Poll - Worst Green Day album

End Of The World

Poll - Worst Green Day album  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Nooo! The bass solo in Makeout Party is telling me is not happy with your decision... :lol:

Please send it/him/her my deepest apologies :D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uno. Some of the songs I'm really fond of like Let Yourself Go and Rusty James... But just not a fan of most of the rest. In Dos's defense, I feel like I can listen to it and have hell of a ton of fun. I just can't do that with Uno honestly. I think Tre is better than Uno and Dos by quite a bit, but still not great.

Predictable, I know, but the trilogy. All three albums are pretty equal to me though, so I just voted Uno. :P

And like other people have said, I think 39/Smooth really is underrated. I mean, yeah, I know it's not for everyone. It's pretty raw, underproduced, not exactly as thought-out as some of their later records, but that's personally what I like about it! I mean, I spent almost all of my teenage years listening to old punk rock, so the bad production and sorta immature quality about it is right up my alley! lol

It depends on which aspect we're voting on. I voted on production value, I think 21st CB sounds the worst, even though the songs are technically good. I remember hearing some live leaks from secret shows before the album came out and was loving the song. Then the album came out and it sounded terrible. and notice how it was the first album since pre-Dookie that Rob Cavallo wasn't the producer on. Then for the trilogy, they got Rob Cavallo back. They must have not liked the production, either. American Idiot isn't my favorite collections of songs, but I love the production value on it the most, the way it's mixed makes every instrument sound perfect.

EDIT: the pre-Dookie recordings get a free pass in terms of production value. I'm obviously not going to rip on something that was recorded in someone's apartment because they had no money. but 21stCB was recorded after their most successful album of all time, recorded, mixed, and produced by professionals. They were on a major label and had plenty of money to record a great sounding album, but they somehow made it sound worse than the albums that were recorded with crappy gear.

I don't actually dislike Kerplunk; I just listen to it the least, so I figured that was a fair answer 

Definitely Dos, it is by far the most inconsistent album of theirs. It has some incredible songs like Lazy Bones, and Stray Heart but also has some of my least favorite Green Day songs. See You Tonight is not only my least favorite opener, it is my least favorite Green Day song in general. It sounds like it was recorded quickly on a phone within a few minutes and rushed out on the album. Not a bad album, just a bad Green Day album if that makes sense.

The fact 5 people voted for Insomniac makes me think of what kind of sick people are here in this forum.

Anyway my vote goes to Tre.

(Guess who voted american idiot :lol: )

8 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

It's awesome that nearly everyone LIKES their least favorite album, or has a favorite song off of it.  

I'm going through my list of favorite musicians and Green Day are one of four musicians (with more than 1-2 albums) that have yet to disappoint me with an album.  

Flogging Molly and Blink-182 are my 6th and 7th favorite bands, and they both had one album a piece that I did not enjoy.  (Speed of Darkness and Neighborhoods, SHUTTERSSSSS)

I'll just go ahead and throw this out there.   Here is the complete list of musicians that have yet to disappoint me:

Green Day

Uncle Kracker 

+44  (one album)

System of a Down

Transplants

Scars on Broadway (one album)

Box Car Racer (one album)

and here are some of my Top 20 bands that have broken my heart with an album or two....or three....or four.  lol

Flogging Molly  

Blink-182

Staind (one bad album)

Cold (one bad)

Kid Rock (one bad)

Shinedown (one bad)

Weezer (a couple bad)

Offspring (a couple bad)

Everclear (a few bad)

AUdioslave (one bad)

Good Charlotte (new stuff is trash)

Linkin Park (new stuff is trash)

Did you even listen to the Hunting Party album from Lp? :lol: I swear you guys are tough to please lol

39/Smooth has some classics ("Going to Pasalacqua", "At The Library", "Disappearing Boy"). The only decent songs on Dos are Stray Heart and Lazy Bones. 

1 hour ago, Q-Man said:

Definitely Dos, it is by far the most inconsistent album of theirs. It has some incredible songs like Lazy Bones, and Stray Heart but also has some of my least favorite Green Day songs. See You Tonight is not only my least favorite opener, it is my least favorite Green Day song in general. It sounds like it was recorded quickly on a phone within a few minutes and rushed out on the album. Not a bad album, just a bad Green Day album if that makes sense.

See  you tonight is the perfect lead in to fuck time:)

4 minutes ago, Dalya said:

The only decent songs on Dos are Stray Heart and Lazy Bones. 

That's debatable.

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

People have actually voted for Insomniac, holy shit.

The poll interests me because it will reveal how disliked the trilogy albums are in comparison to each other. I know Dos is least liked but will Uno or Tre be in second place? 

Dos has Lazy Bones on it, it's one of my favorite songs period, so I couldn't vote for that. Smooth had like 20 songs, but they were all about how Billie wanted to but didn't have sex, so thats the weakest one imo. 

Wow, surprised Dos' lack of love. I guess it is on the same level for me as Uno. Not as good as Tre.

The worst Green Day album is the one they have yet to release.  For the simple minded, my statement means it will be their greatest album to be released.  Now that you are confused... think of a number, not 7, 1 - 10, and think about it.  You're number is 3 and I'm god.  

Can't help but chuckle at the people who say they picked an album from the trilogy.. Then talk about how much they love the album and the trilogy.

"I picked Dos, even though it has some of my favorite songs and I love listening to it" 😜

6 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

Smooth had like 20 songs, but they were all about how Billie wanted to but didn't have sex, so thats the weakest one imo. 

Fair point :lol:, he did it so nicely though.

I'm resigned to the fact that people hate Dos but I really love it, it's so entertaining and the music is fabulous and it has lots of darkness to it as well, highs and lows. It's definitely my favourite trilogy album and one of my favourite Green Day albums.

8 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

Smooth had like 20 songs, but they were all about how Billie wanted to but didn't have sex, so thats the weakest one imo. 

Weren't/aren't we all in that situation? :lol:

Above sentence ignored, it is the most relateable album ever made in this galaxy to me, though :)

I voted for 39/Smooth, simply because it's my least favourite.  It's so hard to understand what Billie's saying a lot of the time and it's very repetitive.  I still listen to it and enjoy it, but nowhere near as much as the other albums.  Not gonna give it a free pass just because it was early in their career - if they released something like that now people would not be happy.  It was a really solid foundation for them to start on though.

Can't believe how many people voted for Dos, it's not even the worst on the trilogy!  It has some of their best songs ever imo.

4 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

Can't help but chuckle at the people who say they picked an album from the trilogy.. Then talk about how much they love the album and the trilogy.

"I picked Dos, even though it has some of my favorite songs and I love listening to it" 😜

I think the point they're making is that just because it's their least favourite, it doesn't mean it's bad or even that they don't like it.  There isn't a single Green Day album that I actually dislike, so picking the 'worst' is really a matter of picking the one I like less than the others.

Just because of the fact that Nightlife is on the album makes Dos the worst. Don't forget Makeout Party, Ashley, Wild One, and Lady Cobra. What an awful collection of songs. 

CRazIeS!! I will always argue Tre is the best of the Trilogy. It is. The best of the Trilogy. Tre! Originally I thought Uno was in 2012 but through the last few years, I have related tot he Tre material a hell of a lot more. Musically it is quite amazing honestly!

18 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

CRazIeS!! I will always argue Tre is the best of the Trilogy. It is. The best of the Trilogy. Tre! Originally I thought Uno was in 2012 but through the last few years, I have related tot he Tre material a hell of a lot more. Musically it is quite amazing honestly!

What I really like about Trè (and what makes it unique, in my opinion) is its atmosphere. I'm not saying that songs are masterpieces (except for Brutal Love and the crazy Dirty Rotten Bastards), but the album is defined by a feeling of abandon and nostalgy that makes me rank it easily over Dos! and Uno!.

So the thing about Warning being disliked/underrated is a myth then? Or maybe it's just a GDC thing and/or a backlash against that idea.

I can't believe how few votes Kerplunk has. 39 and Kerplunk should both have a fair amount just for the recording quality and the fact the band improved as they got older, not just one of them :P 

Archived