Green Day on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 21/03/17.

MaraGreenDay

Omg this is starting a whole new segment, I love it :lol:

Idk how many people know that Stephen can actually sing. He's been on Broadway and such. So it's cool to see him bring it to his show.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they ever done a full band version of Good Riddance or was this the first time? 

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Oh this is great, thanks so much for sharing.  I love how much fun they are having, love all the recordings and would have liked more of both versions of Good Riddance.  The campdown races version is hilarious, love the harmonies, they all look so serious and it works so well.  Billie's voice over is great, I wonder if we could get him to record some talking books, that would be a lovely way to go to sleep at night!  Almost love his speaking voice as much as his singing one.

i agree about Billie's doing voice over doing some books, and animation movie and everything.

Forever now live from show is Fear less.

I love that video :wub: thank you for sharing. I'm so glad these dorks are my favourite band.

4 hours ago, Schlappy said:

Billie: HEEEYYY OOOOHH!

Audience: *silence*

Better still was when they clapped because they thought Forever Now was finished......

This is why they're my favourite band and will ALWAYS be my favourite band.
I loved that so much!

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

Better still was when they clapped because they thought Forever Now was finished......

Hahaha right, true! That's alright, they don't know

Love the ending .."let's go get sand wish" after emotional heartfelt-song-O.World

You gotta Love Billie!:wub:

Tre shoves a baguette down his pants

Billie- lets get a sandwich 

:lol:

Green "Do Da Do DA" day!" :dance:

I  really don't understand that part,where Billie said those letter "GDEGED" or something like that..from the Late Show Bonus..do guys know..that he means

10 minutes ago, Caroline Truong said:

Green "Do Da Do DA" day!" :dance:

I  really don't understand that part,where Billie said those letter "GDEGED" or something like that..from the Late Show Bonus..do guys know..that he means

is a chord progression from good riddance, since the band don't usually play it he was teaching Mike

Why Mike doesn't the word to the song..:dry:

love Tre gave high five to Bille at end of O.World when he went backstage..👏

I'm really late to the party, but I just managed to watch this yesterday and re-watched it now and I realized once more how much I LOVE Forever Now. It's such a beautiful, emotional, personal song - perfect in any way. Can't wait to hear it live again in the summer.

And we need the full-band-version of Good Riddance, OMG, it sounds so great. I've never been the biggest fan of Good Riddance, it's just not one of my faves, but this version is stunning.

Anyways, great that this was released, it would have been such a waste not to show the bonus tracks and our boys goofing around. I love them:D

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

I'm really late to the party, but I just managed to watch this yesterday and re-watched it now and I realized once more how much I LOVE Forever Now. It's such a beautiful, emotional, personal song - perfect in any way. Can't wait to hear it live again in the summer.

I think  it's one of the best Billie has ever written.   

6 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

I can't agree enough about Forever Now. It's beautifully written, it doesn't feel like it's nearly 7 minuites long, it's one coherent piece of music, and that riff after I want a better way to die is epic. Forever Now is so good, I can forgive GD for scaring the shite out of me at Leeds with those loud explosions at the end of the song (and I was on the top floor :lol:). 

I was presently surprised when I saw that they had played it on the Late Show. And the 4 songs that the picked for the Late Show are quite different songs. 

7 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

And we need the full-band-version of Good Riddance, OMG, it sounds so great. I've never been the biggest fan of Good Riddance, it's just not one of my faves, but this version is stunning.

Anyways, great that this was released, it would have been such a waste not to show the bonus tracks and our boys goofing around. I love them:D

Omg, I was thinking same thing about the Song G.R. It is  not my fave song either maybe because it play to many damn time!

It played on my  -H.S Graduation, Collage life and now.

But true meaning of song..it is not what seem it is about Billie's ex-girlfriend dumping him.

• 7 months later...

Split second of their performance in Colbert's year in review at 3:04.

Now they just need to go on to do Back in the USA for God.

Damn, this update freaked me out. I saw the thread and thought it was a new appearance scheduled. 

Archived