Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

11 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I've wondered that too. I would want to like briefly stop in and then get the hell out of dodge, ya know? I'm not sure where you saw that about Billie, but I've definitely seen places where he has said stuff like that, though I think it may have been older interviews? I suppose you get used to it at some point I mean they've always got so many people around it seems. I think it's sort of unavoidable unless you wanna create a reputation as the rude loner who refuses to spend time with any guests at their own party. 

Maybe this is why he goes live on instagram when he's got people around. Most people do turn to social media when they don't know what to do with themselves in a situation haha (just speculating). 

Oh definitely, smart phones are a social awkward person's best friend! You made me worry whether I was making stuff up but found the source of that : http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/billie-joe-armstrong-love-performing-sober-1005031.html?f=rss . I get that if you're throwing a party you need to show your face as well, and we know they don't mind meeting fans. I guess it's more the culture of after parties in itself that puzzles me/makes me feel awkward on their/his behalf :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Oh definitely, smart phones are a social awkward person's best friend! You made me worry whether I was making stuff up but found the source of that : http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/billie-joe-armstrong-love-performing-sober-1005031.html?f=rss . I get that if you're throwing a party you need to show your face as well, and we know they don't mind meeting fans. I guess it's more the culture of after parties in itself that puzzles me/makes me feel awkward on their/his behalf :D

Wait, he spent four months in rehab? I thought it was just a month. Jesus, that's intense. It's so fascinating to me that he really is such an attention whore on stage and yet so socially anxious in a room full of people. I guess that's like a weird combination of not being shy at all but also being very uncomfortable interacting with smaller groups of people more directly. But yeah, the culture of parties like that would make me feel awkward too so I get why he has turned to drugs/alcohol in the past in that setting. I do the same but on a more controlled level, haha. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Wait, he spent four months in rehab? I thought it was just a month. Jesus, that's intense. It's so fascinating to me that he really is such an attention whore on stage and yet so socially anxious in a room full of people. I guess that's like a weird combination of not being shy at all but also being very uncomfortable interacting with smaller groups of people more directly. But yeah, the culture of parties like that would make me feel awkward too so I get why he has turned to drugs/alcohol in the past in that setting. I do the same but on a more controlled level, haha. 

To be fair just about everyone uses alcohol to loosen up and enjoy social situations it's just if you're an alcoholic every time you do you wake up in a strange place naked. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I think Billie is smart enough to know that now, he is in control of his surrounded , from past experience..and he is not shy person I don't think, and it is not just party but  it is celebration as well because it is last leg of tour and  at Famous Rose Bowl.

• Like 2

The faces Billie was making while getting that tattoo was hilarious, even though I think he was really just playing it up for the camera. I don't know for sure though, maybe it did hurt. I don't know as I've never gotten a tattoo....yet. I'm seriously thinking about getting a RevRad tat because that was the best concert I've ever been to. I'll post a pic if/when I do. 

As for social anxiety; I know exactly how he feels. I have anxiety and severe depression and I could never do what he does because I always feel like the most awkward, weird person in public too. I could never get up on stage because I don't like to be the center of attention and being noticed. I also have terrible stage freight too, so he is very brave to do what he does in front of thousands of people. At parties I tend to hang back and don't talk much. I do better in small groups, but even when I'm among good friends I always feel like I don't fit in. It's hard to deal with and makes life a lot harder than it has to be. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm so happy to be a fan of a band/scene with a sense of humour :D 

41 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

As for social anxiety; I know exactly how he feels. I have anxiety and severe depression and I could never do what he does because I always feel like the most awkward, weird person in public too. I could never get up on stage because I don't like to be the center of attention and being noticed. I also have terrible stage freight too, so he is very brave to do what he does in front of thousands of people. At parties I tend to hang back and don't talk much. I do better in small groups, but even when I'm among good friends I always feel like I don't fit in. It's hard to deal with and makes life a lot harder than it has to be. 

We'll never know exactly what it is Billie struggles with and he clearly lives for the attention at the same time (breaking news!: human beings are complex <3) but I just want to say I know oh so well where you're coming from with groups and friends and it is indeed a bummer.

• Like 3

Wow! That cake is amazing! I don't know whether to eat it or put a cassette into it. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Oh nice, finally a better look. Trying to wrap my head around how sweet it is that they all got matching tattoos :lol: 

It is, but they don't all, or at least Billie, Mike and Tre have the EBPM one?  Nice that Sarah got the Revrad one, I wonder if Adrienne or Britt did?

19 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

I think Billie is smart enough to know that now, he is in control of his surrounded , from past experience..and he is not shy person I don't think, and it is not just party but  it is celebration as well because it is last leg of tour and  at Famous Rose Bowl.

I'm not exactly sure if you're implying this, but social anxiety has nothing to do with not being smart enough to know you're in control of your surroundings. It's just a matter of being (sometimes extremely) uncomfortable in social settings. I agree with you that he isn't shy. But you can be not shy and still be uncomfortable in social situations. It can be a party to celebrate the greatest day of your life (whatever that may be) and you can still be uncomfortable. You can even have fun, and still experience some social anxiety. That said, I'm glad he's finding healthier ways to deal with it, such as going live on instagram while getting a tattoo, haha.

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Instagram Photos