Green Day perform 4 new songs or did they play any older songs?

100yul@garry_cummins   they played 2 old songs and 2 new songs from their new album

1 hour ago, stories and songs said:

Those fuckers. :lol: I was hoping for four new songs.

They have to put in old songs to make the crowd and the TV audience happy. For the casual fan, 4 songs from the new album would be boring. 

I think they definitely played American Idiot, it fits the climate so well :P Especially since Trump is basically the only thing Stephen talks about in his monologues. This is the perfect kind of audience for this song, too. :) The other old song might be Know Your Enemy, would be my guess, or Holiday.

100yul@maiconcassior well, I remember for a fact they played Time of your life, Still breathing and Revolution Radio. There was another song I can't remember now but it was new and I really liked it. Watch monday and Tuesday show, they will show tbem

Hang on, could this be maybe one of the new songs that they haven't played live, such as:

-Say Goodbye

-Outlaws

-Bouncing of the Wall (slim chance, but if they did play that then I'll eat my non-existent hat)

-Too dumb to Die

or: Troubled Times, which they have played live, but a proper pro-shot video would also be nice, although I personally think it's not that great live...

I very much doubt it, presumably it's Still Breathing, Ordinary World or Youngblood (sigh)

4 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

or: Troubled Times, which they have played live, but a proper pro-shot video would also be nice, although I personally think it's not that great live...

Troubled Times would be fitting, but I'm guessing they wouldn't do that? (Also, kind of hoping, it's not really one of my favorites) So would Say Goodbye.

I'm hoping for Bouncing Off The Wall, too, that song is simply amazing

Hey wait...... she said "new song" she "can't remember"..... what if it's indeed a new song.:shifty:

52 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Hey wait...... she said "new song" she "can't remember"..... what if it's indeed a new song.:shifty:

Ooh, that's even more daring than suggesting that they might play a song that they haven't played live yet.

I kind of think we will be dissapointed, the 4th song is probably just going to be YB, FN, Somewhere Now, Ordinary World, heck, maybe even Bang Bang.

By the way, according to this inside information it would be 3 new songs and 1 old song, but we heard it would be 2 new songs and 2 old songs, maybe it wasn't a new song after all...

As long as Billie changed from the cardigan and mismatched socks he seems to be wearing in the IG pics of them arriving/leaving the filming!!  That man lol 😂 

3 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Jesus, what a dork XD

Thanks for the find! 

Edit: Just saw the new ones. Well isn't Mike is looking bright right there. Such contrast to the gloom/darkness in the sky.

Edit#2: Just saw Tre's picture. Oh god, they are all dorks .

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

Are BJs socks mis-matched😆

They are beautiful!

That first pic of Billie waving is the stupidest and cutest thing.

What is BJ like, within 24 hours we have a rock god commanding a crowd, a major rock star recording a tv show, a guy playing with puppets and then flashing out the window.  I can't keep up!

Is it just me or Green Day don't appear so much on TV.

With RevRad I was expecting plenty of TV appearances but out of 2-3 shows we got nothing to eat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived