Contest: Design your own "Revolution Radio" Inspired Shirt

Liam

Have the lyrics of Revolution Radio inspired you? Inspired you enough to wear a shirt inspired by them? Well this is the contest for you!

GDA is giving one lucky member the chance to design their own shirt inspired by Revolution Radio and have it available through the GDA Store for the whole world to buy! The team will choose the best 5 designs and then it's up to the public to vote for their favorite design.

The lucky winner will receive a free shirt and Revolution Radio on vinyl.

Send your submission to LiamGDC@gmail.com or via personal message on GDC.
Submission Deadline: January 29th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.

Contest Rules: (please read before entering)
- The shirt cannot contain "Green Day", "Revolution Radio", or any official logos used by the band.
- The design must be your own original work. Plagiarizing will result in immediate disqualification.
- No photos of the band.
- One entry per person.
- Designs must be sent in either PNG or AI only.

Good luck and happy designing!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Lone pinned this topic
42 minutes ago, Ellen Caulfield said:

Is it allowed to use lyric line from a song?

Yes :)

I have no experience in designing t-shirts, but my mind is buzzing with a lot of ideas. I'm excited to see others' works. :)

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

I wish I could draw because I have some ideas.  

That's exactly how I'm feeling...:lol:

png? Unless it's really huge size it shouldn't be used. Vector files are much better.

3 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

png? Unless it's really huge size it shouldn't be used. Vector files are much better.

Vector files are much better. But PNG will be fine if it's high enough quality. Lots of talented people use programs like Photoshop and it's not worth us limiting entries from those people because they don't use something like Illustrator. 

51 minutes ago, Andres said:

Vector files are much better. But PNG will be fine if it's high enough quality.

Should be mentioned in the OP or else someone will send something like 500x500px image :)

Also for a quality print I think it's good to use at least 300 dpi and of course CMYK color model.

51 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Should be mentioned in the OP or else someone will send something like 500x500px image :)

Also for a quality print I think it's good to use at least 300 dpi and of course CMYK color model.

probably the people who are good enough at designing to be able to win the contest are people who know to make it really high resolution

Just now, Lauren said:

probably the people who are good enough at designing to be able to win the contest are people who know to make it really high resolution

What about those who are not, but also want to participate? :)

13 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

What about those who are not, but also want to participate? :)

Then they still can participate...

This contest. :wub: I'm going to have so much fun doing this! YAYZ.

What color would the shirts themselves be? Black shirts? White shirts? That would be helpful to know. 

Ooh definitely going to enter this! :happy: need to get sketching. 

As an aside I still regularly save stuff like pixel art (sometimes as small as 80 x 80px) as a PNG, right up to larger digital art pieces (1000px plus) and it's always been fine. 

Cant wait to see everyone's entries!

I love all these contests and the prizes! Wish I was talented so I could participate :P 

6 hours ago, mies said:

Yess a design contest :D

one question :)

how many colors can we use? 

As many at you'd like.

4 hours ago, HungryHungryModels said:

What color would the shirts themselves be? Black shirts? White shirts? That would be helpful to know. 

I didn't specify because it can be whatever colour shirt you want. The website we use to print and send our shirts means when people buy them they have the option to pick whatever colour shirt they want it printed on. That way people have multiple options :)

1 hour ago, Liam said:

I didn't specify because it can be whatever colour shirt you want. The website we use to print and send our shirts means when people buy them they have the option to pick whatever colour shirt they want it printed on. That way people have multiple options :)

I love it! Thanks.

Can you include drawings of the band itself?

And rr as in album not song right?

And can we use fonts or we have to create them?

5 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

@Liam are we limited by number of colors or are you printing full color?

We're printing full colour on any colour shirt :)

• Fuzz locked and unpinned this topic

Archived