Second favourite son

2017/08/20 - Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA

So, I've been waiting for this for a while now. Has Green Day ever played in Cincinnati before? I'm fairly certain they haven't. Are the VIP packages still going to be $400 and include the same stuff?

1 minute ago, LizTheRusher said:

So, I've been waiting for this for a while now. Has Green Day ever played in Cincinnati before? I'm fairly certain they haven't. Are the VIP packages still going to be $400 and include the same stuff?

They played Bogart's in the '90s. I think the difference this time around is the pits in ampitheaters are TINY, meaning they're probably almost exclusively going to be reserved for VIPs. That's just my speculation though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

They played Bogart's in the '90s. I think the difference this time around is the pits in ampitheaters are TINY, meaning they're probably almost exclusively going to be reserved for VIPs. That's just my speculation though. 

I'm definitely going to get VIP but I just hope it includes a little bit more than the sandwich haha. Also, that's pretty cool that they played Bogart's. I love that venue

Just now, LizTheRusher said:

I'm definitely going to get VIP but I just hope it includes a little bit more than the sandwich haha.

... it really doesn't. :lol: 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 8:45 AM, LizTheRusher said:

It was 96'. 

• Like 1

GUYS I GOT PIT TIX!

• Like 2

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I think it was 98, the same tour (Nimrod) they came to Columbus:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/1998/bogarts-cincinnati-oh-3bd7b4dc.html

Hmmm. I remember doing "research" to prep for the 99 rev's tour, and the latest date i could find was 96'. Hmmmmm. 

Will you be attending the Cincy show?

1 minute ago, stuckwithme409 said:

Will you be attending the Cincy show?

Most likely not. It's my last-minute backup plan if for some reason the Chicago show is on a date I can't go. But I figured I'd keep an eye on the Ohio threads to see what GDCers are invading my home state! :) 

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Most likely not. It's my last-minute backup plan if for some reason the Chicago show is on a date I can't go. But I figured I'd keep an eye on the Ohio threads to see what GDCers are invading my home state! :) 

You think getting there at 6a on the morning of the show will be early enough?

21 minutes ago, stuckwithme409 said:

GUYS I GOT PIT TIX!

me too :) I am so excited...and broke 

• Like 1

Just now, LizTheRusher said:

me too :) I am so excited...and broke 

How early are you getting there? also, if everything works out, Wanna be line buddies with my Gf and I?

• Like 1

You think getting there at 6a on the morning of the show will be early enough?

Yeah definitely. That pit is small so any spot in it will be good, too. But the venue is also in the back of an amusement park called Coney Island that you have to walk through to get inside, so you might want to call them and see when they open. :P  

• Like 2

How early are you getting there? also, if everything works out, Wanna be line buddies with my Gf and I?

Yeah, for sure! Umm...I'm not sure how early I will get there. probably around 8 am. Did you get VIP or regular?

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah definitely. That pit is small so any spot in it will be good, too. But the venue is also in the back of an amusement park called Coney Island that you have to walk through to get inside, so you might want to call them and see when they open. :P  

I know the general area as I'm going to NKU next fall, and I live in Lawerenceburg, IN. Just never made it to a riverbend show. I'll call Rbend and find everything out! thanks!

Yeah, for sure! Umm...I'm not sure how early I will get there. probably around 8 am. Did you get VIP or regular?

Just regular. My mom actually "caught the tix" but MY shitty minimum wage job gets to pay for it lol

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, Riverbend is a really odd venue. I don't dislike it though, as many people on the main tour thread seem to. I think its really nice and small enough that any spot is pretty good!

Yeah, Riverbend is a really odd venue. I don't dislike it though, as many people on the main tour thread seem to. I think its really nice and small enough that any spot is pretty good!

I'll save a spot in line for you!

Just regular. My mom actually "caught the tix" but MY shitty minimum wage job gets to pay for it lol

Yeah, I can relate to that. I make a little over minimum wage, so I have kinda been saving up expecting this. I actually went ahead and got a VIP ticket, even though that I feel it should include more. I really want to be in the front row!

11 minutes ago, stuckwithme409 said:

I know the general area as I'm going to NKU next fall, and I live in Lawerenceburg, IN. Just never made it to a riverbend show. I'll call Rbend and find everything out! thanks!

No problem! Good luck and have fun! Even if you showed up at 7-9 a.m., by the way, you might still be OK. I got there around that time for the two club shows I went to last year and still had a great spot and time.

10 minutes ago, LizTheRusher said:

Yeah, I was one of those people, haha. :P But I admit I'm biased because the two seats I've had for shows there have been less than ideal. I'm sure the pit or center seats are great! 

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, I was one of those people, haha. :P But I admit I'm biased because the two seats I've had for shows there have been less than ideal. I'm sure the pit or center seats are great! 

I am also biased because I've been going to shows there since I was very young. I've probably attended more shows there than any other venue. Which is sad, considering I dont live in Cincinnati. There just aren't any good venues in Lexington!

21 minutes ago, LizTheRusher said:

I am also biased because I've been going to shows there since I was very young. I've probably attended more shows there than any other venue. Which is sad, considering I dont live in Cincinnati. There just aren't any good venues in Lexington!

I've been to the arnoff a few times along with Paul Brown, Great american, and U.S. Bank, but I've never been to riverbend! I almost saw Slash and aerosmith when they came but I decided to pass on that. GD in Paul Brown would be epic though.

• Like 1

Got my tickets, I right behind the pit, I I'm pumped. First time ever seeing them live in my hometown. They haven't played cincy since 2004 at us bank. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 21st century idiot said:

Got my tickets, I right behind the pit, I I'm pumped. First time ever seeing them live in my hometown. They haven't played cincy since 2004 at us bank. 

Congrats!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stuckwithme409 said:

GUYS I GOT PIT TIX!

DAMN YOU.

49 minutes ago, 21st century idiot said:

SAME! I know it's not pit, but I'm pretty satisfied. Compared to my Brooklyn show, the seats are soooo much better.