Second favourite son

2017/08/21 - Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

bjafan129

I will be there tonight!! I might Livestream a bit, hoping for some different songs!

Jonas01

I will be there tonight!! I might Livestream a bit, hoping for some different songs!

Stay in the moment...

MillenniumFan

Whishful thinking, but again, if they really care about their hardcore fanbase, they really should mix it up... 

PS: play some INSOMNIAC!!! *sign*

• Like 1

herewegoagain

Okay, we need videos asap :lol: Which song was the kiss during? (edit: meant to quote you @pacejunkie punk - I need to know this lol).

I'm actually kind of confused as for what place names to search for haha, but this just popped up, haven't seen enough She videos lately :happy:

Does anyone else notice Billie's voice being a bit different? He sounds a bit more nasal-y if that makes sense? Definitely sounded a little weird at times in my opinion.

Yeah, based on this and a few instagram clips I think I hear it too. Hope he's not catching a cold or something.

Warms my heart every time I read about people having a good time at a Green Day show! The venue looks absolutely amazing, too, would love to see them in an amphitheatre some day.

desertrose

AlissaGoesRAWR

PS: play some INSOMNIAC!!! *sign*

This x 10000000000

• Like 1

The Bellie

I also saw him sneak at least one shot of an inhaler back there. Asthma? Or does it just help with short breath?

Yeah, based on this and a few instagram clips I think I hear it too. Hope he's not catching a cold or something.

I just saw the She video and I can definitely hear it too! Maybe he's caught something - and blocked nose, because of the changes of temperature? and that would explain the shot of inhaler?

May that pass very quickly, Billie! :wub:

• Like 1

herewegoagain

Definitely sounds like he's struggling a little bit. Get some rest on your two days off, buddy!

pacejunkie punk

I didn't notice any difficulties he sounded great live. The recordings muffle the sound a bit but he really was good.

You can't see it in the video, but where it sounds like he chokes on "feel yourself suffocating" that's where he had to spit out his gum, so that's all that was.

@herewegoagain I need a clip of the kiss too because I don't remember what song it was. It's all a blur, but I know they've been doing the heads together thing for the past few shows so if you can find them doing it at another show it will be the same song. It was early in the set I know that.

herewegoagain

I didn't notice any difficulties he sounded great live. The recordings muffle the sound a bit but he really was good.

You can't see it in the video, but where it sounds like he chokes on "feel yourself suffocating" that's where he had to spit out his gum, so that's all that was.

@herewegoagain I need a clip of the kiss too because I don't remember what song it was. It's all a blur, but I know they've been doing the heads together thing for the past few shows so if you can find them doing it at another show it will be the same song. It was early in the set I know that.

I don't doubt it, something just feels a tiny bit off between those three videos? I'm sure he is and will be fine :happy: Oh and hey, you got the 21 Guns bridge!

Doesn't seem to be a lot of videos out yet but I'll definitely be on the lookout :sherlock: 

JardyOfSuburbia

I don't doubt it, something just feels a tiny bit off between those three videos? I'm sure he is and will be fine :happy: Oh and hey, you got the 21 Guns bridge!

I do think they were a little "slower" on some of the songs last night, but that's only because I'm nit-picky at this point. To a casual fan last night, I don't think they would have noticed. Bang Bang, Still Breathing and Minority and Forever Now seemed a little bit "slower" than usual.

Was there anything better than Billie saying, "I’m a pacifist, but if I see a Nazi, I’ll pass a fist right upside his fucking head.”

• Like 3

herewegoagain

I do think they were a little "slower" on some of the songs last night, but that's only because I'm nit-picky at this point. To a casual fan last night, I don't think they would have noticed. Bang Bang, Still Breathing and Minority and Forever Now seemed a little bit "slower" than usual.

Was there anything better than Billie saying, "I’m a pacifist, but if I see a Nazi, I’ll pass a fist right upside his fucking head.”

Hahaha, I love him.

The thing I noticed mostly was his voice, like you said, especially on SB it's noticeable because it's relatively challenging to begin with. There's something not quite as powerful and steady about his voice and the way he gives lines to the audience to sing. You get nit-picky when you practically follow the tour via youtube too :P 

I didn't mean to make a big deal out of it or anything, mind - he sounded pretty awful during SB at Pinkpop and the rest of the tour was fine. (Actually realised recently how lucky we are and he is to still sound fucking amazing after so many years of performing, smoking, drinking etc, it's not something to take for granted - but that's another discussion!)

• Like 1

pacejunkie punk

I think like you say its a challenging song at the best of times and also it's at the end of the set. I agree Pinkpop was bad. For a while now he's been dropping the extra "away" at the end of every line for more room to take a breath before the chorus. Makes sense.

• Like 1

communitykid

Had a great time, only made it through about half the show before getting kicked out. Friend got too drunk, kept fucking with security hard 😂 Fuck Blossom's security by the way, super unprofessional about the whole thing. 

Good time though, surprised at how much energy they still put into these shows. They're putting more personal touches into the performances too from a few years ago. And really glad I at least got to hear Bang Bang and Hitchin A Ride before we left.

themole

Great show, only bummer was it was a pain to see in GA. Oh well. 

I did notice them playing a little slower than normal but it wasn't really evident till Jesus of Suburbia especially the City of the Dead segment. Almost like they took an extra beat. 

Mar

Had a great time, only made it through about half the show before getting kicked out. Friend got too drunk, kept fucking with security hard 😂 Fuck Blossom's security by the way, super unprofessional about the whole thing. 

Good time though, surprised at how much energy they still put into these shows. They're putting more personal touches into the performances too from a few years ago. And really glad I at least got to hear Bang Bang and Hitchin A Ride before we left.

I can't speak to drunken fans/whether they were justified in removing your friend (Lord knows I get uncomfortable when people are too drunk near me at a concert :ninja:), but I know Chris (@Bald_N_Badass) said she wore an anti-Trump shirt (not threatening violence, I don't believe) and she got shit from security. Um, what would you expect from a Green Day show? So maybe security had chips on their shoulder about the crowd type anyway.

letsdanceon

Did we decide in that other thread the kiss was probably during "Hitchin a Ride" or was that just in the other city someone found a clip from? I liked when Billie climbed through Mike's legs during "Basket Case" :lol:

pacejunkie punk

Did we decide in that other thread the kiss was probably during "Hitchin a Ride" or was that just in the other city someone found a clip from? I liked when Billie climbed through Mike's legs during "Basket Case" :lol:

Yeah this was an earlier post. It was definitely HAR 🙂

• Like 1

letsdanceon

I also saw him sneak at least one shot of an inhaler back there. Asthma? Or does it just help with short breath?

I think what you saw had to be an asthma inhaler, because I'm pretty sure the Green Day live video he just posted an hour or so ago where he claimed he was "soooo vaping" was actually him doing an asthma nebulizer 😂 I have one but hate doing it and never use it. Since when has billie had asthma?!

Dylanbdog

Hey everyone, I sang Longview on stage with the band at this show! I had the time of my life, but I'm looking to relive the magic. I know it's a long shot, but If anyone here happened to get any pictures or videos, I'd greatly appreciate it if you can send them my way! Figured I'd ask on the GDC forums here to see if anybody got anything!

Thank you guys!

• Like 2

desertrose

Riotgrrl_GD
On 8/23/2017 at 6:46 PM, Dylanbdog said:

Hey everyone, I sang Longview on stage with the band at this show! I had the time of my life, but I'm looking to relive the magic. I know it's a long shot, but If anyone here happened to get any pictures or videos, I'd greatly appreciate it if you can send them my way! Figured I'd ask on the GDC forums here to see if anybody got anything!

Thank you guys!

DYLAN!!!  "Long shot" psshhhhh, I got you!

-Lisa Stief

• Like 1

desertrose