Poll - Worst Green Day album

End Of The World

Poll - Worst Green Day album  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in the minority here, but so far Uno is my favorite in the Trilogy. It's so much fun and I always find myself returning to those songs. Tre is good, but Dos isn't memorable for me. There are some good songs there, but I haven't really touched it since it first came out. That being said, I still enjoy the Trilogy. No, it's not their best and I think RevRad is way better, but I still enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

So the thing about Warning being disliked/underrated is a myth then? Or maybe it's just a GDC thing and/or a backlash against that idea.

I can't believe how few votes Kerplunk has. 39 and Kerplunk should both have a fair amount just for the recording quality and the fact the band improved as they got older, not just one of them :P 

It took me a while to appreciate Kerplunk. When I first heard it I was like what is this? But it grew on me and I like Kerplunk's offering songs a bit better than 39/smooth. I do like the 39/smooth reissue though lol.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only reason I could choose DOS as being the "worst" is because literally it only had the most songs I would prefer to "skip" over, otherwise yea I think I actually contemplated my choice for like 15 minutes....oh Lordy

6 hours ago, Cunt said:

Just because of the fact that Nightlife is on the album makes Dos the worst. Don't forget Makeout Party, Ashley, Wild One, and Lady Cobra. What an awful collection of songs. 

Lady Cobra is the most underrated Dos song ever. I don't understand the hate. Dos imo doesn't have any outright terrible songs, although See You Tonight is just pointless, Fuck Time is a bit weird but no weirder than some other GD songs (especially Tré's songs) and Nightlife is weird and strange but strangely good imo

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

So the thing about Warning being disliked/underrated is a myth then? Or maybe it's just a GDC thing and/or a backlash against that idea.

I can't believe how few votes Kerplunk has. 39 and Kerplunk should both have a fair amount just for the recording quality and the fact the band improved as they got older, not just one of them :P 

Nowadays people appreciate Warning much more. It's aged better than other albums like 39/Smooth and Kerplunk

These albums (especially 39/Smooth) are repetitive, lyrically mediocre (lyrics are just about Billie getting friendzoned mainly) and bad recording quality which is why they're being voted for

30 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Lady Cobra is the most underrated Dos song ever. I don't understand the hate. Dos imo doesn't have any outright terrible songs, although See You Tonight is just pointless, Fuck Time is a bit weird but no weirder than some other GD songs (especially Tré's songs) and Nightlife is weird and strange but strangely good imo

Nowadays people appreciate Warning much more. It's aged better than other albums like 39/Smooth and Kerplunk

These albums (especially 39/Smooth) are repetitive, lyrically mediocre (lyrics are just about Billie getting friendzoned mainly) and bad recording quality which is why they're being voted for

Kerplunk has some incredible songs, warning is over hyped, but it is generally underrated 

8 hours ago, Cunt said:

Just because of the fact that Nightlife is on the album makes Dos the worst. Don't forget Makeout Party, Ashley, Wild One, and Lady Cobra. What an awful collection of songs. 

I agree with Ashley, MOP, and Cobra, but Wild One is so chill. I love that song 

Just now, Sarcasm said:

Wild one and MOP, especially the first one, has one of the tastiest solos that BJ has ever written/played. ¡DOS! probably is despised because it appoints a lifestyle that much people finds disgusting or maybe its lyrics crash against their life views (or simply they can¿t get, I don't know). But musically, is the best that trilogy has to offer. Sadly, the worse song of the album, to my taste, was the one that gets mayor playing. I'm looking at you Stop when the red lights flash.

I voted for Dos as I skip more songs on that album than any other album. I'm not surprised that Dos on its own got more votes than the combined votes for 1039, Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, AI, 21cb and Rev Rad 

I just couldn't vote for Dos. Stray Heart opened me the door of GD room. From that moment I'm locked here inside.

55 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

My problem with Wild One is that it feels very repetitive 

2 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Lady Cobra in my opinion is a lyrical disaster. Nightlife is just the song that should have never made the cut on any Green Day album. It's repetitive and the whole rap thing is just bad. Most of the songs on Dos feel like Billie was just grabbing at what ever he could for lyrics. That's just my opinion though. 

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

My problem with Wild One is that it feels very repetitive 

Lady Cobra in my opinion is a lyrical disaster. Nightlife is just the song that should have never made the cut on any Green Day album. It's repetitive and the whole rap thing is just bad. Most of the songs on Dos feel like Billie was just grabbing at what ever he could for lyrics. That's just my opinion though. 

I kinda feel that way with Outlaws which is basically a longer version of Wild One. It's a good song, just kinda long and a bit meh compared to the other songs on the album

Lady Cobra I wouldn't call a lyrical disaster? It's not anything special lyrically but it's good musically imo. It sounds like a Foxboro song lyrically and musically

Nightlife, I'm not gonna argue with you since about 70% of the GD fan base hate that song

Gotta be silly to think Warning is the worst too. That is almost as silly as voting for Insomniac! Unless your a totally new fan to the band perhaps?

No vote is silly.  This is an opinion question.  Someones opinion may differ from your own, but that does not in any way mean it is silly, just different. 

1 hour ago, MysticManiac said:

I kinda feel that way with Outlaws which is basically a longer version of Wild One. It's a good song, just kinda long and a bit meh compared to the other songs on the album

Lady Cobra I wouldn't call a lyrical disaster? It's not anything special lyrically but it's good musical imo. It sounds like a Foxboro song lyrically and musically

Nightlife, I'm not gonna argue with you since about 70% of the GD fan base hate that song

Well, Wild One is I think 100 BPM, while Outlaws is 85 BPM, so we can say they are also similar in terms of tempo. Both songs have two of my favorite albums parts, respectively, Wild One guitar solo and Outlaws bridge. The first is simple but great and the second (really similar to the outro of Restless Heary Syndrome) has a kind of Muse vibe that I absolutely love. Due to the meaning of the lyrics, I prefer Outlaws, even if I'd like it to be a bit faster.

8 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Insomniac... pls don't kill me.

They probably will. But yet when I get on their case for the trilogy they say omg it's our opinions. Hypocrites! :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Insomniac... pls don't kill me.

Not only won't I kill you, you are my new favorite poster.  

On 10/1/2017 at 7:45 AM, Jake69 said:

1039. I don't think I've ever listened to it the whole way through.

I agree it's one of the weakest, understandable since it's their debut (I still love it tho), but how can you properly judge something if you haven't ever listened to it not even once?

34 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Uh, I never said that. I've listened to the majority of songs on it but I can't get through it because it's the same song over and over. 

You said "I don't think I've ever listened to it the whole way through" and no, it's not.

3 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Uh, I never said that. I've listened to the majority of songs on it but I can't get through it because it's the same song over and over. 

Im the same - I listen to GD albums front to back.

I believe that if Dos was released as 2nd Foxboro Hot Tubs album it would get only love contrary to this hatred. Some songs like Makeout Party, Wow! That's Loud or Lady Cobra people don't appreciate as a serious songs of Green Day, but if you look from the wild side - the riffs and atmosphere are really crazy and fun. 

39 smooth has some of the most emotive melodies Billie has ever written. The lyrics are written from the perspective of a 14-16 year old so they won't be to everyones taste. I'm part of the 1994 generation of Green Day fans, so I don't see any issues with the recording quality... If anything it has more heart than most Green Day albums post 2000. I love the guitar sound and note picking in the chords on that record.

Obviously it's all subjective, yadda,yadda,yadda.... but a lot of people are very wrong here.;)

29 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

I believe that if Dos was released as 2nd Foxboro Hot Tubs album it would get only love contrary to this hatred. Some songs like Makeout Party, Wow! That's Loud or Lady Cobra people don't appreciate as a serious songs of Green Day, but if you look from the wild side - the riffs and atmosphere are really crazy and fun. 

Exactly. People should consider it as the 2nd Foxboro album. It wasn't meant to be lyrically masterful, and neither was Stop Drop & Roll

15 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

You said "I don't think I've ever listened to it the whole way through" and no, it's not.

What I really don't like about 39/Smooth (or 1,039 as well) is the mixing. I can understand it though. I think that songs like The Judge's Daughter, 16, I Want To Be Alone, Going To Pasalacqua and so on would sound great with a Dookie-sound.

Archived