Poll - Revolution Radio Tour rating

End Of The World

Poll - Revolution Radio Tour rating  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the European RevRad Tour ended about three weeks ago and on GDC we're often comparing GD tours, I thought it was time to rate the last one.

5 stars, because:

- It was my first concert, obviously; :D

- GD found a balance in music/effects/emotions. 21CB was maybe too much exaggerated, 99 Revolution was its opposite. RevRad seems to be perfect;

- GD are at their best, talking about them as persons. BJ is fine, the band is stronger now, more than ever;

- They played Forever Now live. :lol:

So, what's your opinion? Discuss! :)

I'm getting the same vibe I had with the 21st Century Breakdown tour for this one, only that Billie and the rest of the band seem much more grounded and are playing tighter than ever! Not to mention Billie'a vocals sound better than ever (which I'm sure came from vocal coaching for the musical 😌)

Im hoping the North American part of tour has relatively the same set list, with Oh Love, Stay The Night, 21 Guns and welcome to paradise sprinkled in along the way. I could do without Letterbomb and KFAD.

Haven't seen it yet but any Green Day show is pretty much guaranteed to be a 5/5 :D I just wish they would add screens so I could see closeups of their beautiful faces.

Based on the show I saw, it was a solid 5/5.  Sure, there were definite areas for improvement, but it was one of the best show's I've ever been to, and the best arena show by far.  Despite the fact that it could've been even better, it was a definite 5, to the extent that I was surprised when reviews said anything else.  Maybe I'm biased cos I love Green Day though :P 

23 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

I just wish they would add screens so I could see closeups of their beautiful faces.

Screens would've been so good, I know people who weren't in great places and ended up not seeing much at all - I wonder why they didn't have them?

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

Based on the show I saw, it was a solid 5/5.  Sure, there were definite areas for improvement, but it was one of the best show's I've ever been to, and the best arena show by far.  Despite the fact that it could've been even better, it was a definite 5, to the extent that I was surprised when reviews said anything else.  Maybe I'm biased cos I love Green Day though :P 

Screens would've been so good, I know people who weren't in great places and ended up not seeing much at all - I wonder why they didn't have them?

Maybe now that they're getting older they don't want closeups because of their wrinkles? Haha I don't know :lol: Like you said, it sucks for people that are far away so hopefully they will have them for the American leg!

It was my first show (Cologne) so obviously I have to give them 5 stars, hahaha. I actually wrote a review of the show for a music magazine which you can find here: http://www.strifethemagazine.com/newsfeed/concert-review-green-day-cologne-germany

I would have enjoyed some more songs of the trilogy or even more of RevRad but as I wrote in the review, it's kind of impossible to create the perfect setlist with so many good songs :ermm:

Forever Now was a killer live! Just sad that I was the only one freaking out to it -.-

It was my second Green Day show and I think I enjoyed more than 99 Revolutions because of the small venue. It felt more intimate and they were just on fucking fire. I loved it! I also thought the setlist was great, though they could've varied a bit more, which is why I gave it a four. I wish I could see them again this year.

I think it's too early to vote at this point, mostly because of the three main factors that make up a good tour for me, which are: tour production, performance and setlist. And all three of these things could vary and have done so in the past, especially when it comes to setlist. Now, in principal, I wouldn't hesitate to give Green Day anything from 4 to 4.5-5, but that would leave little room for improvement and I think they still can improve and go beyond my expectations.

So, I'm not going to vote just yet, because I only have one leg of the world tour (if you exclude the club tour) to base my opinion on and there are still at least 4 legs (and 77 concerts) to go and that's excluding the possibility of additional tour dates in South America and Asia.

However, can I just say, who voted one star? I mean, I'd like to know what their reasoning is, since that's a pretty harsh rating. 

I put four stars because 21CB was my five star tour :D and I'm also missing the background graphics and big screens. I like that they've cut down on KFAD, and obviously the new songs, but having only one 21CB song is such an oversight :tired: however the pyro has improved - I loved the ending of Forever Now and the flames during RevRad. No bang bang during Holiday though which is a shame :P 

Five Stars! The Leeds gig was epic!

* It was my 1st GD show and they lived up to their billing as one of the best live bands around. They put on an outstanding display of showmanship.

* They looked and sounded great. I loved their outfits and the pyro and even from the top floor I could see them all clearly.

* Your could see the chemistry between them both when they were playing and at the end when they embraced each other

* I thought there was enough on the setlist to please any fan. Maybe there could have been a bit more variety, but I realise that I'm nit-picking here.

* The concert went by too quickly.. but I guess that's a sign that I enjoyed it :lol:

Archived