If 'Blue' ever ended up on EBay, or a Pawn Shop, what would you pay for it?

Justin1

I'm watching Pawn Stars and imagined what they would pay for Blue of someone walked in with it.. I'm guessing it would go for $100,000. At least, that's what I'd pay for it if I had the money. 🙂 Any other ideas?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, $100,000 seems fair for it right now. I don't think Blue would be sold until Billie died or something though, and that would up the value of it, obviously. So, if that happened, figure it'd be worth around $500,000 or so.

36 minutes ago, BullwinkleCheech said:

No way in hell it would go for that much haha

$8,000 max give or take

I can't think of any other guitars in rock music that are as well known, and Billie plays it every show.. It's gotta be worth more than 8k I'd think.

3 minutes ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

ÂŁ2.50 and a packet of crisps. Any flavour you like.

Beet chips > potato chips. 

2 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I can't think of any other guitars in rock music that are as well known, and Billie plays it every show.. It's gotta be worth more than 8k I'd think.

I get that people on this forum are die hard Green Day fans and would sell organs to buy this guitar but realistically speaking, this guitar has much less value than a guitar such as the first Jimi Hendrix guitar or something like that. Billie played the Everly Brothers guitar for a full tour and gave it to a fan, the value was only about a $1,000 higher than the original value. Honestly, this guitar is an icon for the pop punk scene but that doesn't mean its worth tonnes.

11 minutes ago, BullwinkleCheech said:

I get that people on this forum are die hard Green Day fans and would sell organs to buy this guitar but realistically speaking, this guitar has much less value than a guitar such as the first Jimi Hendrix guitar or something like that. Billie played the Everly Brothers guitar for a full tour and gave it to a fan, the value was only about a $1,000 higher than the original value. Honestly, this guitar is an icon for the pop punk scene but that doesn't mean its worth tonnes.

One of Hendrix's acoustics sold in December for £209,000.  Wouldn't expect Blue to fetch that much, but I'd certainly expect it to go for more than £8,000. 

1 hour ago, M0n3y said:

One of my kidneys

Why would Billie want your kidney? :P 

2 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Some guy named BB King would disagree with that. 

The actual "Blue", hmm, something I'd def want being a die hard fan. Given the guitar and who owned it, I would say 6, 000. Just for all the history involved with it, it isn't an expensive guitar but since this is Billie's I'd pay 6 grand. Seven if it was signed and shit.

5 hours ago, Justin1 said:

Lucille would disagree with that Blackie would also disagree with that 

3 hours ago, BullwinkleCheech said:

I think it's a pretty recognizable guitar that even a casual fan would know what it is, and the history of it is pretty amazing. I'm sure if it was auctioned off, crazy rich fans like Zuckerburg would pay 100k plus! Just my opinion tho..

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Beet chips > potato chips. 

And the answer to that is:

no.

3 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I hope he never needs to buy a kidney haha :P

5 minutes ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

And the answer to that is:

no.

I'd start a chips discourse but Seagull stole all of my chips. 

7 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Because it's the best and healthiest kidney that has ever existed :P 

I think the original is priceless because it was guitar his mom bought to him by saving money working in the diner. You can't put a price on that.

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I hope he never needs to buy a kidney haha :P

I'd start a chips discourse but Seagull stole all of my chips. 

He has an annoying habit of doing that.

http://proguitarshop.com/andyscorner/10-most-expensive-guitars-ever-so-far

I'm not saying I personally would pay this much, but considering this list of famous people guitars, if Billie dies and his guitar goes for sale, I'd say at least $250k. He's not as popular as the people on this list/not as "good" of a guitarist, plus a lot of GD fans are of the poorer kind, but again this is like his ONE guitar that he plays at every single show since he was 12 years old. If a guitar that was used by the Beatles a couple of times could go for $540k, I don't see why you couldn't get $250k for Blue.

Archived