"Troubled Times" Lyric Video

Paola17

41 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

This is now the #1 trending video on YouTube. They have a hard time keeping an accurate count on trending videos don't they? The view count is much lower than what I think it actually is considering it's the #1 video. 

Had to see this myself and it was there! Screenshotted that.

Still can't believe it dropped the way it did, but boy oh boy, was the timing spot on.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already said this on a youtube comment, like the whiny little prick I am but... holy shit.

If just some of those who say that Green Day are "trying too hard to be relevant and they should act their age" would have a fucking clue of what they're babbling about, they would know that Revolution Radio is a "nostalgic" album that sees the band reflecting on their past to judge their present rather than just "3 old guys trying 2 be cool and edgy".

Seriously, I cannot believe some of the shit that comes out of some people's mouth.

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

I don't get why so many people keep bashing the song, I think it's great and even one of the best on RevRad. I love the threatening, almost apocalyptic atmosphere and the way the song is rolling. The chorus might be repetetive, but I think this song doesn't need too many words because it produces lots of pictures in your head through emotions. The moment when Billie sings "We run for cover" gives me the chills. And the atmosphere of the song is perfectly captured in the video.

I don't care if Trump watches it or not or if anyone else cares; I care, it's a great message and I'm proud to be a GD fan :)

I totally agree. It is among my favorite songs on the album. Its simplicity works, because its limited descriptions leave room to apply it to many situations the country/world is currently facing. And I just think "What good is love and peace on earth if it's exclusive?/Where's the truth in the written word if no one reads it?" are some of my favorite Green Day lyrics. I just love the vibe of this song all around, and the video captured it perfectly.

It actually baffles me when people bash this song. It's lyrically the best thing on the album, the chorus just sounds so good despite being repetitive and it has a great message

Idk how you can say songs like "Ordinary World" or "Revolution Radio" are better when these songs sound so mediocre and generic in comparison (I still like the title track but OW can fuck off)

1 hour ago, Stefano Bras said:

I've already said this on a youtube comment, like the whiny little prick I am but... holy shit.

If just some of those who say that Green Day are "trying too hard to be relevant and they should act their age" would have a fucking clue of what they're babbling about, they would know that Revolution Radio is a "nostalgic" album that sees the band reflecting on their past to judge their present rather than just "3 old guys trying 2 be cool and edgy".

Seriously, I cannot believe some of the shit that comes out of some people's mouth.

Pro tip: Don't look in the YouTube/Facebook comments. Ever. 

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Pro tip: Don't look in the YouTube/Facebook comments. Ever. 

Yes. I made that mistake with this lyric video too (:sick:), and I promised myself to never scroll down to read the comments again.

I'm glad it's trending though!

Someone in the comments was complaining about a "punk band getting political. Since when were punk bands meant to take sides?" Uh since the beginning pal

5 minutes ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Someone in the comments was complaining about a "punk band getting political. Since when were punk bands meant to take sides?" Uh since the beginning pal

they use any argument to prove that they're not really punk. "true punks don't get teeth replaced" "true punks don't sign on major labels. instead they beg for money in the streets" "true punks don't get political" 

we can use this to our advantage and make them do whatever we want. "true punks fuck themselves in the ass with a cactus every night before going to sleep" "true punks use diapers instead of going to the toilet" "true punks disable their wifi routers and smash their computers" "throwing your phone away is the only real punk way, don't be such sheep". it might work.

Politics ruined Green Day, this video was so hard to watch.

"No this album has nothing to do with US elections"

"Let's wait till Trump wins so we can make an edgy music video"

"We cool yet?"

"Come on 13 year olds, we're counting on you"

Wow what can I say that has not been said already. I found this to be an amazing lyric video and perfect for the current political and social climate out there with all the uncertainty that is going on.

15 minutes ago, Δημήτρης Γκότσης said:

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/01/green-day-donald-trump-troubled-times-feud/

BTW can seagull get banned already....now he putted trump in his picture....

The lyric video played at the news in greece!! and they played the whole song behind a trump segment.

That's amazing! I mean it's... Sad!

OH fuck how did I miss his golden shower instagram picture? "Fit for a circle jerk" holy shit :lol: That is hilarious

17 minutes ago, Δημήτρης Γκότσης said:

why everyone says Sad! at the end of a post?????

I was bored and thinking of Trumps epic Twitter skills! Sad! 

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I was bored and thinking of Trumps epic Twitter skills! Sad! 

Explains a lot :lol:

I think this lyric video is spot on in every way. Even if you take Trump out of the equation completely  - which at this point is incredibly difficult to imagine, I know - this song and video would still be just as relevant and important. Let's face it, we do live in troubled times and we always have, with or without Trump. They're just more troubled with him. Unfortunately, he's not the first bat shit crazy leader this world has seen and he most certainly won't be the last. Would the haters be more comfortable if the Trump imagery were replaced by Hitler, Castro, Stalin, or even some ambiguous faceless lunatic? It's all the same. Either way, well done Green Day for staying true to your beliefs.

It's 6th on the trending vids on my Youtube page. Not totally sure how trends on YT work - could be it's UK ranking? Regardless, that's a pretty nice thing to see. :D

Also, thank god they didn't do the FB 24 hour exclusive with this one :lol: 

Edit: It's coming up as 613k views for me.

3 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

The youtube comments kill me. 

And really piss me off. But hey. Y'know.

"Why is this band so anti-white?" lmao one of my favorites. 

The lyric video is earning views so fast. 900k right now!

Green Day have done the right thing in the right moment. :)

2 hours ago, End Of The World said:

The lyric video is earning views so fast. 900k right now!

Green Day have done the right thing in the right moment. :)

Absolutely! One newspaper article in my Green Day Google alert this morning even called the video a "viral hit" because it's gaining views so fast (http://www.shz.de/deutschland-welt/musik/green-day-veroeffentlichen-anti-trump-video-auf-youtube-id15858996.html). :dance:

Archived