Do you guys think the 21st century breakdown tour was still the best tour?

paperlanterns22

The setlists were awesome. we got songs like I was there, The Judges Daughter, Word i might have ate, Platapus and more. The production was amazing with the lights, pyro, skyscrapers etc. Do you all agree?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, this current  tour looks like it's pretty bangin' too. It's Bang Bangin'. HAHA! :lol:

Didn't get a chance to see them on 21cb - Revrad is my personal fave

The setlist in Argentina was awesome as fuck. We had Nice Guys Finish Last, Burnout, Coming Clean, Geek Stink Breath, Stuck With Me, Maria, Jason Andrew Relva, Dominated Love Slave, 2000 Light Years Away, Going to Pasalacqua, Give Me Novacaine, Whatsername, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Blitzkrieg Bop and the usual setlist for the tour. And I went to Chile too and they played Paper Lanterns. 

3+ hours show!

21CB tour definitely blew Trilogy tour out of the water. I haven't seen them yet on the RevRad tour but I will compare when I do!

First time I saw them live was 21CB tour which was amazing and compared to it, revrad is a little more stripped down.  There is lots of pyro etc but just the cloth backdrops you have probably seen, although they are very good and well done but there aren't all the big screens.  Having said all that, the band sound and look great, the set list was excellent and we both thought it was possibly an even better show than 21CB.  Difficult to be subjective given the time lapse and also the massive levels of excitement at seeing them again but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The 21CBD tour had the best setlists in my opinion. I hope they'll change the setlists a bit for the current tour this summer. :)

That's a hard one. The production of the 21CB tour was undoubtedly the best - the effects and artwork all tied together perfectly, not to mention that (for me) that was their best work and now it might never be played again. But then some of the best shows I saw were on the 99 Revolutions tour, based just on the energy of the band and the general atmosphere. I'd say the same about this tour, I'm not overly impressed with the pyros but some of the shows have been equally good because the band were at their best. The 21CB shows were definitely experiences in themselves and I doubt anything will compare to that now, but on performance alone, they're just as good.

4 hours ago, Billie Hoe is my hero said:

The 21CBD tour had the best setlists in my opinion. I hope they'll change the setlists a bit for the current tour this summer. :)

for sure. 

8 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

That's a hard one. The production of the 21CB tour was undoubtedly the best - the effects and artwork all tied together perfectly, not to mention that (for me) that was their best work and now it might never be played again. But then some of the best shows I saw were on the 99 Revolutions tour, based just on the energy of the band and the general atmosphere. I'd say the same about this tour, I'm not overly impressed with the pyros but some of the shows have been equally good because the band were at their best. The 21CB shows were definitely experiences in themselves and I doubt anything will compare to that now, but on performance alone, they're just as good.

Totally agree. I think just having the 21st CB songs on the setlist put it over the edge, it really gave the shows an epic feel from Song of the Century/21st CB as the perfect atmosphere building opener onward. Combined with all the other good stuff mentioned they were really special. But yeah as far as the band's performance I've found them every bit as good during trilogy and RevRad. It's hard to say 21st CB was the best without it sounding like they're in decline or not performing as well now and it needs to be said that certainly isn't the case!

They played many of those songs you're mentioning on this tour too: Nice Guys Finish Last, Burnout and 2000 Light Years Away are quite usual now. Also Christie Road. They played Going to Pasalacqua and JAR in Prague, and in America we got to hear Stuart and the Avenue, Private Ale, One of my lies, I was there, Armatage Shanks...

The lights and pyro were more impressive for the 21stCB tour though. And regarding the setlist, rarity-wise I don't think there's that much of a difference, but 21stCB is my favourite album and now they only play KYE :dry: So having the chance to hear songs from that album was great. It definitely beat the 99 Revolutions tour for me, but it's tight to compare it to this tour. I get the impression that Billie Joe is much more focused now and shows are more relaxed, but I only went to 2 shows during 21stCB so I can't really be sure.

Totally agree. Not only was the setlist fantastic, the band's performance was at it's peak. Billie voice was fantastic. It sounded so smooth and he hit every note with out a problem. And of course their playing was on point. (It always has been really.) The pyrotechnics were an absolute sight to behold. It was perfect. Although I'm incredibly excited to see them live, I think there is no way they can top the 21CB tour. 

I have never seen them live but from everything I've watched online the 21st CB tour was just pure epicness!  Wish I could've seen them back then but I couldn't afford it.  Thankfully now I'm older and a working class hero who can afford to see them in just a few weeks!!!

The only way to describe the experience of the 21st Century Breakdown tour is epic. From the opening with SOTC/21st CB, to the stage itself, to the 3 hour performances, the whole thing was a spectacle. The atmosphere was just incredible. Those songs were so powerful, its such a shame only KYE has remained in the setlist :( 

I really enjoyed the RevRad shows I attended a few weeks ago, but everything is much more toned down now in terms of production. I have to say the band sounded amazing though, and they proved they've still got that crazy energy that I was afraid they had lost on the 99 Revs tour. It's also really obvious that the guys are in a good place, and that feeling is infectious when you're at a GD show.

I think in terms of production and possibly setlist (although there's plenty of time for them to improve on that), 21st CB was the best, but RevRad is in no way a disappointment. I can't wait for June to come round so I can see GD again :happy:

I didn't see the 21CB tour, but from the videos I've watched, I think that Billie's voice was at the top of his game.  He had the broadway training and it really showed.  But, I think all tours have alot to offer, they are all different.  I don't know if I could honestly say one tour was better than the other, just how they are different.  I would not expect the band to be as outrageous now, as they have been on past tours because they are men in their mid-40's.  From what I've seen of the Rev Rad tour, the effects work perfectly for the stage they are at.  Billie's voice is really strong, not as strong as 21CB, but he is also 8 years older.   I think they are very good at putting on a great show tailored to the stage of their career they are at.       

But I can give a better assessment of the rev rad tour in 23 days.

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I didn't see the 21CB tour, but from the videos I've watched, I think that Billie's voice was at the top of his game.  He had the broadway training and it really showed.  

Everyone talks about his training for broadway but the first performances of BJ with the musical date back to September 2010, more than a year after the start of the tour and a few weeks before its end

15 minutes ago, jon18 said:

Everyone talks about his training for broadway but the first performances of BJ with the musical date back to September 2010, more than a year after the start of the tour and a few weeks before its end

That has nothing to do with when he started training or taking voice lessons.  He clearly took voice lessons before the 21CB tour.

Well, I liked the 21CB setlist best because I just love 21CB and most of those songs are missing from the current setlist. In terms of general atmosphere, though, I think RevRad tops it. 

Archived