"Troubled Times" Lyric Video

Paola17

"Today we celebrate Love and Compassion more than ever." (on greenday . com) 

Direction / Script / Design / Art / Animation/ FX: Manu Viqueira

Original Typography / Design / Art: David Rodriguez Simón

Love the style for this video.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad. Troubled Times absolutely deserved (at least) a lyric video. I love the collages and the GD logo when it says "comes without warning". :lol:

7 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

You beat me to it. :lol: Anyway, absolutely love this lyric video. Probably my favorite so far.

I went back to the chat forum and saw that we posted the link around the same time (panicked a bit too, ngl.)

Honored to have cut it very close with you :lol: And I agree with your statements about the video as well.

I love all the symbols and sings especially the Warning sign!

And was that Trump screaming?!

Great video as always with the lyrics videos of Revolution Radio

The imagery is so powerful, the voting booth dumping all the women's progress in the trash, the KKK hoods as trump's teeth, man what a well done video

Is this what Billie meant when he posted that a video is being preparing for Revrad?-i originally thought he was reffering to the song "revolution radio"..:)

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!  That was the best video by far.  It is one of my favorite songs on the album, so I'm so glad it finally got a lyric video.  It is timely and revealing.  It isn't just a "I hate Trump" video but a video that shows why they do.  I would call that a political statement done correctly.  I'm so proud of them.    

Really love this video, all the symbolism is amazing, I think it really shows everything that's going on right now and what the song is about. This is now my favorite one.

Awesome! There's so much to see, I have to watch it again a couple of times to catch all the details. Great statement. I love it!

So probably we WILL get lyric videos for all the songs after all?

That's a wonderful anti-racist / anti-fascist lyric video with many sociopolitical messages and symbolisms. I'm really proud of Green Day.

9 minutes ago, navouxodonosoras said:

Is this what Billie meant when he posted that a video is being preparing for Revrad?-i originally thought he was reffering to the song "revolution radio"..:)

No, as far as I know he was talking about a music video, this is just a lyrics video, it's still coming

1 minute ago, MMwhatsername said:

Awesome! There's so much to see, I have to watch it again a couple of times to catch all the details. Great statement. I love it!

So probably we WILL get lyric videos for all the songs after all?

I was going to say the same thing! :P I'm pausing every little bit to catch what's written on all the signs, it's so cool!

Wow that's an incredible video. I'm honestly surprised that they were so overt in the political statement but fuck, I really love it. We were talking in the past about how this song would take on new meaning with Donald Trump getting elected and they just fucking went for it.

I like the part at 2:20 when actually everybody get stuck behind the fence. Honestly, I'm quite surprised that the video goes that much anti-DT - I definitely didn't expect it. But I'm glad that we have another visually and conceptually cool video from another great artists!

Well nobody can accuse them of beating around the bush politically now!  Great song, great video, and I think it's going to grow on me even more as I rewatch and pick out every tiny detail.

Hollywood Reporter already picked it up.

The video for "Troubled Times" is a mix of historical imagery and protest calls-to-action.

Nearly two months removed from shouting "No Trump, no KKK, no fascist U.S.A" live on, of all places, the American Music Awards on ABC, Green Day is back with a new anti-Trump screed. 

The band, which revived its career in 2004 with the anti-Bush album American Idiot, looks like its taking a similar tack for the incoming President-elect. 

On Monday, the veteran punk band debuted a new music video for "Troubled Times," a track off their September album Revolution Radio.

It's a strange mix of historical imagery (including multiple Martin Luther King Jr. references) and protest calls-to-action — along with Trump, his golden hair mussed and arms flailing as he ushers in a new political era.

Haven't even watched it yet but yesssss keep the lyric videos coming Green Day!

I love this video so much! I'm watching it for the fourth time right now and notice something new every time. It's very Insomniac-cover-like (which is one of my favorite covers) :D 

22 minutes ago, Andres said:

We need someone to post the album of screenshots. 

I have every frame already but my internet is so shitty and it takes years to upload! (it's 4.684 frames and it's 27GB big) I know I promised the frames to Still Breathing already but Google Drive just can't seem to synchronize it. :/ I'm going to try and upload it elsewhere. 

26 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Well nobody can accuse them of beating around the bush politically now!  Great song, great video, and I think it's going to grow on me even more as I rewatch and pick out every tiny detail.

"beat around the bush" I see what you did there :D 

Wow this is fantastic! Love that they're totally going for it fearlessly with the political statements, and the imagery in the video is done so cleverly and inventively, really like the way the band/instruments are incorporated into it. Couldn't be more perfect for Martin Luther King Jr Day.

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Wow this is fantastic! Love that they're totally going for it fearlessly with the political statements, and the imagery in the video is done so cleverly and inventively, really like the way the band/instruments are incorporated into it. Couldn't be more perfect for Martin Luther King Jr Day.

Today is MLK day? Woah, that makes it even more powerful. I was already wondering why they released it today of all days and not e.g. the 20th.

tumblr_ojvunpYFUT1vcf70co1_1280.jpg

His teeth are KKK hoods, that's brilliant.

Archived