Green Day on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 21/03/17.

MaraGreenDay

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like the Late show is showing repeats, because of the NCAA basketball tournaments this week.  Maybe next week they will show it?

They had to catch them today since they're in NYC and don't have a show. Hopefully it will air right after the tournament is over.

56 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Well, I'm probably exaggerating here, but Green Day is the kind of band that I'd expect to sell out basically every place they go to (as far as I know, they did in Europe though), but apparently, at the BOK center there were around 2000 people that either didn't turn up to the show, or the tickets were all picked up by some of the illegal resellers, I don't know, anyway, attendance was 9,157 of 11,604... 

Either way, promotion is good. 

I find the lack of promotion for this tour truly unbelievable. Why the hell didn't they advertise their tour on YouTube like they did last time, I mean, they've now got 1.8 million subscribers there now, so why not use all free platforms to advertise the tour? I also think uploading a video of a song performed live at one of their gigs would also be a great idea. 

If you're getting you ticket sales info from Billboard, which it probably is even if it cane from a different website, they are a bunch of fucking idiots. I went to a Rush show that was sold out a few years ago. Not shitting you. The security, the box office and whatever not was saying the show was sold out. Billboard said that there was still like 500 tickets left or something like that. If you were to look at the pictures I took every single seat in the arena was filled. I've been to shows before that had tons of open seats and then billboard said that they were sold out. I don't know who the hell is running that shit show, but it is a mess. 

38 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

In regards to what @Mar stated, here is a site I like to use to see what the guests for a show are over the next few days:

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

Can't tell as far as next week for Colbert, but will be on the look out.

That's my go-to site as well! :lol: Since neither they nor LSSC's website/social media pages said anything about guests for next week and my DVR said repeats (and I have "Green Day" set as an alert, too), I was like, yeah, OK, not happening this week, even Friday! 

Hey, another reason I hate sports :lol: 

Goddamn basketball.

Anyway, they had better not play Bang Bang. ANYTHING, but Bang Bang :lol:

Personally I'm hoping for Troubled Times :toocool:

Excellent!

3 hours ago, Mar said:

But still, my loves colliding :ga: never forget:

Still the greatest thing ever :lol: 

:dance: Can't wait to see this!  I love Colbert.  He's smart, funny and when he talks Tolkien it's sexy!  Lol.

I hope he gets to talk to the guys.

This is being taped today, however it will be broadcast on Tuesday, March 21st.

This makes me think of when Green Day was on the Colbert Report and when they performed "American Idiot" they included a part of Colbert's made up America song :lol: 

Why is GDA reporting that it's airing tonight? They need to correct this or there are going to be a lot of upset people who stayed up until 12:30 for nothing.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

Why is GDA reporting that it's airing tonight? They need to correct this or there are going to be a lot of upset people who stayed up until 12:30 for nothing.

Apparently GDA mistook "taping" for "airing".

38 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Yeah, my mistake :(

58 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Yeah, my mistake :(

In their defense, GDA posted it when there was still very little known about it.

• lizziebix changed the title to Green Day on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 21/03/17.

Well on the 21st it says Colbert will be interviewing three other people so the likelihood of them interviewing green day as well seems pretty slim. Shame, Colbert and green day are two of my favorite things I would love to see him interview them.

In this girls comments she said they played 4 songs and it was a special recording.  They were not interviewed.  She said they will air this as 2 parts next Monday and Tuesday.

1 hour ago, desertrose said:

Green Day splashed over the walls and ceiling of the Ed Sullivan theatre may be one of the more awesome things i've seen today:D

3 hours ago, desertrose said:
In this girls comments she said they played 4 songs and it was a special recording.  They were not interviewed.  She said they will air this as 2 parts next Monday and Tuesday.

Whoa that's awesome! :runaround:

11 hours ago, desertrose said:

Four songs, all aired?!  This is better than I would ever have hoped for!  Hope the song choices are good, guessing Bang Bang and Still Breathing will be in there somewhere, interested to see what else they choose.

Is it confirmed for 2 dates - March 20th and 21st?  I can change the title if so.

Thanks.

Archived