Green Day Fan Photos

BeachBum

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The setlist text size is huge omg

He's an old man. Gotta be able to read it with out his glasses. 

(I relate to needing larger print and I'm only 32.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The setlist text size is huge omg

He’s never without those glasses now, they’re always hanging on his shirt collar. Once you start with reading glasses your eyesight goes downhill quickly. Eventually it may become so much of a pain that you just start wearing progressive bifocals all the time to not have to bother to take them on and off (assuming you didn’t already need correction for distance before which he doesn’t seem to).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He’s never without those glasses now, they’re always hanging on his shirt collar. Once you start with reading glasses your eyesight goes downhill quickly. Eventually it may become so much of a pain that you just start wearing progressive bifocals all the time to not have to bother to take them on and off (assuming you didn’t already need correction for distance before which he doesn’t seem to).

I think, from my experience, you realise what you aren't seeing and how much better your sight is with whatever correction you have.  Having said that, he is in the prime age bracket to need more correction as a lot to do with sight is muscle related and sadly muscles just get slower to react.  Not a problem when you look as hot as he does with them!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

As a person who wears contacts/glasses for basic eyesight for 20-something years, my vision has not changed since I got readers. I've had them for 5 years. Mainly wear them while I'm at work because my eyes work too hard to focus. Everyones different, but that's been my experience. 

It was a kick in the ass when my eye doc said I needed readers on top of my contacts... I felt old that day (I was only 28).

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

As a person who wears contacts/glasses for basic eyesight for 20-something years, my vision has not changed since I got readers. I've had them for 5 years. Mainly wear them while I'm at work because my eyes work too hard to focus. Everyones different, but that's been my experience. 

It was a kick in the ass when my eye doc said I needed readers on top of my contacts... I felt old that day (I was only 28).

28 is young but it’s not always age related. I’ve always had glasses for distance since I was in middle school but just started with readers/bifocals after 40. I’ve had to adjust the prescription once or twice over the last decade or so.  

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

He's an old man. Gotta be able to read it with out his glasses. 

(I relate to needing larger print and I'm only 32.)

Oh no I had to squint to read the little text

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

28 is young but it’s not always age related. I’ve always had glasses for distance since I was in middle school but just started with readers/bifocals after 40. I’ve had to adjust the prescription once or twice over the last decade or so.  

Not always age related no, I've been wearing glasses since I was about 12 and switched to contacts in my late teens.  I think Billie doesn't seem to have needed anything until the last couple of years though which suggests he's hit the classic "early 40s eye change" which is very common.

I saw a pic of Mike years ago wearing glasses but he's never seen with them, I wonder if he's a big contact lens wearer?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Oh no I had to squint to read the little text

Just testing your eyes. :D

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Both of my parents wear glasses. Dad has bifocals, and I think my mom does too. I'm sure I'll be headed in that direction as well. My genetics don't produce a good outcome for vision.

• Haha 1

I have perfect vision so I can't relate. BUT, I know my vision will start to go eventually. I'm going to be 28 in a couple months and my vision still seems to be as good as it was. Sorry, this was not meant to be a brag, just a comment. Billie looks hot with or without glasses, though, so he's good to go! I wonder if he wears contacts at all.

3 hours ago, desertrose said:

Fuck me! Billie's hair in that picture! 😵 I'm dead!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:36 PM, desertrose said:

Somebody's giving Billie a real run for his money in the chins department! :P

• Haha 4