Will Green Day ever make a major lable E.P.?

1039Revolutions

Since Green Day's been on a major lable, they haven't made an E.P. Something tells me that will be their next move, maybe late 2017 or early 2018.. Just because they haven't done it yet and they're one of the few artists that are this long into their career without making one.

Any thoughts?

Technically they have, but it's either been live ones or EP of a single with already released songs

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

Technically they have, but it's either been live ones or EP of a single with already released songs

I meant an E.P. of new songs like Blink's Dogs Eating Dogs or Foo's Saint Cecilia.

I shook my magic 8 ball and it said, oh wait, hold on.. the 8 ball is something i snorted.  Okay.  I'll shake my round magic 8 ball and it says....  WWIII.  Fuck. 

I can't see it happening. For a band of their size it's not a very common thing, and they tend to struggle to keep their albums down to a reasonable length as it is. Maybe a live EP might happen, but as for a studio one, no chance.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I can't see it happening. For a band of their size it's not a very common thing, and they tend to struggle to keep their albums down to a reasonable length as it is. Maybe a live EP might happen, but as for a studio one, no chance.

Their size?  They are all like 5'4'.

Just now, tresexy101 said:

Their size?  They are all like 5'4'.

This made me laugh more than it should have. :lol: 

Maybe if something comes about where they're like "We didn't think this would fit on an album well, and there aren't many songs... So here ya go!"
Other than that... I'd imagine not.

Kinda hard to happen. I would like to listen to unreleased songs from a EP, unfortunately they (or the record label, actually) release just Live EPs. Oh Love EP doesn't count, it has studio and some of them are censored: Oh Love, AI, BOBD, 21 Guns and KYE. Since that time, NO EPs have been released.

Maybe there are chances for Record Store Day.... 

16 hours ago, tacobellfan456 said:

Maybe if something comes about where they're like "We didn't think this would fit on an album well, and there aren't many songs... So here ya go!"
Other than that... I'd imagine not.

the thing with green day is....that they always have songs:lol:

1 minute ago, Δημήτρης Γκότσης said:

the thing with green day is....that they always have songs:lol:

Yet don't want to release them if they're not part of the final cut of an album. The last unreleased track we got was State of Shock on Demolicious for the occasion of Record Store Day in 2014. In 2011, also for Record Store Day, they released a single with the original version and their cover of Husker Du's Don't Want to Know If You're Lonely. I think that's the most likely opportunity to get some demo's and unreleased songs, but since 2010 it's mostly a thing of the 'quiet' years between the end of a world tour and the promotion of a new record.

Well, many years they don't release B-sides on singles. Radio edits for Oh Love and Kill the DJ doesn't count, Live tracks neither. It's sad that in the 90s they used to release many B-sides on singles, OST and Compilations. BTW, somebody knows if there are plans for a "Still Breathing" or "Revolution Radio" CD Single???

17 minutes ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Well, many years they don't release B-sides on singles. Radio edits for Oh Love and Kill the DJ doesn't count, Live tracks neither. It's sad that in the 90s they used to release many B-sides on singles, OST and Compilations. BTW, somebody knows if there are plans for a "Still Breathing" or "Revolution Radio" CD Single???

I hope for a proper single release, but don't know whether it will be released on CD. Stray Heart, for example, was a digital-only affair. Maybe we'll get something with the release of the video for Revolution Radio.

I've been thinking about this lately, I'd love to see them record a 4 song 7" EP like back in the old days, but have it come out on Adeline instead of reprise. I'd like to see them do something special for it too, like using old instruments like Blue and the G3. fuck, they should do a new sweet children EP haha

Archived