Contest: Design your own "Revolution Radio" Inspired Shirt

Liam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/01/2017 at 11:12 AM, zzjay88 said:

And rr as in album not song right?

And can we use fonts or we have to create them?

You can't use "Revolution Radio" at all, even in lyrics. As for fonts, you can use whatever you want as long as it's not copyrighted.

This is right up my alley--can't wait to start designing away. :happy:

So lyrics are allowed in the design, as long as they don't involve the term 'revolution radio' correct? 

15 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

So lyrics are allowed in the design, as long as they don't involve the term 'revolution radio' correct? 

Correct :)

On 1/18/2017 at 4:26 AM, Liam said:

You can't use "Revolution Radio" at all, even in lyrics. As for fonts, you can use whatever you want as long as it's not copyrighted.

huh, why is that? Is it just because it's the album name? Is it actually trade marked/copyrighted? I know the logos are but it seems weird that the words revolution radio would be copyrighted.

12 hours ago, Lauren said:

huh, why is that? Is it just because it's the album name? Is it actually trade marked/copyrighted? I know the logos are but it seems weird that the words revolution radio would be copyrighted.

I'm not sure on that either. Intellectual Property maybe? Tre recently posted a photo of a restaurant in Poland called "Green Day" so even their name isn't protected from everyone :lol: 

Wait, how is this Billie joe poster allowed?

http://www.greendayauthority.com/merch/item/111/

is it because it's technically a drawing and not a photograph? (Although I thought I saw that photo of him before)

and there's also a sticker that says "id rather be at a Green Day concert". Is that one ok because it's like in a sentence and not just a tshirt that says Green Day?

not hammering you or anything, just genuinely curious because I make websites and videos and stuff so I'm curious as to what counts as copyright infringement and what doesn't 

10 hours ago, Lauren said:

Wait, how is this Billie joe poster allowed?

http://www.greendayauthority.com/merch/item/111/

is it because it's technically a drawing and not a photograph? (Although I thought I saw that photo of him before)

and there's also a sticker that says "id rather be at a Green Day concert". Is that one ok because it's like in a sentence and not just a tshirt that says Green Day?

not hammering you or anything, just genuinely curious because I make websites and videos and stuff so I'm curious as to what counts as copyright infringement and what doesn't 

Here's the main difference, the stickers and posters were made by us. We took on the responsibility and a bit of a gamble that we wouldn't get sued for it. 

Technically this entire site could be copyright infringement. Our name has their name as a central part of it. We depend on our cordial relationship with the band and their management to avoid trouble. 

The reason we ask people to avoid using their name and likeness is because it's one thing when we do it and hope for the best, it's another if we encourage fans to do it as well. So we draw the line a little more clearly during contests like this. 

Just a reminder there's just over 24 hours left to enter the contest so make sure you get those entries in soon!

1 minute ago, Liam said:

Just a reminder there's just over to enter the contest so make sure you get those entries in soon!

Just over what?

• Fuzz locked and unpinned this topic

Archived