VIP passes

Jet Taman

9 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

U2 are playing Dublin in a few months and their cheapest tickets were €39 and standing was €76. It's standard.

What's different between those prices and GD? 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

What's different between those prices and GD? 

Nothing. That's my point. 

Pretty big difference between selling a select number of rip off VIP tickets and selling rip off regular tickets I think. As long as we can still see the band for good to average prices I'm not going to worry about it too much, it is a rip off but it's also very much an optional extra. Best case scenario would be that it doesn't sell well so that they rethink the balance of price and what they're offering next time. Mind you people still pay for Idiot Nation to get nothing in return so who knows :P 

3 hours ago, Demon!Dean said:

At least with SPN conventions for the most part you get perks forthe Gold package, but i must say Creation is becoming extortionate with their prices too. have you seen the photo op with all four guys in it (Jared, Mark, Jensen, Misha) a photo with them would equal the 400 Green Day VIP package (or lack of packaging) :lol: 

I've never been able to afford gold, I'm going silver for Toronto and it was $499 for a seat for the weekend and about six autographs. Gold is kind of a rip off now, more expensive for not nearly as many perks as there used to be. I dread to think how much I've spent on photos - Creation are extortionate, I won't deny it but I still spend the money :lol: it's similar to this situation I guess, as long as people spend the money for it then there's no reason to make it cheaper (from their POV) 

On 3/8/2017 at 0:46 PM, Hermione said:

Pretty big difference between selling a select number of rip off VIP tickets and selling rip off regular tickets I think. As long as we can still see the band for good to average prices I'm not going to worry about it too much, it is a rip off but it's also very much an optional extra. Best case scenario would be that it doesn't sell well so that they rethink the balance of price and what they're offering next time. Mind you people still pay for Idiot Nation to get nothing in return so who knows :P 

Well don't forget, the VIP thing was probably a test to see how much we'd be willing to pay... plus I'm not entirely convinced the management themselves didn't just directly list a lot of the tickets on Stubhub themselves to make it seem like scalpers when in reality they just wanted to get more money... I mean some venues had like half the tickets available for the venue on stubhub within minutes after going on sale!

1 hour ago, Greenmom72 said:

When do the fans receive their VIP merch?

They hand the bags out at check in which was about an hour before they let us in. They then gave you a chance to run to you car to put them away or keep them at the check in table

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Teenage Kicks! said:

They hand the bags out at check in which was about an hour before they let us in. They then gave you a chance to run to you car to put them away or keep them at the check in table

About how soon before the show did you receive info on when and where to meet for early entry?

53 minutes ago, LizTheRusher said:

About how soon before the show did you receive info on when and where to meet for early entry?

My shows I had vip for were on a Saturday and Sunday. I got my info in an email on the Monday the week of the gigs

Could I sell my VIP ticket or is it only good with my name? Like do they check names at check in or?

• 3 weeks later...

I know Simple Plan isn't as big/popular of a band as Green Day, but here is the VIP package they are offering for $145:

GO BACKSTAGE FOR AFTERSHOW FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
MEET AND TAKE SELFIES WITH SIMPLE PLAN
ONE LIMITED EDITION TOUR SCREEN PRINT, SIGNED
ONE POST-GAME PARTY LAMINATE
GROUP PHOTO
(WHICH WE’LL EMAIL TO YOU AS WELL AS POST ON SIMPLE PLAN’S INSTAGRAM!)
EARLY ENTRY INTO THE VENUE
EARLY ACCESS TO MERCH
COMMEMORATIVE TICKET (DOES NOT GRANT ACCESS TO THE SHOW ITSELF)

For $145, that's so extremely reasonable! Now, because Green Day is a bigger band, let's say they'd offer the same exact package, but at the $400-$450 they're charging for their lousy VIP packages. That would still be pretty reasonable. It's certainly a hell of a lot better than what they're offering now!

ha that's cheaper than what we are paying for a ticket for GD downunder.

1 minute ago, belinda jane said:

$145 is so cheap, omg

The only meet and greet I have ever wanted to do was with Ozzy - the guy just cracks me up - it was something ridiculous like $1500 plus - I would do it for $145 with Simple Plan and Im not even a fan - what a bargain.

17 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Imo, the best option would be to not do the VIP at all. :P

Yeah I'm thinking it's pretty clear the band aren't up for doing meet and greets, fans backstage, fans in soundcheck or other stuff that involves them this time around (I mean they must have been asked when the VIP package was put together). Which is fine, they're under no obligation to when they're already on a punishing tour schedule and giving everyone their money's worth on stage every night. But without the band doing stuff for it there's really no way of creating a VIP package that's worth a lot of money. They should really pick between either getting extra cash from VIP with some involvement from them, or not doing VIP so they don't have to do extra stuff, instead of trying to have their cake and eat it too.

17 hours ago, Tinkle said:

ha that's cheaper than what we are paying for a ticket for GD downunder.

Why is everything so pricey in Oz? 

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah I'm thinking it's pretty clear the band aren't up for doing meet and greets, fans backstage, fans in soundcheck or other stuff that involves them this time around (I mean they must have been asked when the VIP package was put together). Which is fine, they're under no obligation to when they're already on a punishing tour schedule and giving everyone their money's worth on stage every night. But without the band doing stuff for it there's really no way of creating a VIP package that's worth a lot of money. They should really pick between either getting extra cash from VIP with some involvement from them, or not doing VIP so they don't have to do extra stuff, instead of trying to have their cake and eat it too.

I agree, if they want to do the VIP,  they should make it worth the money. As far as I'm concerned, it's not something I'd be interested in anyway, but I agree it would be fair. 

Btw, did they have vip tickets or did meet and greets before? 

14 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I agree, if they want to do the VIP,  they should make it worth the money. As far as I'm concerned, it's not something I'd be interested in anyway, but I agree it would be fair. 

Btw, did they have vip tickets or did meet and greets before? 

I'm not entirely sure they never have but I don't think they have, I can't remember it. On the 21st CB tour they didn't go as far as a meet and greet but they did early entry and access to watch soundcheck for a reasonably generous amount of people at almost every show just as a free contest on Idiot Nation. That's why it seems particularly bad that they're charging $400 for early entry + some nonsense and simultaneously doing fuck all for Idiot Nation now :P 

16 hours ago, belinda jane said:

$145 is so cheap, omg

They are not as popular as Green Day though. They were playing a small 2000 person club and regular tickets were less than $30. But I'm saying if Green Day still charges the $400 but gave you the same things Simple Plan did, that would make it a lot more justifiable than a stupid $5 subway gift card lol

48 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm not entirely sure they never have but I don't think they have, I can't remember it. On the 21st CB tour they didn't go as far as a meet and greet but they did early entry and access to watch soundcheck for a reasonably generous amount of people at almost every show just as a free contest on Idiot Nation. That's why it seems particularly bad that they're charging $400 for early entry + some nonsense and simultaneously doing fuck all for Idiot Nation now :P 

Soundcheck in 2009 was a giveaway -- you got to go based on luck, not based on money. It was super cool of them to do that. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

That must have been great... I do think they should be doing something for IN now too - there's no point in joining it now except for the presales. 

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Probably because its so far from everywhere - except New Zealand.

11 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Probably because its so far from everywhere - except New Zealand.

Yeah, that makes sense. I must get rich first before I visit. 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I must get rich first before I visit. 

You just need airfare - you have a place to stay:D

Archived