Green Day on Guitar World Magazine (March 2017 issue).

MaraGreenDay

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this and I was going to post it! Lol. He does look scrumptious on that cover! :wub: 

Saw this as I was scrolling through my Facebook feel and was like, "Huh, that guy is pretty cute." :happy: Glad to see he's getting a lot of use out of that shirt, lol.

Nice! :wub: Can't wait to read it. I hope there is something new and not just the same old recycled information. 

Yeah, I subscribe to it.  Hopefully it will come today.  I will copy the article when it comes  

I need this magazine!!

16251779_1725435790815449_26984048956991

This and the one GW has as their cover pic on twitter are so :wub:

38 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Yeah, I subscribe to it.  Hopefully it will come today.  I will copy the article when it comes  

We count on you!

Yeah, thanks for sharing! Seemingly won't be out here for another month :dry:, in the meantime I'll try to look away from the pic with him in all black and actually read the thing.

A very interesting interview which for once didn't focus entirely on his rehab or Trump. Particularly the guitar/amp questions are seldom asked, so it's good the interviewer went deeper into that. The most surprising thing was actually his tone change about the Trilogy (final question of the interview). He still states he was unfocused, but he would still have released it as three records, though with a greater period of time between them. Maybe it sounds more positive because the question was rather positive in regard to the Trilogy, but it's a remarkable change of opinion compared to the darker Rolling Stone interviews nonetheless

Thanks so much, but I'm getting a "that page doesn't exist" message with about half the links whereas others are fine, so I've only been able to read half the article. ☹️

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Thanks so much, but I'm getting a "that page doesn't exist" message with about half the links whereas others are fine, so I've only been able to read half the article. ☹️

Same, a few links are broke :( 

6 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

Same, a few links are broke :( 

Just go to a link that works and then navigate left and right. That should work :)

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Try it now, I think I just fixed it

So far so good but too small to read on my phone. Will save for when I'm next on my laptop.

Thanks!!

14 minutes ago, Dakke said:

A very interesting interview which for once didn't focus entirely on his rehab or Trump. Particularly the guitar/amp questions are seldom asked, so it's good the interviewer went deeper into that. The most surprising thing was actually his tone change about the Trilogy (final question of the interview). He still states he was unfocused, but he would still have released it as three records, though with a greater period of time between them. Maybe it sounds more positive because the question was rather positive in regard to the Trilogy, but it's a remarkable change of opinion compared to the darker Rolling Stone interviews nonetheless

I was thinking this. But at the same time, I think the Trilogy is a monster to sum up. Just like it's difficult for some fans to pinpoint their feelings on it, it's tough for the band to articulate how they feel about that part of their catalog. It was proliferation for the sake of it, but it also had a lot of great material. They seem like they had fun making it (or at least part of it), but the promotion aspect was when everything became unhinged. It's probably an extremely mixed bag in terms of their emotions surrounding it—some interviews might bring out certain feelings, while others who phrase the question about it differently might get a different answer. On one hand, they want to defend their work—I think Tre even said in an interview that he hopes in time, it'll be better thought-of. On the other hand, they don't want to make it sound like it was the best point in their lives or careers, and recognize how their obsessive tendencies and crazy work ethic surrounding the Trilogy led to their eventual breakdown. When they talk about it, I often hear Tre talking about the positive aspects of it, Mike more concerned with how it impacted them emotionally, and Billie kinda torn between appreciating the work that went into it but also admitting he wasn't in a good headspace while making it.

I think it's just a tough subject.

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Here you go, there is a ton of stuff in the magazine about GD and the article is 7 pages long

Im sorry toask it but could you please upload It In higher quality so I can read it on my phone ?

Just now, Stewe said:

Im sorry toask it but could you please upload It In higher quality so I can read it on my phone ?

NO, it took me an hour to scan and upload and try to fix the links.  

Archived