"Troubled Times" Lyric Video

Paola17

Stylistically, it very much resembles the 21st Century Breakdown video. In my personal opinion, it's the best they've made since then and one of their best ever. This could've easily been the official video. Besides Ordinary World, their lyric videos for Revolution Radio are really of the charts in terms of creativity and power.

21 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Wow this is fantastic! Love that they're totally going for it fearlessly with the political statements, and the imagery in the video is done so cleverly and inventively, really like the way the band/instruments are incorporated into it. Couldn't be more perfect for Martin Luther King Jr Day.

Very much like 21st Century Breakdown ;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen it once so far. I'm definetely going to watch it more.

Initial impression is good. I like how the video actually gives the song more of a meaning, makes it seem less generic or cliched.

You definetely need to watch it multiple times to actual see everything in the video. There's so many different images

4 minutes ago, Dakke said:

Stylistically, it very much resembles the 21st Century Breakdown video. In my personal opinion, it's the best they've made since then and one of their best ever. This could've easily been the official video. Besides Ordinary World, their lyric videos for Revolution Radio are really of the charts in terms of creativity and power.

Very much like 21st Century Breakdown ;)

Yeah, I feel like all these lyric videos are some little treasures for us fans. I want more...

2 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

You definetely need to watch it multiple times to actual see everything in the video. There's so many different images

That's definitely a good thing.

4 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Yeah, I feel like all these lyric videos are some little treasures for us fans. I want more...

We already got seven. Only Somewhere Now, Outlaws, Bouncing Off the Wall, Too Dumb To Die and Forever Now still need a lyric video. I really hope they make one for these songs, particularly Outlaws and Somewhere Now and Forever Now.

Absolutely loved it! Troubled Times is one of my favorites from the new record and this took the song to a totally new level. Really amazing how a lyric video can be so powering. Hopefully they will play it live. 

Another amazing lyric video! I'll need to watch it many more times. Most things have already been said - I love that they really went for it this time and it's a strong statement; I think this one is really going to go viral.

A tweet and article from Rolling Stone that Green Day just shared:

Wow, that was amazing. I love my band :wub: Stylistically I still think Bang Bang is my favourite but this is really good. 

35 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Today is MLK day? Woah, that makes it even more powerful. I was already wondering why they released it today of all days and not e.g. the 20th.

His teeth are KKK hoods, that's brilliant.

Holy shit that's some level of detail. Nice catch!

Nice job to whoever made that it doesn't come off like a teenager's opinion trying to be a rebel. Loved that video and I was thinking why wasn't that song used for a lyric video. Probably my favorite song from the new album lyrically. It feels very honest and genuine.

To everyone saying they feel so proud though :lol: Come on guys find something else to feel like a special snowflake. 

I love it!

This video is yet more proof that the people creating these lyric videos need to create an animated music video for GD.

Can't add much more than what's  already been said except:  perfect day and week for this to be released. 

51 minutes ago, petros said:

To everyone saying they feel so proud though :lol: Come on guys find something else to feel like a special snowflake. 

Wait, I don't get this?

51 minutes ago, petros said:

Why are we special snowflakes for being proud of Green Day....?

I'm proud of my favorite band because they stand up for their beliefs and are, in my opinion, on the right side of history. At a time when few popular musicians are really making a political statement with their art, I am wildly proud that my favorite band is brave enough to say how they feel. Making a video that shows the progress of MLK against the backdrop of the new era we're heading into is powerful. 

I know people always say that Green Day isn't doing that much by putting their political views in their music, but they are. If it wasn't a big deal, more people would do it. The fact that my favorite band sticks up for the ideals I care about most takes my appreciation of them to a new level.

38 minutes ago, Andres said:

Wait, I don't get this?

I just feel weird seeing people "feeling proud my favorite band is green day" just because they share their opinion on something. It's not dangerous to share their opinion on trump and 99% of other famous people that have done it it's the same as green day's. Of course people will tell me it's about green day promoting equality and being against homophobia and racism and all that but they have been doing this since they first started. Respectable yes but nothing new to feel proud about right now. Right now all they basically do is talk shit about Trump which is sharing their opinion. And good for them but I just don't get why someone feels proud about them doing what almost every other public figure does.

1 minute ago, MaraGreenDay said:

I'm so proud Green Day is my favorite band, I'm so proud of them :wub:

I feel like a proud mother who's raised her children right!

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I feel like a proud mother who's raised her children right!

Like a proud mom watching her kids on graduation day! 

Just now, MaraGreenDay said:

Like a proud mom watching her kids on graduation day! 

Like a proud mother fuck who's watching her grown up fucklings fly away into a sunset

This is lyric video number.....SEVEN!   Four more and we'll have a complete album.  I really believe that they should release them all as singles.  Spread it out of course, but all these songs could potentially do good things for their career.   Take a look at the track listing, every song is amazing!   

Back to reality though......These lyric videos are good 'feelers' for songs.   I haven't researched this yet but I believe that's the main purpose of them.   See which ones get the most views and positive feedback, AND allow the people at concerts to know the words to newer songs that perhaps they haven't heard from the new album.    

Good one!

I absolutely love this video! It was riveting, honest, true and utterly spine chilling. I'm so proud of them for standing up and fighting for the just ideals that they believe in. The timing was perfect as well with the current state of things in the world, today being MLK Jr day and Friday's events looming

this trump thing hahaha pretty amazing!!

i hadnt realized this thing withthe teeth and the cap ^^ hahahah hilarious....love this video!! song is amazing

39 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

This is lyric video number.....SEVEN!   Four more and we'll have a complete album.  I really believe that they should release them all as singles.  Spread it out of course, but all these songs could potentially do good things for their career.   Take a look at the track listing, every song is amazing!   

Back to reality though......These lyric videos are good 'feelers' for songs.   I haven't researched this yet but I believe that's the main purpose of them.   See which ones get the most views and positive feedback, AND allow the people at concerts to know the words to newer songs that perhaps they haven't heard from the new album.    

Good one!

Actually 5 left. Outlaws, Bouncing Off the Walls, Forever Now, Somewhere Now and Too Dumb To Die

I hope we get lyric videos for all of them

This one was definetely my favorite lyric video and it surpasses my expectations from just being non-offical video.

It's #7 trending on YouTube right now :toocool:

edit: it went up to #6 in the UK while I was typing 😂

How can one not be proud of a band who got famous for a song about jerking off, then 23 years later releases a video that will no doubt piss off the fucking soon to be President? Not to mention everything in between. So yeah, 12 year old me and 35 year old me are equally as proud.

Archived