Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh my god :lol:. It's kind of cringy with the dumb voice and the isn't it funny if he's swearing all the time and the fact that he actually was just silent on the street and they added the shouting afterwards :P. But I still like that they're going all out with it.

• Like 2

^^* I wish he was right about this, unfortunately there’s a huge difference. In WWII the country was united against a common enemy. Now we’re divided and there are thousands if not millions of Trump supporting wingnuts in America that would gladly use it. He needs to get out of his liberal bubble I think. 😕

He’s written songs from the POV of a bomber and a mass shooter before, I would be curious to see him try to write a song from the pov of a republican and/or right wing extremist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie replied to a guy who criticised him for getting political saying he had been a fan since 2006 but the politics at the show he went to on this tour put him off. He complained that Billie should find something else to criticise Trump over besides "No racism, no sexism, no homophobia"  :ermm: and ended by saying that his parents had raised him to believe in Elvis's belief that you should never judge anyone until you walk in their shoes. I have to say I'm making his reply a lot more coherent than it actually was and following Billie's replies he evidently deleted his post :lol:

billiejoearmstrong @trent_ta hey man. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I have to say I got into punk and rock n roll because, to me, it’s about rebellion and it gives you a “feeling”. To me punk is about a conversation and it can make you uncomfortable. And it simply can fuck with people. It acts on your instincts.. my caption was a joke however every joke has its truth. Trump is a racist. When you marginalize an entire race and culture as being rapists drug dealers and terrorists based on their religion or country that is by definition racism.. also white nationalism. He’s also taking action that will destroy the environment, give huge tax cuts for the wealthy/corporations that will destroy the working/ middle class, attacking our first amendment right to freedom of speech (fake news).. The last one is something that rings true for me. If you think I suddenly I woke up one day and decided to be outspoken in the last few years that’s simply not true. Green Day has ALWAYS spoke truth to power since day 1. since I was 15 years old.. I like Elvis too.. but I don’t think he was being political. Plus he was a pop star that was being manipulated by a manager that wouldn’t even allow him to leave the country to perform.. look it up. There’s plenty of shoes I’d love to walk in. Joe strummer, bob Dylan, John Lennon.. but I would never want to walk in Donald’s shoes because he’s been walking in elitist shit his entire life.

billiejoearmstrong @trent_ta I also forgot to say he’s a misogynist. accused of multiple claims of sexual assault.

can I just say fucking roasted :D

Brilliant! :lol: Billie, please use your anger to write some angry new songs for album 13:wub:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't know which I like more, his slaying political posts or his embarrassing dad posts :D 

Embarrassing dad posts. Definitely.

• Like 1

That reply is just brilliant! I love that he took the time to write all of that to reply to a silly comment. 

And the embarrassing dad posts are always great :D 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Embarrassing dad posts. Definitely.

Well it's not surprising you prefer "embarrassing dad posts" since you did post that he was living in a "liberal bubble" after he made the joke about the baby names.:P

On 12/3/2017 at 3:02 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

He needs to get out of his liberal bubble I think. 😕

I think it's great that he is posting against Trump despite the backlash. As Billie stated he isn't a popstar and he's always spoken truth to power since he started out and continues to take a stand against this racist, misogynistic president. Clearly Billie is extremely passionate about politics and Trump etc and tends to interact with fans on his political posts also which is cool.

54 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Well it's not surprising you prefer "embarrassing dad posts" since you did post that he was living in a "liberal bubble" after he made the joke about the baby names.:P

I think it's great that he is posting against Trump despite the backlash. As Billie stated he isn't a popstar and he's always spoken truth to power since he started out and continues to take a stand against this racist, misogynistic president. Clearly Billie is extremely passionate about politics and Trump etc and tends to interact with fans on his political posts also which is cool.

To be fair the comment/joke could be seen as flawed in that there are a lot of Trump supporters, and also Donald has probably already been one of the least popular baby names for several decades :P. But yeah the message is clear, and maybe he's making that comment feeling hopeful that more and more people including former supporters will come to dislike Trump as the shittiness of his policies and actions becomes more and more apparent as they take effect (his tax plan for example). After all "Adolf" had plenty of supporters when he was first in power too. I agree that it's great to see.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Todd said:

Oh shit, I broke number 5. Guess I'm going to Green Day Hell :(

:o you're still less of a sinner than the person who washed the bunny suit 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Instagram Photos