Second favourite son

2017/08/24 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL, USA

Sooo excited!!!

how I would love to go to this show but don't know if I can afford it

bX7Eo.gif

• Like 3

I am definitely going to this show! 

• Like 1

I have a presale code if anyone needs one, I'm in NJ so won't be going to this one :)

The fact that every Idiot Nation member gets a presale code for this one show could certainly hurt us, since they'll be spread around to anyone who wants one. Good luck everyone! Hopefully we don't have to sacrifice a limb to afford a pit ticket. If so I may sit this one out. 

I'm going to get seat tickets for this show. I love Wrigley and it will be nice to chill and take in all of the action and scenery 😍 Plus, being able to find a bathroom and get drinks. I have pit tickets for two shows this spring so it's the best of both worlds. 

100% trying for this show. Chicago has been on my bucket list for years and this seems like the golden opportunity to do it!

• Like 1

Have fun everyone. I definitely want to see how much tickets are...just out of curiosity, but I won't be going.

• Like 1

I'm trying to go to this show.  Hoping tickets aren't too expensive!

Anyone have prices yet or an idea on seating? How big will GA be? Will there be seating on the field as well? Since this is (I'd assume) the biggest venue on the tour,shouldn't tickets be less expensive ?  I'm a little disappointed that they didn't pull a Foo Fighters and add other bands to make this more of an all day thing .  I forget who else was on the bill when FF played Wrigley but they made it a special event. 

So are we really going to have to buy tickets on the Cubs site? Both Ticketmaster and GreenDay.com redirect there, and on Ticketmaster it says "more info on partner site" instead of "see tickets" like all the other shows... I wonder how this will work? I hope it's a fast site, since I'll be at work. I guess my beloved Ticketmaster app will be no help here. :( 

Can you offer any insight, @lizziebix?

11 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So are we really going to have to buy tickets on the Cubs site? Both Ticketmaster and GreenDay.com redirect there, and on Ticketmaster it says "more info on partner site" instead of "see tickets" like all the other shows... I wonder how this will work? I hope it's a fast site, since I'll be at work. I guess my beloved Ticketmaster app will be no help here. :( 

Can you offer any insight, @lizziebix?

Sorry, don't know.  Was looking at it today and saw the same thing.  Looks like everything will go through cubs.com

25 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Sorry, don't know.  Was looking at it today and saw the same thing.  Looks like everything will go through cubs.com

Grr. Second time this year the Cubs have made my life stressful. :(

P.S. If we get tickets, Brandon and I will likely be wearing our Tribe gear to the show, btw. Just to be #thosepeople. :P

• Like 1

AHH :runaround: 

ahhh snap, just got home from work and remembered that presales are at 10AM. i don't know if i'll be sleeping at all tonight :lol:

So,they go on sale at 11AM eastern time which would be 10AM,Chicago time on Cubs.com? What are the prices? How many price levels?

4 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

So,they go on sale at 11AM eastern time which would be 10AM,Chicago time on Cubs.com? What are the prices? How many price levels?

No one knows, that information isn't up yet, which I find a bit strange. 

I am suspecting the GA/pit will be $130; all of the other bigger shows there seem to have that price. We'll see though.

11 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

No one knows, that information isn't up yet, which I find a bit strange. 

I am suspecting the GA/pit will be $130; all of the other bigger shows there seem to have that price. We'll see though.

As long as I'm correct on the time.  10 am local venue time would be 11am,eastern time. Yeah not having prices up makes no sense. I'm assuming Cubs season ticket holders had first shot at the tickets so the information must be out there if they did.

2 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

As long as I'm correct on the time.  10 am local venue time would be 11am,eastern time. Yeah not having prices up makes no sense. I'm assuming Cubs season ticket holders had first shot at the tickets so the information must be out there if they did.

Yes, timing is correct :) 

When I saw Foo Fighters at Wrigley everything ticket wise went through the Cubs website. GA tickets were $90 after fees, but there were also 4 bands playing that day. It seems odd that no information is out for this show by now. 

Hoping the lack of info. works to our advantage. The presale isn't even mentioned on the Cubs site. 

25 minutes ago, Sarahnade said:

When I saw Foo Fighters at Wrigley everything ticket wise went through the Cubs website. GA tickets were $90 after fees, but there were also 4 bands playing that day. It seems odd that no information is out for this show by now. 

I didn't go but I remember seeing that there were other name acts besides FF.  To me that seems like GD should be less since CFATBM is  not exactly a name act. Any idea on the number of GA's for FF? Were there seats behind the GA's?