Second favourite son

2017/08/26 - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, Darien Center, NY, USA

Maddie86

I really hope i can get tickets for this! Has anyone on here ever been to this place? aside from the lawn seats that are super far from the stage, I'm under the impression that there's no pit at this venue

desertrose

Todd
13 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I really hope i can get tickets for this! Has anyone on here ever been to this place? aside from the lawn seats that are super far from the stage, I'm under the impression that there's no pit at this venue

Yeah, it sucks! I saw Def Leppard here all the way from the back wall

Todd

@HungryHungryModels and I got our tickets! :D 

• Like 1

Maddie86
8 hours ago, Todd said:

@HungryHungryModels and I got our tickets! :D 

what section did you get? I never got my code from the idiot club, I kinda wish I could get my money back for my membership haha.

I don't get paid til thursday, so I might try to buy tickets on friday, we'll see

Todd
6 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

what section did you get? I never got my code from the idiot club, I kinda wish I could get my money back for my membership haha.

I don't get paid til thursday, so I might try to buy tickets on friday, we'll see

I'm in the 400something section :P not sure exactly what, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet

tinamariek4

They did presale like a "roll" where you couldn't really pick your seats but "rolled" for seats they chose.  First couple times I rolled, it came up lawn.  Finally was able to get seats in the 200 section.  Saw All Time Low/ A Day To Remember/ Blink 182 at Darien Lake last August from the 300 section and the view wasn't too bad.  Looking forward to seeing Green Day from a slightly closer seat!

HungryHungryModels

TL;DR:

If any of you have

any level 200 tickets and wish to sell them for any reason, please let us know!! Send a PM to @Todd since he's more active than I am.

We have section 400. We decided to try for better tickets today. Todd drew on a piece of paper and outlined the only acceptable seats. Dickish move, yes, especially after telling me not to complain about section 400. So I said "Why not 203 or 204? If I can get them, shouldn't I?" But noooo. That wasn't good enough. Todd had to work today during the main sales time, so I was put in charge. I couldn't pull anything in the 200s today except for 204 so I asked Todd if I should get them or not and he said it was up to me. I was already hesitant since he pointed that section out as a no-no. I decided to add them to my cart and buy them. Only when I attempted to buy them, they had already been stolen out of my cart within 20 seconds. I got so many errors with Ticketmaster. I am fed up. I lost out on more than one set of 204 tickets due to their stupid errors and site crashing. I was all the meanwhile also using the mobile app and on the phone. (I actually spoke to a representative and she was so nice and tried to help me find tickets as well). I heavily regret taking the time to ask Todd for verification. I wish I would have just gotten them. They would have been better than 400 by a lot. SO... If any of you have any level 200 tickets and wish to sell them for any reason, please let us know!! Send a PM to @Todd since he's more active than I am. 

Brian

I was able to get section 202 row 12. Took an hour to get a damn shot to purchase the seats. But I'm thrilled with my seat selection.

• Like 2

tinamariek4
On 1/9/2017 at 11:19 AM, Kyle Serlington said:

There is a pit but it's $450 general admission VIP package only. :(

tinamariek4

So our portion of this tour is exactly 7 months from today... which feels like FOREVER!!  So enjoying reading the experiences all the others are having and getting more excited for Darien Lake by the day!  I'm wondering if the setlist will change for our leg of the tour or if it will stay consistent with what they're playing now?

Q-Man

Unfortunately I only got lawn tickets for this show. It'll be my 6th time seeing them but first from a lawn section. Has anyone seen them with lawn seats before? Or been to this venue with lawn seats? And how was it?

Todd
12 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Unfortunately I only got lawn tickets for this show. It'll be my 6th time seeing them but first from a lawn section. Has anyone seen them with lawn seats before? Or been to this venue with lawn seats? And how was it?

Here's a pic from when I saw Def Leppard from the back of the lawn.... not the best view. But it was from the back of the lawn, I was against the wall. If you get there early enough and get a spot at the front of the lawn, i'm sure it's much better

img_4507ldswi.jpg

Q-Man
3 hours ago, Todd said:

Here's a pic from when I saw Def Leppard from the back of the lawn.... not the best view. But it was from the back of the lawn, I was against the wall. If you get there early enough and get a spot at the front of the lawn, i'm sure it's much better

img_4507ldswi.jpg

Oh ok that's not as bad as I was thinking. I have seen much worse lawn seats. How was the sound out there?

Todd
11 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Oh ok that's not as bad as I was thinking. I have seen much worse lawn seats. How was the sound out there?

I don't really remember. I have some videos I took, but I don't think an iphone video is a fair representation of how the sound was :P 

tinamariek4
11 hours ago, Q-Man said:

I had lawn tickets for a concert quite a while back and the sound was actually really good.  At one point during that concert I was able to get close to the front of the barrier that separates the lawn from seating and, while it WAS a bit better, it was far more crowded and the people were very pushy there.  After a while I just gave up and moved back and watched it on the large screens.  A friend of mine who goes to lots of concerts at Darien Lake will ONLY buy lawn tickets.  He feels it's a far more relaxed and better experience.  

Q-Man
1 hour ago, tinamariek4 said:

I had lawn tickets for a concert quite a while back and the sound was actually really good.  At one point during that concert I was able to get close to the front of the barrier that separates the lawn from seating and, while it WAS a bit better, it was far more crowded and the people were very pushy there.  After a while I just gave up and moved back and watched it on the large screens.  A friend of mine who goes to lots of concerts at Darien Lake will ONLY buy lawn tickets.  He feels it's a far more relaxed and better experience.  

Awesome! I feel much better about my tickets now! Thanks for the responses guys!

• Like 1

tinamariek4
22 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Awesome! I feel much better about my tickets now! Thanks for the responses guys!

You're welcome!   Now if only August would hurry up and get here! :)

• Like 1

W Axl Rose
On 2/28/2017 at 8:16 PM, Q-Man said:

I've been to Darien Lake a hundred times and IMO the sound is better on the lawn. I like it back there . Also,you saved at least $50 so there's your overpriced shirt paid for (or hope for $10 bootlegs in the parking lot after the show)

• Like 1

BillieJoe727

Can't wait for this show!!

blueshadows

I have tickets on section 202 row 8. Anyone knows of the view is good (I am quite short) and whether it is close enough to the stage?

if I do travel for this show, it will be quite an inconvenience (but I really do want to see the show) so I just want to see if my tickets are worth it. Thanks!!

Todd
On 4/2/2017 at 9:12 AM, blueshadows said:

I have tickets on section 202 row 8. Anyone knows of the view is good (I am quite short) and whether it is close enough to the stage?

if I do travel for this show, it will be quite an inconvenience (but I really do want to see the show) so I just want to see if my tickets are worth it. Thanks!!

That sounds like a good seat! That's the section I wanted tickets for, but missed out on. 

tinamariek4
On 4/2/2017 at 9:12 AM, blueshadows said:

I have section 201, row 7 so we will be fairly close during the concert!  I think both of us have pretty decent seats! I wish it was in the 100 section, but I won't complain about what I have! I'm short, too (4'11") so being able to see is always a fear for me but Darien Lake's seats are on a slight incline.  When I was at the Blink concert last year in the 300s section I was able to see pretty well even though there were people standing in front of me.

• Like 1