Will 2017/2018 be the time for Green Day to release a new DVD Live Album?

Stefano Bras

4 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Wow, good observational skills! I carelessly jumped to the conclusion that it was all from Green Bay (because of him saying it). I wonder if the audio was swapped as much as the video footage (personally, I doubt it. Green Day play so consistently that you can easily swap the audio and video from different shows, I've done it myself a few times when doing multi-cam edits).

Thank you. There could be other shows mixed in there for all we know, but those two I feel can be confirmed, unless he wore the green flower (I think it's a flower) at other shows besides the St. Patrick's day one. What I'm unsure about is if it's done by a team under Green Day or the label's payroll, or by the drum company to be used in the video. That may be unlikely due to the inclusion and filming of two shows 23 days apart. Maybe it was done for the documentary that included the Dallas (I think it was?) show. Regardless, the footage is pristine. The audio, too. Though, I think there may be a hint of the standard pitch correction used on Billie's voice like in AAF, but my ears could deceive me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, this doesn't sound pitch corrected to me, though I think they added slight echo and reverb filters etc to enhance the sound.

AAF sounds waaayy more polished (they went overboard there in my opinion) to the point where it almost doesn't sound live any more during some songs. This sounds 100% live.

Compare it to this and you'll see the two are the same;

50 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

No, this doesn't sound pitch corrected to me, though I think they added slight echo and reverb filters etc to enhance the sound.

AAF sounds waaayy more polished (they went overboard there in my opinion) to the point where it almost doesn't sound live any more during some songs. This sounds 100% live.

Compare it to this and you'll see the two are the same;

It does match up pretty well. I checked footage on youtube and there is Worcester footage in KYE for sure, he does a hand gesture during the line "The vast majority . . ." that matches to both the drum video and the Worcester video above. 

I guess almost everyone will be dissapointed if we don't get any official pro shot footage from ANYTHING during the RevRad tour. Isn't it sad that if we would like to watch anything from the arena tour so far we have to watch footage recorded by an iphone or a samsung? A proper concert video would be good as promotion especially for the newer stuff. 

They could make such a cool film about this tour....starting off with the club shows and then the arenas and then Wrigley Field and Rose Bowl. I catch myself wanting to watch Bullet in a Bible lately. I'd love a new DVD from this tour as I saw them three times. 

Archived