Green Day on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 21/03/17.

MaraGreenDay

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will this be broadcasted in UTC/GMT time (I suppose in the middle of the night) and could somebody record it or is it going to be uploaded to the late show's YouTube channel anyway?

YES!!!!!!!!! I was waiting for this :D

But they won't talk right, just play music?

Finally some more promotion, with some of the U.S concerts apparently selling quite badly (have a look at the promotion thread), Green Day is in dire need of more promotion like this. 

1 minute ago, MilleniumFan said:

with some of the U.S concerts selling quite badly

really?:ermm: that's news to me. have they really been selling badly?

Don't think they're selling quite as badly as we think.

And holy crap, that's amazing. Will be glad to see them on TV again. I quite like Colbert.
Anyone on here attending?

Do performances on this show usually go up on YouTube? 

Also, didn't Letterman host this before?  I wonder if Tré has any antics in store for us...

11 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

My Brooklyn show was packed last night. I doubt they'd continue adding tour dates like they have if sales were poor. But regardless, promotion is good!

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

Also, didn't Letterman host this before?  I wonder if Tré has any antics in store for us...

I follow the show and always watch clips on YouTube, they do usually put the performances on there! Wonder what song they're going to play...

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

Yes , on both accounts.

Just now, Second favourite son said:

The Shins were there on Monday and the performance is on YouTube.

I'm a little confused about this though because the CBS website says nothing about Green Day. The shins were listed as guests for Monday, Green Day are not. Maybe it's spontaneous?

18 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Well, I'm probably exaggerating here, but Green Day is the kind of band that I'd expect to sell out basically every place they go to (as far as I know, they did in Europe though), but apparently, at the BOK center there were around 2000 people that either didn't turn up to the show, or the tickets were all picked up by some of the illegal resellers, I don't know, anyway, attendance was 9,157 of 11,604... 

Either way, promotion is good. 

I find the lack of promotion for this tour truly unbelievable. Why the hell didn't they advertise their tour on YouTube like they did last time, I mean, they've now got 1.8 million subscribers there now, so why not use all free platforms to advertise the tour? I also think uploading a video of a song performed live at one of their gigs would also be a great idea. 

I agree that they badly need promotion but I don't agree that the tour is selling badly. Tulsa, OK is certainly not a bellwether of Green Day show attendance.

And Colbert is the BEST

^This. Certain markets are not quite like the others. When looking at the cities for this tour, it seems they took a chance on some one the locations, with some of said locations not being in a major city (be it because they wanted to, or there was a contract in place that had to do with the club tour, I don't know). 
I mean, there was a video announcing the tour, it just wasn't promoted all that much (don't believe it was on YouTube either).

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand-I would understand if they perform one of the singles from the album but at the same time, I do want them to perform one that hasn't necessarily been released as a single yet/hasn't been performed live yet or much. If anything, having one of those performed on Colbert tonight could mean there is more hope for said song to appear on the setlist from here on out.

Soooo...I'm meeting someone for lunch in Harlem/CUNY and then have a few hours to kill before I head out to the airport. Does the taping start at 2:30? Is there any worth in being in the area around that time to see them leave or anything?

Well if they are allowed to play two songs, I'd choose: 

-Bang Bang 

-Bouncing of the wall 

Just now, MilleniumFan said:

Well if they are allowed to play two songs, I'd choose: 

-Bang Bang 

-Bouncing of the wall 

Although that would be an awesome setlist, I think they're only allowed to play one song... or at least only one song that will be aired on TV

I think they'll play Revolution Radio since that will soon be released as a single.

Also they are often allowed to play twice on these shows. The other song is anyone's guess.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

I think they'll play Revolution Radio since that will soon be released as a single.

I was just about to say that :P It would make sense, Billie teased the music video a few months ago after all.

13 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

Soooo...I'm meeting someone for lunch in Harlem/CUNY and then have a few hours to kill before I head out to the airport. Does the taping start at 2:30? Is there any worth in being in the area around that time to see them leave or anything?

I believe Green Day is performing during the 6PM taping-that's what the screenshot of the website has it under.

Just now, kaylubd said:

*HEAVY BREATHING*

Well, as long as you're Still Breathing.

2 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

I believe Green Day is performing during the 6PM taping-that's what the screenshot of the website has it under.

Well, as long as you're Still Breathing.

:lol: Well played ;)

I wonder when this is gonna air.

CBS is showing NCAA basketball all night, until midnight, and the episode schedule to air ~12:35 (normally James Corden's start time) is a rerun of the 2/21 show (Joe Scarborough, et. al.), as is Friday's episode (also on a delay due to the games). Stephen always tapes his Friday shows on Thursday, but that doesn't appear to be the case this week. I can't find confirmation on the Internet, but my cable's guide/DVR list all of next week as repeats, too, due to the games. So I supposed we'll have to wait and see!

But still, my loves colliding :ga: never forget:

4 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Oh shit you're right...sorry, I wasn't reading it correctly. Ah well, I have to be at the airport by 5 lol.

• lizziebix changed the title to Green Day on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 21/03/17.

Archived