Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

7 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I don't see what's so dramatic about Billie drinking a cocktail. Since rehab we've seen several photos of him holding various alcoholic drinks. I think it's far more likely he doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks and really doesn't see having a cocktail as a big deal rather than he made a video mentioning having a cocktail deliberately to wind up a few uptight fans who think they are his mother :lol:

There's nothing dramatic about it and I don't see anyone acting as if it was - thankfully! :ga:

18 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

There's nothing dramatic about it and I don't see anyone acting as if it was - thankfully! :ga:

There were a few people on the previous page who thought that Billie might be bothered bullshitting about drinking a cocktail as though it was a huge deal for him.

8 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Wow, they're having a fun saturday night lol. The trippy music just makes it.:lol:

They started following at least one of the big fan accounts, I'd say they're definitely messing with us - cocktail included. 

4 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

There were a few people on the previous page who thought that Billie might be bothered bullshitting about drinking a cocktail as though it was a huge deal for him.

The only one I thought they were messing with was Greg. :confused:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I didn't really mean to say he was doing it as some big prank, just that the whole thing had an air of them having a giggle (mostly the Greg thing + following a bunch of accounts when clearly Billie was in control of the GD account), and he must know that the cheeky "mmmm cocktail" will spark *some* reaction amongst gossipy instagrammers. (I was also writing this at 6am :P)

I very much doubt he cares what people think, it's not like he's ever shied away from the subject or anything.  

Billie not caring about what people might think, I do think so as well. ;) Still, he clearly shows that he intends to stay in touch with the internet and to get informed about people's reactions. Funnily, I immediately thought about what he had been saying about Revolution Radio on several late 2016 interviews : "it's about how you get informed..." "so many different factions of news coming at you, what do you believe", etc. Quite amazingly to me, Billie is taking part of this internet life by posting more than before : notably these live Instagram. I'm watching this with the greatest interest.

Also, about the "shut up Greg" thing, thanks to you guys on this thread and the one just created for this last live Instagram's subject, there might be a double pun, 1) with the photographer's name Greg Schneider and 2) the "family feud" cartoon when the guy says "shut up Greg", knowing that Billie has compared Donald Trump's election to a "family feud" sequence in an 2016 interview. 

Here it is, at 1:06 :

Edited by Kuromignonne
edit for putting the link to interview
  • Like 1

Lol, virtually every comment on that post is like: *Billie (goddamnit). Oh man, endless battle, some will never get it right... 

Meanwhile, the person running the account was begging for follows and even after acknowledging the error still hasn't corrected it...

I didn't really mean to say he was doing it as some big prank, just that the whole thing had an air of them having a giggle (mostly the Greg thing + following a bunch of accounts when clearly Billie was in control of the GD account), and he must know that the cheeky "mmmm cocktail" will spark *some* reaction amongst gossipy instagrammers. (I was also writing this at 6am :P)

I very much doubt he cares what people think, it's not like he's ever shied away from the subject or anything.  

Seriously, as long as it doesn't result in another cancelled tour or greater issue, he can fire away on the cocktails for all I care. He has earned the right to do whatever he likes. If the man wants to have a cocktail, more power to him. As long as I don't have to deal with another rescheduled tour or worse as a result!

Plus, he's in a far better place now, I trust his and his close circle to recognize the healthy/ harmless (cocktail with friends) from the dangerous (traveling with narcotics and mixing with hard booze or a dozen drinks onstage). I don't need or even want him to be a saint, I just want to make sure he's healthy and still doing this a couple decades from now.

A guy who writes and performs a song like Still Breathing every night hopefully knows his limits. In Billie and his close inner circle I trust. I'm just glad to see theyr're having fun.

• Like 2

Seriously, as long as it doesn't result in another cancelled tour or greater issue, he can fire away on the cocktails for all I care. He has earned the right to do whatever he likes. If the man wants to have a cocktail, more power to him. As long as I don't have to deal with another rescheduled tour or worse as a result!

Plus, he's in a far better place now, I trust his and his close circle to recognize the healthy/ harmless (cocktail with friends) from the dangerous (traveling with narcotics and mixing with hard booze or a dozen drinks onstage). I don't need or even want him to be a saint, I just want to make sure he's healthy and still doing this a couple decades from now.

A guy who writes and performs a song like Still Breathing every night hopefully knows his limits. In Billie and his close inner circle I trust. I'm just glad to see theyr're having fun.

Billie, like all the rest of us, has every right to do whatever he wants when not working even if that includes getting fucked up and passing out drunk to be fair. He did drugs and excessive alcohol for decades and still did amazing tours and put out some of the best albums of their careers. If he is getting fucked up between every single show it's his business. It's not affecting the tour if it is the case so just like before iheart nobody needs to know. Pat obviously looked out for Billie over the years (or saved him when it went too far anyway in 2012) so one can assume if another disaster was brewing the new manager would step up and do likewise. Otherwise it's nobody's business but Billie's. He is the alcoholic. He knows what he can and can't do in relation to alcohol.

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Instagram Photos