Second favourite son

2017/09/06 - The Wharf Amphitheater, Orange Beach, AL, USA

spark in the night

Anyone familiar with this venue? Is there GA at all? The info I've seen so far says 100 level has seats. I don't mind but want to make sure there isn't a level even lower than 100

GTI
9 hours ago, spark in the night said:

Anyone familiar with this venue? Is there GA at all? The info I've seen so far says 100 level has seats. I don't mind but want to make sure there isn't a level even lower than 100

Hey!

I live over here in Gulf Shores. Haven't been to a concert yet at The Wharf, but here is a picture for a concert like Green Day. Middle seats are the 200 section, big bleachers are the 300's:

ob1.jpg

This is for if there are seats in the pit (which I am assuming are the 100 section:

a9474967c2e73f5f036a1c06eb7b2bc5.jpg

And here shows the venue a little better:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/green-day-revolution-radio-tour-orange-beach-alabama-09-06-2017/event/1B005226E0F755A5?artistid=768353&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Hope that helps!

desertrose

Green Day @ The Wharf

Posted on January 9, 2017

99ROCK welcomes GREEN DAY Revolution Radio Tour

w/Catfish and The Bottlemen

THE WHARF AMPHITHEATER at ORANGE BEACH

Wednesday, September 6th

Get YOUR FREE tickets all this week with Kevin 2-7pm!

http://www.wksm.com/2017/01/09/green-day-the-wharf/

DoodleBob
On 1/9/2017 at 10:07 AM, spark in the night said:

Probably too late but I bought 2 pit tickets today so there definitely is GA for this show.

If anyone has any tips about this venue or knows when a good time to get in line is to get front row (because I know it differs for every venue) please let me know! This will be my first time at this venue, (and my first time in Alabama in general!) so I really know nothing about it. It's also my first GD concert, so there's that as well.

Leisha-LUNA

Me and a friend just bought tickets to this on a whim because all the other shows were selling out. Please tell me anything you can about this town hahaha

miss green day

Hey everyone! My name is Shelby and I live just about 20 minutes from this venue. I've been to a handful of different types of shows here and I've sat in all the different sections over the years so I'll try to help best I can! 

For all the shows I've been to here, I've only gotten GA tickets once I believe. That was about 3.5 years ago for Dave Matthews Band. The show started at 7 or so just like this one, and I think we waited in line for about four/five or so hours and got pretty good spots on the floor. Not front row, but pretty close. The wait wasn't that bad, you'll be waiting on the sidewalk and grass area. Trees are limited and the sun is unbearable so definitely wear a hat and sunblock!!! And drink lots of water too. The humidity is the worst. 

I want to get front row for Green Day this year and I'm not sure exactly what time I'll get there but I wouldn't mind getting in line around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I'm gonna talk with the group I'm going with and see what we all think. (And ask what you guys think too!) My friends saw 21 Pilots at this venue over the summer and I'm gonna ask how the lines were for that show since that band is really popular at the moment. This venue usually sports country musicians and classic rock bands, so this Green Day show is gonna be a little different, I think. Waiting wise and stuff. With that being said, I feel relatively confident that the Dave Matthews show I attended should be an okay example to go off since like Green Day, that band is popular with older and younger people alike, they've been around for a while, and they have very devoted fans. (I met people who came from Canada at the show!)

I've seen Ringo Starr at this venue also and I was higher up in the bleachers and had a lot of fun! There's really no "bad" seat in the house. Bleachers make it to where there's plenty of room for you at your spot without having to worry about the backs of chairs and stuff making it crowded. In about the middle of the venue, there's a pretty wide walkway too. Basically what I'm trying to get at is that this place is very spacious and I haven't encountered too many crowded issues! If I had to say, I would consider this venue more relaxed and laid back than some others I've attended. (This could also depend on the different crowds.) 

I've always had a pretty relaxed experience when I've attended shows here so I'm excited Green Day is coming! I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw it. Someone can correct me, but I don't think they've ever toured in Alabama? Even in their early days. So not sure why they/their tour manager decided now was a good time... I hope they'll come back in the future though! 

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions or message me or anything like that! :)

• Like 1

CountMikeulasNextVictim

Got my tickets =)

• Like 1

CountMikeulasNextVictim
On 1/13/2017 at 11:15 AM, Leisha-LUNA said:

Me and a friend just bought tickets to this on a whim because all the other shows were selling out. Please tell me anything you can about this town hahaha

No idea about the place. But from what I've seen it looks like it's right near the beach so that's cool considering the time of year it'll be. Glad to see at least one person I know is going to this one lol

desertrose

Leisha-LUNA
On 7 March 2017 at 6:43 AM, CountMikeulasNextVictim said:

No idea about the place. But from what I've seen it looks like it's right near the beach so that's cool considering the time of year it'll be. Glad to see at least one person I know is going to this one lol

Yes! Hi! 

Yeah we googled Orange Beach and thought it looked pretty so committed to getting tickets haha. Looks like there won't be many other people I know there either, it'll be great to see you! :D 

solongfromthestars

This is a long shot but are any of you guys are driving from the Tampa show to this one and wouldn't mind me and @basketcase4933 tagging along? Would pay for gas and bring food of course. Will have to skip this otherwise because public transport won't get us there in time, but I'd love to join you guys!

Teenage Kicks!

Soooooo

I'm going to this show now :ga::runaround:

Mozzabillie
On 1/18/2017 at 2:29 PM, miss green day said:

Hey everyone! My name is Shelby and I live just about 20 minutes from this venue. I've been to a handful of different types of shows here and I've sat in all the different sections over the years so I'll try to help best I can! 

For all the shows I've been to here, I've only gotten GA tickets once I believe. That was about 3.5 years ago for Dave Matthews Band. The show started at 7 or so just like this one, and I think we waited in line for about four/five or so hours and got pretty good spots on the floor. Not front row, but pretty close. The wait wasn't that bad, you'll be waiting on the sidewalk and grass area. Trees are limited and the sun is unbearable so definitely wear a hat and sunblock!!! And drink lots of water too. The humidity is the worst. 

I want to get front row for Green Day this year and I'm not sure exactly what time I'll get there but I wouldn't mind getting in line around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I'm gonna talk with the group I'm going with and see what we all think. (And ask what you guys think too!) My friends saw 21 Pilots at this venue over the summer and I'm gonna ask how the lines were for that show since that band is really popular at the moment. This venue usually sports country musicians and classic rock bands, so this Green Day show is gonna be a little different, I think. Waiting wise and stuff. With that being said, I feel relatively confident that the Dave Matthews show I attended should be an okay example to go off since like Green Day, that band is popular with older and younger people alike, they've been around for a while, and they have very devoted fans. (I met people who came from Canada at the show!)

I've seen Ringo Starr at this venue also and I was higher up in the bleachers and had a lot of fun! There's really no "bad" seat in the house. Bleachers make it to where there's plenty of room for you at your spot without having to worry about the backs of chairs and stuff making it crowded. In about the middle of the venue, there's a pretty wide walkway too. Basically what I'm trying to get at is that this place is very spacious and I haven't encountered too many crowded issues! If I had to say, I would consider this venue more relaxed and laid back than some others I've attended. (This could also depend on the different crowds.) 

I've always had a pretty relaxed experience when I've attended shows here so I'm excited Green Day is coming! I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw it. Someone can correct me, but I don't think they've ever toured in Alabama? Even in their early days. So not sure why they/their tour manager decided now was a good time... I hope they'll come back in the future though! 

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions or message me or anything like that! :)

I saw Green Day at an amphitheater in Birmingham, Alabama  around 2002. I was surprised then that they were coming to Alabama. I remember Tre yelling out the bus window as they were leaving, "My grandmother is from Alabama!"

• Like 1

miss green day
On 5/29/2017 at 0:01 AM, Mozzabillie said:

I saw Green Day at an amphitheater in Birmingham, Alabama  around 2002. I was surprised then that they were coming to Alabama. I remember Tre yelling out the bus window as they were leaving, "My grandmother is from Alabama!"

Nice! That is so cool! I hope in the future they will include a stop in Alabama every now and then for us stuck down here. :P

DoodleBob
On 1/18/2017 at 4:29 PM, miss green day said:

Have you heard back from your friends about the 21p show yet? My friend and I are trying to gage when to arrive to the venue as well. We got GA and this is my first Green Day show so of course we are going to try for front row!

Loanshark

First post here..  I live about 3 hours away from Orange beach, and will be going to this show.  It will be the 2nd time I see Green Day live.  (First time was many years ago around the time of the Dookie album.  It was in a small setting - Spinnaker Beach Club in Panama City Beach , which at the time had a capacity of about 1500 for concerts.)

Been to 3 other concerts at the Wharf (Train, Def Leppard, and Jimmy Buffett).  Jimmy Buffett is from a nearby area, and almost always includes a stop at this venue on tour.  As someone else stated, most events at this venue are Country, Classic Rock, and Southern Rock (Lynard Skynard, ZZ Top, Blackfoot, etc...).  The venue is probably about 8 - 10 years old and holds about 9500 if everyone has a seat and there is no pit.  It will probably hold about 11,000 if all of the seats from the 100 level (floor) are removed, which will be the case for this show.

The floor is the 100 level which has removable chairs. There is also a 200 level that is about 10 rows deep with permanent bench seating, and a 300 level with bleacher seats behind the 200 level.  The one place you do not want to sit in is the middle of section 202 (200 level - dead center to the stage), as the sound crew tent causes obstructed views from this section.  That section has about 50 seats....  Seats 1-10 and 40-50 in most rows are good, but seat #'s 11-40 in each row of this section can have a blocked view.  There is a wide walkway behind the 200 level, between the 200's and where the 300 level starts.  Restrooms / Vendors are located under the 300 level bleachers, and also on the extreme sides of the venue on the 100 and 200 levels.  There is also plenty of parking around the area, as it is part of an outdoor shopping mall complex, that doesn't have too many open stores.  In addition, there are some very nice beaches in the area to visit either before or after the show.

The Twenty-One Pilots show at this venue last year was a big mess as far as letting people in with GA tickets, and many people where still not in the venue when the concert started and complained about management's process for letting people in.  I had read that there was some severe lightning in the area that caused some of the problems, but based on my previous concert experience here, I think some bad management procedures and lack of communication among the employees working the show and/or their incompetence led to some of the problems as well.  That being said, if you want to in the front for this show, I suggest you arrive very early.  Also, the weather in early September should be in the high 80's or low 90's, but it will can be very humid...  please bring water with you if you are going to wait.  

• Like 1

DoodleBob
On 8/16/2017 at 7:59 PM, Loanshark said:

Thanks for the insight! My friend and I plan on arriving early because we are attempting to be in the first few rows. Hopefully the issues involving GA are resolved by now, I would be devastated if anything like that happened to us!

desertrose

desertrose

miss green day

I talked to my friend who went to the Twenty One Pilots show last year to get a gauge on time to line up, but the way the venue organized that show was a nightmare, as someone mentioned above. Basically they sent out an email saying starting a 6am people can start to line up to get their wrist band and a number. The number being their place in line so they didn't have to physically wait their all day. So that's what my friend did but when she got back to the venue, she came back to what was essentially chaos. And as the person also mentioned above, the weather was severe so before people even got in they had to evacuate and missed the entire first act. But anyway! Seems as though the venue is not doing that again as far as I can tell. My friend did say that had it not been for the whole wrist band number thing, her plan was to get there by 3-4 for the line for GA.

What time are you guys thinking of getting there?

The_real_st_jimmy

Hey. I'm gonna be going to this concert I really would like to be in the very front of the pit. Would you say if i got there around 1pm would that be a good time to start waiting? I wanna buy merch first because the last show I went to I waited until the concert was over and the people in charge of the merch booth were closing it down D: can you buy merch hours before the show?

miss green day

You can probably buy merch before the show, it would probably just be closer to showtime before they had the booth set up. I'm thinking of getting there around 1 too.

The_real_st_jimmy

Oh ok cool. So, do you think the people in charge will give everyone like a number on the wristbands?(like you mentioned in another post) So if you step out for a minute for merch, your spot will be saved?

Edited by The_real_st_jimmy

miss green day

I don't really know for sure. :/ I think when they tried to do that for the Twenty One Pilots show that was the first and last time they did something like that. I've gone to another concert there where I waited in line and they didn't do anything with numbers, just the classic first come first serve. With that being said, I'm sure the people around you aren't gonna give you the cold shoulder if you tell them you're gonna get some merch. I'd expect most people to be very cool and save your spot for you. :)