Poll - Worst Green Day album

End Of The World

Poll - Worst Green Day album  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted revrad. I actually love DOS. So much soul in that album. it's so raw and real. Wild One will always be one of my favorite songs. He's so poetic on that album. The entire trilogy has great writing. The sound is not as good as it could be, but so many solid songs.

On 1/12/2017 at 4:40 PM, Insomniac1984 said:

I chose TRÉ because it has many fillers on it, as simple as that. Sex drugs and violence, Little boy named train, 8th avenue serenade, etc.

Sex drugs and violence, and Little boy named train are so deep and inspired.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Asik said:

I mean i dont like dos but come on guys Amy, lazy bones, stray heart. I love the trilogy too much so Id go with insomniac

Trilogy > Insomniac ????

XrHc1gDORei1q.gif

I can't say I've ever been a huge fan of 39/smooth at lease it's not something that I ever revisit very often. However I still might pick Tre. It's just not an album that I ever pick up and with the exception of a couple songs I rarely think about it.

3 hours ago, Haushinka! said:

Trilogy > Insomniac ????

XrHc1gDORei1q.gif

Insomniac > God

I just noticed that someone has voted for Nimrod (how dare they :shok:). This means that Dookie is the only album that no one has voted for. 

6 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I just noticed that someone has voted for Nimrod (how dare they :shok:). This means that Dookie is the only album that no one has voted for. 

Makes sense since Dookie is Green Day's best album and total perfection and Nimrod is their second best.

10 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Makes sense since Dookie is Green Day's best album and total perfection and Nimrod is their second best.

Still not a reason to vote Nimrod when there are worse records than Nimrod out there, whatever era you cherish most.

I think we can conclude that Dos! is the worst Green Day album, while Dookie is the best. I can understand this kind of hate, since Dos! has a lot of experimental elements and mabye an atmosphere that people don't like that much.

On 1/15/2017 at 1:10 AM, Dakke said:

Still not a reason to vote Nimrod when there are worse records than Nimrod out there, whatever era you cherish most.

I would've voted Nimrod if it wasn't for 39/Smooth and Kerplunk. It's a good album but not much more than that

32 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

I think we can conclude that Dos! is the worst Green Day album, while Dookie is the best. I can understand this kind of hate, since Dos! has a lot of experimental elements and mabye an atmosphere that people don't like that much.

It'd be interesting to see whether people would hate Dos as much if it was a Foxboro album

It's easy to vote for Dos because it's the least "Green Day" sounding album. At least half of it sounds like TFBH/60s garage rock. I dig the album, but for me it doesn't feel like a GD album so it's easy to throw it under the bus when having to compare it to the rest of their discography. Still has some rippers on it though...

8 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

I would've voted Nimrod if it wasn't for 39/Smooth and Kerplunk. It's a good album but not much more than that

It'd be interesting to see whether people would hate Dos as much if it was a Foxboro album

Vehemently disagree about Nimrod. The record features so much diversity and is their greatest musical evolution until Warning.

They probably wouldn't. People love the Hot Tubs because the style is a breathe of fresh air compared to 21CB. It just shouldn't have been released as a Green Day record.

insomniac is so punk and has the best lyrics. way better than nimrod and pretty tied with the trilogy, if not a little better. I dont think its anything like dookie.

21 hours ago, End Of The World said:

39/smooth is their worst.

I'm always quick to say I don't like Dos because I don't like it's general vibe, but songs like Amy and Lazy Bones are some of their best work. Out of the entire Trilogy, Dos actually has most of my favorite songs. Tre has Brutal Love, X-Kid, and Walk Away, but other than that it's the least memorable of the three albums. I don't think Tre is their worst album (it's not possible to have Brutal Love on it and be the worst), but it's ranked pretty low for me.

3 hours ago, Eric said:

39/smooth is their worst.

2 hours ago, End Of The World said:

I voted for it. :D

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Good! :D 

tumblr_lnlbdoEBPq1qg5nht.gif

9 hours ago, M0n3y said:

tumblr_lnlbdoEBPq1qg5nht.gif

As a whole the forum struggles to allow opinions that differ. :lol: Sorry I don't find songs that all sound the same and low quality to be ranked so high. They were obviously younger and now obviously a lot older and wiser their music is a whole lot better than pre dookie days.

7 hours ago, Eric said:

As a whole the forum struggles to allow opinions that differ. :lol: Sorry I don't find songs that all sound the same and low quality to be ranked so high. They were obviously younger and now obviously a lot older and wiser their music is a whole lot better than pre dookie days.

It was meant as a joke ;) Ofcourse everyone has their own opinion and I respect every single one :) That's just my sort of humor, sorry if I offended anyone with it :) 

The album speaks so much to me because almost every song is so relateable with what's going on in my life right now. It's like someone has been through (almost) exactly the same as I'm going through but then even before I was born. It's hard to put it in words, but 1039 will always be special to me. I don't care if the production quality is awkward and bad, to me it just adds to the atmosphere of that alum, when they were new and awkward to all of this :lol:

Archived