Is Green Day receiving more criticism now for their views on Trump than when they released American Idiot?

JardyOfSuburbia

Once there was this band that wrote songs about masturbation and didn't care about politics, I miss this band.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Once there was this band that wrote songs about masturbation and didn't care about politics, I miss this band.

That band sure wasn't Green Day. Maybe you're thinking of Blink 

34 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

What's wrong snowflake, are you offended by someone being mean? :lol: 

C'mon, you're better than that.

11 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

That band sure wasn't Green Day. Maybe you're thinking of Blink 

Fan since 2004 spotted

Longview was literally the only song about masturbation and it was only 1 line which mentioned masturbation

50 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Pretty much everything up to Warning.

Someone in this thread has already mentioned Road To Acceptance. And they've been providing social commentary on some songs since before Warning. Maybe not openly political but they've always been aware of what's going on around them; "didn't care about politics" is a weird assumption to make just because they made one song referencing masturbation.

41 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Fan since 2004 spotted

Not sure what that has to do with anything but ok 

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Does Trump seem like a very understanding and nice person to you? 

pgKooX.gif

1 hour ago, tresexy101 said:

I would just refer everyone to the first page where someone named Tresexy101 typed a comment and @Andres agreed with him.  

You really must not have a lot going on with your life, do you? :lol:

14 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Wow! You seem like a very understanding and nice person. Have a great day friend! :D

I didn't vote for Trump so you are correct

42 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

I didn't vote for Trump so you are correct

I voted for trump and I tend to respect others opinions so what the hell is your point?

12 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

C'mon, you're better than that.

Yet Trump supporters (the main users of it) aren't? 

10 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

So you think people who voted for Trump are terrible people? That's a sad way to live my friend. 

When did they say that?

The "snowflake" and "triggered" insults are getting very tired. They've completely lost their meaning, just like "fake news". It's just thrown out there as a generic insult now.

18 hours ago, tresexy101 said:

I would just refer everyone to the first page where someone named Tresexy101 typed a comment and @Andres agreed with him.  

It was an iconic moment, really, I must say.

23 hours ago, Cunt said:

I voted for trump and I tend to respect others opinions so what the hell is your point?

13 hours ago, Jake69 said:

So you think people who voted for Trump are terrible people? That's a sad way to live my friend. 

Trump voters themselves may not be terrible people but the fact that he is an aggressively terrible person himself didn't seem to bother them

34 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

Trump voters themselves may not be terrible people but the fact that he is an aggressively terrible person himself didn't seem to bother them

Most of them aren't bothered by some of the dumb things he does and a lot are a little too bothered by dumb things that he's done or said. I have no problem calling him out on his mistakes and he's definitely made some. 

4 hours ago, tdlyon said:

Something Hillary voters can relate to. 

;)

19 hours ago, T.C said:

Something Hillary voters can relate to. 

;)

We obviously fundamentally disagree on all levels so it might be best to end this here

I didn't vote for Clinton or Trump... I'm not a Trump supporter at all. But I'm sorta getting tired of Billie's Anti-Trump rants like some people on here have said. I also didn't like it when Billie compared Trump to Hitler. Yeah, I think they are getting more criticism because the Internet/Social Media/News Coverage is a lot bigger in 2017 than it was in 2004. 

Archived