Poll - Worst Green Day album

End Of The World

Poll - Worst Green Day album  

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a strange poll, I hope it's fun too. :lol:

Choose your least favorite GD studio album. As usual, please, give reasons.

I say 39/Smooth. Too raw sound, tracks are fun, but the level of composition is very low (It's very difficult to say something bad about GD).  Kerplunk is surely a step forward. 

Have fun guys. :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Collingordon96 said:

HOW COULD YOU DISLIKE INSOMNIAC :(

My favorite album. It hurts me inside. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

It's official - we are out of ideas. 

I try anyway :lol:

19 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

It is hard sometimes being your friend 😶

But it keeps me fulfilled to know that I am befriending someone with so little taste.  It keeps my heart warm

I got to go with Dos. It has some nice songs, but none of them is something I'd listen to in normal days.

The Uno/Dos/Tre triology for me are the worst out of all the albums. They feel quite directionless and almost like a step back. Don't get me wrong, there are songs on those albums that I do enjoy (Lazy Bones, Brutal Love, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Amy, Nuclear Family). But in general, I just don't feel as passionate for these albums as I do the rest.

Dos. I dislike all three Trilogy albums, but Dos is at the absolute bottom of my list. All albums apart from those are close to perfect IMO.

I go with Trè. It has some really good songs, but also quite a lot of fillers. And all in all, it's a little too slow in my opinion. BUt the worst Green Day record is still one of my best records I own. :ga:

How many ways can we possibly rank their albums?  Albums ranked, favorite album, least favorite album, etc.  

I like lists and I like this too, haha!  

Kerplunk is my least favorite.   Waiting to see if anyone votes for the untouched records soon.   

Easy one. Dos! has in my opinion the bigger worst songs ratio. And there's only one outstanding song.

Green Day are simply the best.  I love all their albums.

With 12 solid albums it's very hard to determine which ones are better or worse.    

Nimrod is in my top 3 albums, but it contains one of my least favorite tracks (the fan favorite Haunshinka. Sorry guys!).  

The following is not my list in order, it's just showing what I think are strong and weak spots on each release:  

Kerplunk is my least favorite but I'm going through the tracks now and they are pretty good.  It's my greatest shame as a fan that I can't identify 1039/Kerplunk songs by title alone.  Not all of them anyway.   Green Day, 16, Judges Daughter, Razorbacks, Private Ale, 80, Android and Words I might have ate......I can't place them at all.    

Insomniac - has about 5 songs that I could do without.   

Breakdown - I could do without East Jesus Nowhere.  

Uno - Carpe Diem is one I skip sometimes, but a decent album.

Dos - Not any terrible songs but the only great ones are Lazy Bones and Nightlife.  

Tre - good album, but Little Boy Named Train and Amanda could've gotten on another train and I wouldn't miss them too much. :)

Idiot, Warning and Revolution Radio have no weak spots in my opinion.   

It just goes to show how great this band is:    I'm about to put Kerplunk (my least favorite) in my car and probably keep it there for a while.   :)

It's quite interesting to see that, so far, more than 50% of us voted for the Trilogy.

Uno.

It starts off pretty well with Nuclear Family, and Kill the DJ is a highlight, but other than that, I find it pretty boring and uninspired.

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

It gets my vote

I'll back you up on this. I really enjoy a fair few songs on it, but I barely ever listen to it.

That said, it's madness how many people voted for 39/Smooth.

I looove all their albums but I'll have to go for Warning. Solid album and Blood Sex and Booze is the best, but folk is my least favourite of the sounds they've experimented with, the lyrical style just doesn't appeal to me as much as other albums' lyrical style (even though I appreciate what they did with it as something different), and also Billie's voice is a bit funny on it at times, like lispy/spitty sounding (what's up with that, was it his teeth?), and there's some vocal effects that I don't like :P. Other than those things I love the album but that's what makes it my least favourite. 

1 hour ago, stories and songs said:

That said, it's madness how many people voted for 39/Smooth.

I can see why early albums would get a lot of votes just because of the recording quality of them. But for it to have that many more than Kerplunk is crazy! 39/Smooth is my go to for sweet, plucky early Green Day :lol: . Kerplunk is great and technically better in lots of ways but it feels like a prequel to Dookie for me, 39/Smooth is more unique. 

Poor Dos, I like it!

If I had to choose one I'd go with Uno. I still like the album, but it's the one I enjoy listening to the least out of all of them. For me, the highlights are probably Stay the Night and Let Yourself Go, but that's about it. 

I had to go with 39/Smooth, not because I hate it, but just because we have to choose one and this is definitely my least favourite of all. But I still enjoy it when I'm in the right mood ;)

I was torn between that one and Dos, but Dos has Lazy Bones and that song is SO awesome I couldn't vote for it.

It's awesome that nearly everyone LIKES their least favorite album, or has a favorite song off of it.  

I'm going through my list of favorite musicians and Green Day are one of four musicians (with more than 1-2 albums) that have yet to disappoint me with an album.  

Flogging Molly and Blink-182 are my 6th and 7th favorite bands, and they both had one album a piece that I did not enjoy.  (Speed of Darkness and Neighborhoods, SHUTTERSSSSS)

I'll just go ahead and throw this out there.   Here is the complete list of musicians that have yet to disappoint me:

Green Day

Uncle Kracker 

+44  (one album)

System of a Down

Transplants

Scars on Broadway (one album)

Box Car Racer (one album)

and here are some of my Top 20 bands that have broken my heart with an album or two....or three....or four.  lol

Flogging Molly  

Blink-182

Staind (one bad album)

Cold (one bad)

Kid Rock (one bad)

Shinedown (one bad)

Weezer (a couple bad)

Offspring (a couple bad)

Everclear (a few bad)

AUdioslave (one bad)

Good Charlotte (new stuff is trash)

Linkin Park (new stuff is trash)

This question is like choosing the one of your children you love least. I can´t quite imagine this situation, but I guess its impossible because you love them all...

Why has 39/smooth so much dislikes? It´s an awesome album!

People have actually voted for Insomniac, holy shit.

The poll interests me because it will reveal how disliked the trilogy albums are in comparison to each other. I know Dos is least liked but will Uno or Tre be in second place? 

Archived