VIP passes

Jet Taman

Sorry if it's been discussed...I did a search and had 0 results...

I know a lot of people have said they're overpriced, etc. but for my 40th birthday my momma gave me a nice chunka change so I splurged and got a VIP pass just to see what benefits I'll get because really, this is the only time and chance I'll do it and I can tell ma how I used her money.

So has anyone else gotten the VIP pass and know what benefits we get other than getting in early (which is HUGE for me because I'm DONE getting there at 8am!)?  I'm really hoping I see ONE of the gang!

But whatever it is, I'm sure it will be another chapter in my book of Green Days!

Thanks!  I'll be seeing some of y'all at Verizon Center in DC

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Leg 1, this is the VIP Package:

GREEN DAY VIP PACKAGE

1 Pit or Premium Reserved ticket
Early entrance into the venue
1 CD of Green Day's new album 'Revolution Radio'
1 Green Day exclusive screen print
1 Green Day license plate
1 Gift certificate for a Subway footlong
1 Collectible laminate to remember your evening
Crowd-free merchandise shopping

That's cool and all but don't they realize that if we're shelling out that cash for Green Day we probably have the RevRad CD already :lol:

Wasn't the VIP ticket just early entry and a picnic basket or something the last time? :P This sounds pretty cool actually. How much did it cost?

Green Day's VIP package might not include meeting the band but at least you get a CD you already own and a sandwich :P 

Early entry is really a pretty great perk though, getting close to the stage and a good view is priority number one for me so that'd be very nice.

Ryan mentioned that he didn't get a sandwich voucher with his VIP package for the AZ show though!!  Sad.

If they sold those for the European tour I would have gotten it. Early entry is definitley worth paying for.

14 minutes ago, Beathe. said:

If they sold those for the European tour I would have gotten it. Early entry is definitley worth paying for.

For $400 though? 

3 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

For $400 though? 

Hellllll no. 

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hellllll no. 

Yeah early entry is cool but I don't think it's worth that! I'm surprised that people are getting it or wanting to get it. 

3 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

For $400 though? 

It's overpriced but I would have gotten it for one or two shows if I could. I didn't enjoy looking like and feeling like a homeless person. :P

1 minute ago, Beathe. said:

It's overpriced but I would have gotten it for one or two shows if I could. I didn't enjoy looking like and feeling like a homeless person. :P

Hahah I see. Well, I know Mad Cool in Madrid has VIP and it gives you access to a side of the barrier. Maybe more festivals do it too, Idk. Or come to Madrid! haha. 

7 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Hahah I see. Well, I know Mad Cool in Madrid has VIP and it gives you access to a side of the barrier. Maybe more festivals do it too, Idk. Or come to Madrid! haha. 

I'm going to one festival (Hyde Park) that's enough for me. I prefer headliner shows. ;)

Just now, Beathe. said:

I'm going to one festival (Hyde Park) that's enough for me. I prefer headliner shows. ;)

True

17 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Yeah early entry is cool but I don't think it's worth that! I'm surprised that people are getting it or wanting to get it. 

I would rather use that money to go to another show and put in effort both times to get a good spot (when I think about it, that's going to be just about as much as my husband and I will pay for our entire trip to Pittsburgh; hotel, gas, pit tickets, etc.). Seems crazy to pay that much just for tickets unless you have a lot of disposable income. 

400 for an album we own at this point, and no meet and greet is bullshit. 

i've spent a crazy crazy crazy amount on green day this year but there is no way i'd pay $400 for a vip package which is absolutely rubbish and doesn't actually include anything of value minus early entry. 
for me $400 is like four shows. i'd much rather do four shows than one show with a stupid vip package that is ridiculously overpriced. i don't feel ok paying that much to see my favourite band either. that's not what green day is about, and i don't want to be associated with that way of viewing the show idk. the vip package is shit. 

It says pit or premium reserved- do you get the choice of standing or seating or is it luck of the draw?  I just don't know why you would pay $400 and then choose to sit.

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

It says pit or premium reserved- do you get the choice of standing or seating or is it luck of the draw?  I just don't know why you would pay $400 and then choose to sit.

You know that no one actually sits in the their seat even if they choose to have one.  At least the hardcore fans don't.

40 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

You know that no one actually sits in the their seat even if they choose to have one.  At least the hardcore fans don't.

Oh, I know.  I'm just saying, if someone says to me- give me $400 and you can sit 200 feet away at an angle, or give me $400 and you can stand directly in front of the band 10 feet away, I'm going with the second option every time.  I'm just curious if the venue assigns VIPs to standing/seating, or if it's the person's choice.  I'd be upset if I bought VIP and found out they were putting me in the seats.

29 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Oh, I know.  I'm just saying, if someone says to me- give me $400 and you can sit 200 feet away at an angle, or give me $400 and you can stand directly in front of the band 10 feet away, I'm going with the second option every time.  I'm just curious if the venue assigns VIPs to standing/seating, or if it's the person's choice.  I'd be upset if I bought VIP and found out they were putting me in the seats.

I believe you had a choice.

Whether the $400 is worth it for the VIP is personal preference.  You may not personally feel that it is worth it, but someone else may feel that it is.  How one individual chooses to spend their money is their choice and they shouldn't be judged on it.  

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Whether the $400 is worth it for the VIP is personal preference.  You may not personally feel that it is worth it, but someone else may feel that it is.  How one individual chooses to spend their money is their choice and they shouldn't be judged on it.  

it's literally a ticket to the show, which is what $80? + early entry which is worth like another $20 if that + the album you already own $10 + a $5 subway + $20 of other shit. i'm all for people spending their money how they want, and if that's their favourite band great  (i mean the amount of money i've spent on green day in the past six months is ridiculous), but this vip package is an absolute rip off, especially when compared to what other bands offer for a similar (or cheaper) price. to spend $400 on one green day show is just dumb when the vip package doesn't offer anything worth anywhere near half the value. 

it doesn't bother me that people are buying the VIP tickets, spend your money however you want. what bothers me is that they're being offered in the first place because it's such an obvious money grab. i don't think it's cool to take advantage of fans who want to be close to them by charging 400 dollars for that privilege and i always thought green day were better than that. 

i might be a little bitter :P honestly as miserable as waiting in line can be, being there and meeting people all day is part of the green day experience imo

Archived