If 'Blue' ever ended up on EBay, or a Pawn Shop, what would you pay for it?

Justin1

It's hard to put a price on something as sentimental as Blue! I'd say it'd fetch 100k+, but I think it would be nice if it was passed down to Joey or Jakob! :happy:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I always assumed one of two things would happen. When he dies it would either be left to one of his sons, or his wife. Or it goes to a museum. 

It might go to his family,which I think would be the best or maybe a museum. As someone said in another thread he might be buried with it when he dies. 

7 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Honestly, I always assumed one of two things would happen. When he dies it would either be left to one of his sons, or his wife. Or it goes to a museum. 

It would be pretty amazing if it ended up in a museum.. would be nice for fans to be able to see it up close in person 🙂 

42 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame <3

3 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

This thread made me sad. 

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't talk about Billie's death anymore :lol::cry:

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way off yet

To be brutally honest it probably wouldn't be worth very much. Like yeah, it's got a fair amount of history attached but the guitar itself is a heap of junk. It's knackered, has original parts missing, and was a cheap knockoff to start with. I'd still pay a fucking fortune for it though.

Not to derail, but I've got an honest and semi-related question: what's the appeal of stuff like this? I could never imagine paying $250K for a guitar that sits on my wall and collects dust. I don't care if Jesus of Nazareth built the fucker out of the cross he was crucified on - it's a guitar, and unless it was given to me by its famous owner, I can't understand the sentimental value.

I don't mean any disrespect to people who like collecting stuff like that. I just can't get into that headspace. 

I  would give my first born. :lol:

Naw, it'd be cool, but I've got what I need. For my 13th birthday, I beg and pled my parents for a blue electric guitar that looked a suspiciously lot like Billie's guitar. (It's was identical aside from having stickers and an maple fretboard.) So I'm happy with my sappy, cheap little blue. Yes, it'd be cool to own but I really can't see paying more than 1500$ for a guitar, iconic or not. (I'm cheap) 

Archived