Fuzz

"On the Road" forum will be readable by Guests starting on March 8th

DeJennsitized

To be honest I don't think I even knew guests weren't allowed to see that subforum, lol. Though I'd have thought not being able to see it without joining would...make them want to join?

I am all for including everyone though, some people just like to lurk I guess. And it does make sense to make it visible to everyone when everyone sees the link on Facebook/Twitter.

• Thanks 1

Second favourite son
2 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Also just out of curiosity, new members with only a few posts will be able to read and write?

I believe they're able to see and post in all 'On The Road' threads currently and will continue to be able to do so afterwards.

Hermione
2 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I believe they're able to see and post in all 'On The Road' threads currently and will continue to be able to do so afterwards.

Yeah anyone with an account was already able to read and post there. 

As it was all someone who clicked a link to the thread had to do to read it was sign up anyway, it's never been a "private" place.

• Like 1

BeachBum

Thanks for the heads up, I have removed/ edited the content of my posts.  They were not written for the entire internet to be able to so easily read. =/

sara_gd
On 6/3/2017 at 6:09 PM, Hermione said:

Yeah anyone with an account was already able to read and post there. 

As it was all someone who clicked a link to the thread had to do to read it was sign up anyway, it's never been a "private" place.

Really? Has it always been like that? I must have been confusing it with the clubs threads. Then it's not such a drastic change. Although it's still easier to find content through Google.

Hermione
16 hours ago, sara_gd said:

Really? Has it always been like that? I must have been confusing it with the clubs threads. Then it's not such a drastic change. Although it's still easier to find content through Google.

Yes that's right, the clubs (and the meet ups section when it existed) had the 100 post rule, but not tour threads.

• Like 1

Spike

I think it's a good idea, could get this place moving a bit. But while the concerns that have been raised don't affect me, I can understand them too. How about an additional members-only area with minimum post access, for arranging meet-ups, sharing travel details etc? Or is that too convoluted? 

• Like 1

Fuzz
3 hours ago, Spike said:

I think it's a good idea, could get this place moving a bit. But while the concerns that have been raised don't affect me, I can understand them too. How about an additional members-only area with minimum post access, for arranging meet-ups, sharing travel details etc? Or is that too convoluted? 

I don't think it's too convoluted, but to be totally honest, I just don't think it'd be used very much. For now, I'd encourage people just to use a group PM if they're planning with a specific group of people. If there's enough interest I'm open to creating a place. 

Also, I've now made the permission change live. 

gd86arg

Where could I ask for erase some post? Maybe each user should be able to delete his own posts because of this.

Lone
5 minutes ago, gd86arg said:

Where could I ask for erase some post? Maybe each user should be able to delete his own posts because of this.

You can either edit the post or report the post so we can remove it for you. 

LaughingClock

I came to this thread with a bated breath and a beating heart for I wanted to know WHAT WHAT WHAT more could there be then the most amazing news that GUESTS will be able to view the subform of on the road.

I cannot wait for further news on this development.

I finally have a reason to use this emoticon! I am sweating bullets with excitement over the news.   Am I an asshole? I don't mean to be, and it comes way to natural.

:runaround:

On 3/6/2017 at 1:23 PM, BigE1023 said:

Andres is the Anti-trump tearing down the wall between member and non-member. BJ would be oh so proud.😂

HA!  Awesome.  Andres. He's so adorable.

• Like 1

gd86arg

I don't know where to put this but: Who make plans with someone from the same country in other language than the home language? I think we should be able to speak spanish or portuguese in the South American dates thread like we did in 2010, if you want the people to use those thread and promote the forum. If you take a look, they haven't nothing new since the moderators (making their job and applying the rules) said we can't speak in our language.

And if you want order in the forum you could give mod's permission temporary to anyone who speaks spanish  and/or portuguese just for those threads.

@Fuzz @Hermione @Lone

• Like 1

Fuzz
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, gd86arg said:

I don't know where to put this but: Who make plans with someone from the same country in other language than the home language? I think we should be able to speak spanish or portuguese in the South American dates thread like we did in 2010, if you want the people to use those thread and promote the forum. If you take a look, they haven't nothing new since the moderators (making their job and applying the rules) said we can't speak in our language.

And if you want order in the forum you could give mod's permission temporary to anyone who speaks spanish  and/or portuguese just for those threads.

@Fuzz @Hermione @Lone

The mods agreed that people can speak in their native language. We know English isn't easy for everyone. All we want is for people to Report stuff when it's against the rules since it's less likely a mod will be able to read and understand exactly what's going on. But if someone reports something, we can deal with it. We would like if people spoke in English within a couple days of the show so that more people have an idea of what's going on as the shows are coming up. But we fully understand that people want to speak in their own language. If nothing else, we have Google Translate.

• Like 2

gd86arg
30 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

The mods agreed that people can speak in their native language. We know English isn't easy for everyone. All we want is for people to Report stuff when it's against the rules since it's less likely a mod will be able to read and understand exactly what's going on. But if someone reports something, we can deal with it. We would like if people spoke in English within a couple days of the show so that more people have an idea of what's going on as the shows are coming up. But we fully understand that people want to speak in their own language. If nothing else, we have Google Translate.

Ok, I'll tell you if I see someone fighting in spanish or sharing Illegal download links. Thank you.

Dai.
On 5/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, Fuzz said:

Gracias wachyn ;)