Jeff Matika Twitter Question And Answer

jetsrule128

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, desertrose said:

Can you stop putting tweets that aren't fan Q&A ones here please? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@desertrose I've asked you several times to stop posting tweets that aren't fan Q&A ones in here. I don't want to have to close this thread and just have all his tweets in the general GD tweets thread but if it's not going to be strictly fan Q&A ones that's what I'm going to do. Can you stick to that?

I love what he's saying about Whatsername. He should try harder and convince the other guys to play it live next tour. I wanna hear that song live so badly. Also his Trump-reply: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

My respect for Jeff has grown tremendously this tour. Not only is he engaging the fans through Twitter, but he's engaged with them in real life quite a bit as well. I posted a heartwarming story on here a month or two back about how he helped a disabled fan- that was a nice moment. I've witnessed other times where he hosts people (I'm assuming folks he's met on Twitter) after shows and just talks to them for a half hour or more- just randomly, folks that he is clearly just meeting for the first time and has left tickets/ passes for just because they're big fans and he likes them for one reason or another. Try engaging him on Twitter if you have something insightful to say, and who knows- he may extend the same courtesy. I've been to various shows where various band members either showed up or didn't depending on who they were hosting or expecting to see, but Jeff is always there and hosting someone. He's clearly embracing the moment and totally engaging with the fans whether it's something mainstream (Twitter) or more subtle (in person meetings at shows).

We've spoken briefly as well and he's clearly loving this experience. I have long thought "man, I wish I could be Jason/ Jeff and be a touring musician with these guys, they're so lucky". After having met him (and Jason too, but that's another conversation entirely) I'm nothing but happy for them both and realize that they appreciate and love it as much as anyone could.

On 11/2/2017 at 2:22 AM, TimmyChunks said:

My respect for Jeff has grown tremendously this tour. Not only is he engaging the fans through Twitter, but he's engaged with them in real life quite a bit as well. I posted a heartwarming story on here a month or two back about how he helped a disabled fan- that was a nice moment. I've witnessed other times where he hosts people (I'm assuming folks he's met on Twitter) after shows and just talks to them for a half hour or more- just randomly, folks that he is clearly just meeting for the first time and has left tickets/ passes for just because they're big fans and he likes them for one reason or another. Try engaging him on Twitter if you have something insightful to say, and who knows- he may extend the same courtesy. I've been to various shows where various band members either showed up or didn't depending on who they were hosting or expecting to see, but Jeff is always there and hosting someone. He's clearly embracing the moment and totally engaging with the fans whether it's something mainstream (Twitter) or more subtle (in person meetings at shows).

We've spoken briefly as well and he's clearly loving this experience. I have long thought "man, I wish I could be Jason/ Jeff and be a touring musician with these guys, they're so lucky". After having met him (and Jason too, but that's another conversation entirely) I'm nothing but happy for them both and realize that they appreciate and love it as much as anyone could.

Aw he's amazing! Makes me even more mad to see all the shit some fans have been giving him lately on twitter. I saw his dms were opened and took the opportunity to send a message with all the things I've always wanted to say to everyone in the band. Still waiting for him to open it haha 

On 11/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, TimmyChunks said:

Jeff is the shit! So rad to hear. 

Back in 2011 at the red seven gig in Austin Tx a group of my Green Day pals didn't have tickets, Jeff walked by and struck up a conversation with this dude and he put them all on the guest list!

He's sweet as fuck. 

3 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

Jeff is the shit! So rad to hear. 

Back in 2011 at the red seven gig in Austin Tx a group of my Green Day pals didn't have tickets, Jeff walked by and struck up a conversation with this dude and he put them all on the guest list!

He's sweet as fuck. 

That sounds exactly right. I don't know him at all, but every time I've interacted with him he's been great, and every time I've been around to see him hanging out he's always hosting "friends" (people who don't seem to know him but that he either engages on Twitter or through others) or at least making an appearance to mingle. He seems to be an extroverted introvert if that makes sense- he's not going to be over the top to try to steal the show or make it all about himself, and at the same time he's always going to show up and show the fans the love. 

I met one of his guests who first befriended him while trying to crack into the music business and we've stayed in touch. She met him while she was trying to network her way into an audio engineering career and he's been a great mentor to her ever since. They've since become good friends and have a good professional relationship. Everything I hear from her about Jeff is great and overall it's nice to know that Green Day does a good job surrounding themselves with good people. Everyone from tour management to the techs and tour security is top notch which is super nice to see. I haven't had much exposure to bands of this caliber so I'm not sure how it normally works, but I would just venture to guess that they have one of the best/ nicest inner circles of most major touring artists.

@TimmyChunks

Very awesome! I agree what you mean about them having a great team! This last us leg I've seen first hand how Green Days pit security handles and looks out for all of us down there. My husband kind of rested his head on my shoulder and one of their regular touring guards were quick to check if he was okay! They're really great. And the stage hands are very friendly and interactive! Makes me so happy.

21 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

@TimmyChunks

Very awesome! I agree what you mean about them having a great team! This last us leg I've seen first hand how Green Days pit security handles and looks out for all of us down there. My husband kind of rested his head on my shoulder and one of their regular touring guards were quick to check if he was okay! They're really great. And the stage hands are very friendly and interactive! Makes me so happy.

Awesome. I've probably written too much about it/ bored some people on here with this stuff (sometimes it's kind of crazy how we can be so thrilled when other people are just nice to us- shouldn't that be the way we treat each other anyway?), but they really are awesome. I had commented about it on the pictures page but some of their key bulldogs, especially Eddie, seem like the kind of people to stay away from but they're actually super cool. I guess that's one thing you learn after touring for multiple decades- it makes the entire experience a lot more pleasant when everyone (especially those on your tour buses) is both good at their jobs and also pleasant to be around. This wasn't always the case either- during the '90s and early 2000's they had a lot of contract and local security for these gigs which have seemed to have been replaced by more "full time" and professional crew. I seriously hope they keep the same group for the next tour whenever it occurs.

• 1 month later...

So I've had to ask for non Q&A type tweets not to be posted several times now.

On reflection back when Jeff announced he was doing a big Q&A there was a point to this thread but now that all he does is occasionally answer something I don't see any reason why all his tweets can't just go in the Green Day Tweets thread. So I'll close this and all future Jeff tweets can go here:

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived