I got my custom license plate today!

Jon Benjamin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, it's so cool..idk if in Italy I could do the same :lol:

i'd totally pay for that here if it wasn't such a rip off.

That looks so kickass! I wish I could move to the US, just to get a licence plate like this... and I don't even have a car.

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

That looks so kickass! I wish I could move to the US, just to get a licence plate like this... and I don't even have a car.

You don't have custom licence plates at all?

It's been officialy possible to get one here since a couple years ago because so many people would bribe the office that gives them out  :lol: 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

You don't have custom licence plates at all?

It's been officialy possible to get one here since a couple years ago because so many people would bribe the office that gives them out  :lol: 

I have never seen custom licence plates in Germany in my entire life :D 

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

Not even "accidental" ones like A1 111? :P

Having such a licence plate has been - still is - a certain status symbol. (Because it means you either have "powerful" friends or money.) You can typically spot it on an expensive BMW or Audi and they're very likely to be speeding. It screams "douche".

41 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Not even "accidental" ones like A1 111? :P

Well, you can have funny licence plates like this

s-ex-kennzeichen-lets-go-deeper-kennzeic

But your options are very limited, because the first letter is always the label of the city or district you live in, then you have to choose two other letters (most go for their initials) and 2 to 4 numbers. So I could never have something like "revrad", I think :P Maybe it is possible, but I have never seen anyone do it, not even rich people. The most custom plate I have ever seen is "0 - 1", but that's our president's car 

First time in my life I ever saw the point of a personalised or customised number plate, shame can't get them like that in U.K.  Cool.

9 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

It's harder to get them in Germany because it's too hard to fit words like Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz on there.

4 hours ago, crock6000 said:

License plates in Europe, or in England are crazy like. I remember my friend saying that he had some that were passed down from generations, is this true?

Well, you can have them but you can't use them on a different car, at least not here. You have to get new licence plates every time you get a new car. If the car has also been passed down from generations it would work tho :P 

15 hours ago, Spike said:

It's harder to get them in Germany because it's too hard to fit words like Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz on there.

Go on, tell us what this means, it looks wonderful

7 hours ago, jengd said:

Go on, tell us what this means, it looks wonderful

"Law delegating beef label monitoring."

that is awesome! :wub:  here in Australia they cost an absolute fortune. If I had some $$$ I would so get some.

Archived