Poll - Worst Green Day album

End Of The World

Poll - Worst Green Day album  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

People have actually voted for Insomniac, holy shit.

The poll interests me because it will reveal how disliked the trilogy albums are in comparison to each other. I know Dos is least liked but will Uno or Tre be in second place? 

I'm curious about American Idiot.   I won't name names but I know one bird....I mean guy who will probably vote for it. :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I'm curious about American Idiot.   I won't name names but I know one bird....I mean guy who will probably vote for it. :)

I was just thinking that when I was considering which ones might get no votes :lol:. Even though they're very popular and respected I know there's things about AI, 21st CB and also Dookie that aren't some people's cup of tea. I wonder if anyone will dare to vote for Nimrod though.

Cannot believe 4 people voted for Insomniac. Unreal. Was between Uno and Dos for me and that was a really tough call because I love them all. Went with Uno, just had to choose one because I couldn't. Interesting!

39/Smooth definitely for me. Kerplunk isn't much better but it does have some great songs and some very Green Day sounding material whereas 39/Smooth doesn't really sound like the GD we all know and love.

I'm surprised Dos has so many votes. I know it's the most hated out of the trilogy but I thought the votes would be more even between the trilogy albums

I went with Tré. The trilogy are my least favourite albums, and out of those Three I Think Tré is the one I listen to the least.

Some people dislike negativity, and I dislike senseless repetitions, awfully produced, cliche-filled songs. Going for RevRad

43 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Hard choice between American Idiot and 21CB, they are both trash.

I'd like to see you give a track by track review of AI and 21CB explaining why each track doesn't work or in your words "are trash"

Dookie and Nimrod are still holding at ZERO VOTES.   Come on guys, there's got be one dirty rotten bastard out there who's insane and thinks one of those are the worst!   As a HUGE fan of Nimrod, I've heard a lot of folks say it's only 'average' or that it's a 'plain ole' Green Day' record (which is crap, it was the beginning of their broader horizons with trumpets, instrumentals, orchestra, etc.)   

and Dookie......I don't think I've ever heard hate for Dookie either.   The opinion that Idiot is better is perhaps the only barb I can think of against it.   The simple fact is that Dookie and Idiot will always be the definitive albums for the band.   While they will most likely to continue on a successful career, those two albums are just cultural landmarks.  

But again, SOMEBODY has to think badly of Dookie and Nimrod.  

There are reasons.  Perhaps all the songs on Dookie run together (nice visual!)    

Perhaps Nimrod is too unfocused and lacks cohesion.  

Welp, I'm off.  

I'm split between Dos and 39/Smooth. I don't hate either one, but I'm not reaching out to play each record in its entirety. 

59 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I'd like to see you give a track by track review of AI and 21CB explaining why each track doesn't work or in your words "are trash"

Stop feeding the troll

2 hours ago, platypus136 said:

This question is like choosing the one of your children you love least. I can´t quite imagine this situation, but I guess its impossible because you love them all...

Why has 39/smooth so much dislikes? It´s an awesome album!

For me it's because when I listened to it last, it was obnoxiously repetitive. No variation in the songs and way too long (although that comes from it being the combined version). But I don't fault the band for that. It's their first album so obviously it makes sense for it to be that way.

55 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Dookie and Nimrod are still holding at ZERO VOTES.   Come on guys, there's got be one dirty rotten bastard out there who's insane and thinks one of those are the worst!   As a HUGE fan of Nimrod, I've heard a lot of folks say it's only 'average' or that it's a 'plain ole' Green Day' record (which is crap, it was the beginning of their broader horizons with trumpets, instrumentals, orchestra, etc.)   

and Dookie......I don't think I've ever heard hate for Dookie either.   The opinion that Idiot is better is perhaps the only barb I can think of against it.   The simple fact is that Dookie and Idiot will always be the definitive albums for the band.   While they will most likely to continue on a successful career, those two albums are just cultural landmarks.  

But again, SOMEBODY has to think badly of Dookie and Nimrod.  

There are reasons.  Perhaps all the songs on Dookie run together (nice visual!)    

Perhaps Nimrod is too unfocused and lacks cohesion.  

Welp, I'm off.  

Well I think Nimrod is an average GD record. At the time it would've been their most experimental and the album with the most variety but I think most of what they've done from AI onwards has been more experimental and varied in sound and there are some very plain average GD songs on this album compared to the other GD albums. 18 songs was too much for this album. A lot of people say 21CB was too long but I feel like Nimrod was too long

10 minutes ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Stop feeding the troll

Well I would like to see that. I might actually listen to him if he made a point instead of just saying "AI/21CB is crap"

Intersting to see what people love and hate. Although, it's heartbreaking the amount of votes for 39/Smooth. That's my baby. :cry:

Uno, Dos and Tré :P But if I have to pick one of those three, my vote goes to Tré. And I join the HOW CAN YOU DISLIKE INSOMNIAC-club. 39/Smooth is one of my favorites, sad to see it gets so many dislikes :( Though I do understand that the raw sound isn't everyone's cup of tea.

39/Smooth is rather underrated. I listened to it about a million times over the last 20 years or so before I really got into it so I can't say I'm surprised, but it is great! Hey Haushinka, I thought Insomniac was your baby!

Close call between Dos, Tre and 21stCB but I ended voting for Dos because it's just that terrible :D

I can't believe there are votes for 39/Smooth or Insomniac, especially Insomniac though :(

I love how sacred Nimrod and Dookie are. (as of this comment :P ) No one's chosen them yet.

I feel bad, but it was such a no-brainier that I chose ¡Dos!. There's some songs on this album that I really love e.g SWTRLF, F**k Time and Makeout Party, but the rest never did much for me. I feel so guilty saying this! :cry:

57 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

39/Smooth is rather underrated. I listened to it about a million times over the last 20 years or so before I really got into it so I can't say I'm surprised, but it is great! Hey Haushinka, I thought Insomniac was your baby!

You're right, Insomniac is my first baby and 39/Smooth is my second. ;) 

1 minute ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I feel bad, but it was such a no-brainier that I chose ¡Dos!. There's some songs on this album that I really love e.g SWTRLF, F**k Time and Makeout Party, but the rest never did much for me. I feel so guilty saying this! :cry:

Nooo! The bass solo in Makeout Party is telling me is not happy with your decision... :lol:

2 minutes ago, Haushinka! said:

You're right, Insomniac is my first baby and 39/Smooth is my second. ;) 

Insomniac is the track list of my life. In its raw, powerful and catchy riffs, it helps me a lot in life. Really. :)

Archived